Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Good details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029755-post302.html

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Do not participate in Marriott reward booking(?) (old Category 7)
Atlantis, Coral Towers - New Category 5 (35k) (old Category 8 (from March, 2018 https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi)
Atlantis, Royal Towers - New Category 6 (50k) (old Category 8)
The Cove Atlantis - New Category 7 (60k) (old Category 9)

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend. Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity. $20 internet fee* is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs. For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person. *For Royal, Coral, Beach Towers, internet is included as part of the daily resort fee of $50.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, In addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, 12%* (as of July 1, 2018), making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 37.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/05/30/vat-hike-to-12-percent/
*If you booked prior to the VAT increase, you should be able to have the original 7.5% VAT honored. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/06/07/hotels-and-resorts-allowed-to-honor-prior-bookings-at-7-5-vat/

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.
- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
- Reward booking can be done online from Marriott website. You can also book stays with points advance (borrow points). The cancellation policy is normally 14 days in advance. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: MVCI, MRP

A TUGger just posted about this:

A New Treasure for the Autograph Collection (news.marriott.com)
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Usually Autograph Collections are smaller, boutique hotels (well, other than the Cosmo). The Atlantis has 3,400 rooms, so a bit surprised they put it under the Autograph brand vs. Marriott or Ren.

From the article: "The property is expected to officially join the Autograph Collection in the fall."

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:27 pm

and before anybody say anything, yes this will be a resort so no brekkie for us, and furthermore suites will be excluded. Internet will be 1Mbps for plats and not guaranteed speed. Thats what I would expect really..
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Usually Autograph Collections are smaller, boutique hotels (well, other than the Cosmo). The Atlantis has 3,400 rooms, so a bit surprised they put it under the Autograph brand vs. Marriott or Ren.

From the article: "The property is expected to officially join the Autograph Collection in the fall."

Cheers.
this will be the largest hotel in the system

By going with AC it leaves the owner/operator much more operational leeway on how to run their hotel - just think of the phyiscal and operational changes that would have to occur for the hotel to become a Renaissance or Marriott
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I wonder what category.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:32 pm

The new category 14
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Talking

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
The new category 14
Good Lord that's funny!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Wow, that's quite a coup. I wonder of the Dubai property will follow soon. And the newly announced property in Sanya China. They're pretty tightly linked.

They have such a wide range of rooms, I wonder if they'll offer different buildings at different award levels.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I think I know where I'm going on vacation next year.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by libuser
and before anybody say anything, yes this will be a resort so no brekkie for us, and furthermore suites will be excluded. Internet will be 1Mbps for plats and not guaranteed speed. Thats what I would expect really..
Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?
DCFinanceinFlight likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by billycwhatup
The new category 14
+$100 upcharge/night to get out of the lowly Beach Tower to not as lowly Corals.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 7:05 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
+$100 upcharge/night to get out of the lowly Beach Tower to not as lowly Corals.
Category: "Just give us whats in your account"
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Is it that hard to write breakfast instead of the god-awful "brekkie" when you are writing three sentences instead of just a short one sentence?
+1
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Is it that hard to stay on-topic vs. sidetracking it with a spelling debate?

BTW - countdown 'til we get the first FTer asking when s/he can book the property

Cheers.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 8:19 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by CPRich
Wow, that's quite a coup. I wonder of the Dubai property will follow soon. And the newly announced property in Sanya China. They're pretty tightly linked.
I don't think so. Apparently as part of a debt restructuring a few years ago the Bahamas property was turned over to a Brookfield fund... whereas the Dubai property went to a unit of Dubai World.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.