Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Autograph Collection expands in Spokane, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Autograph Collection expands in Spokane, WA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The Davenport Grand Hotel (new construction, opens approximately June 20) now appears to be available online for booking:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

Also a Category 5 property.

This hotel is across the street from the Spokane Convention Center and is the closest Marriott hotel to Riverfront Park.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Chewie
A tad bit more. They give you a $10.50 credit per person (2, me and a guest) towards breakfast, which is a free continental breakfast. We purchased a hot breakfast (pretty good too!) and received $21 off the bill.
Good to know that you can use it for either cont'l or apply it to other menu items. I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I call back, get friendly operator again, and ask him if they're the same building or not. He says 3 separate properties, but same owner & they all share the same phone #. So I said what if I want to reach a guest & he says I'd need to tell him which building the guest is staying in. Not sure that's totally accurate - ie, must say building or, if everything's connected via ressie system, just giving the guest's name a heads up.
The Historic Davenport and Davenport Towers have non-overlapping room numbers (Towers is XX50 and above, IIRC; might be XX51).
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:13 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I have a couple of things to add. I just stayed at the Grand and it clearly has startup issues.

Also, none of these hotels have coffee makers in the rooms. I was basically told this was a decision from high up the food chain to drive sales to the coffee "kiosks" in the lobbies. To make matters worse, the coffee kiosk at the Grand said it was open to 8 PM every night and was closed at least one night by 7:15 PM.

If I'm ever in Spokane again, I'll stay at the Doubletree. At least I felt like a valued guest last time I was there.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by stc
I have a couple of things to add. I just stayed at the Grand and it clearly has startup issues.

Also, none of these hotels have coffee makers in the rooms. I was basically told this was a decision from high up the food chain to drive sales to the coffee "kiosks" in the lobbies. To make matters worse, the coffee kiosk at the Grand said it was open to 8 PM every night and was closed at least one night by 7:15 PM.

If I'm ever in Spokane again, I'll stay at the Doubletree. At least I felt like a valued guest last time I was there.
There was a coffee maker in my room (mini-suite). It was in the bathroom, under a sink.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:56 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
There was a coffee maker in my room (mini-suite). It was in the bathroom, under a sink.
OK, suites and mini-suites then. But, I talked to the Guest Relations Manager. He confirmed that there were no coffee makers in the normal rooms. He did NOT offer to send one up. He did offer to buy me a coffee at the kiosk.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Davenport Hotel Doorman Honored for Service

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...rs-of-service/

He's an icon at the Davenport Hotel (listed on the Marriott website as The Historic Davenport, part of the Autograph Collection).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.