Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Good details in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30029755-post302.html

The Atlantis is made up of 4 towers that will participate for redemption stays. They are as follows:

Atlantis, Beach Tower - Do not participate in Marriott reward booking(?) (old Category 7)
Atlantis, Coral Towers - New Category 5 (35k) (old Category 8 (from March, 2018 https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi)
Atlantis, Royal Towers - New Category 6 (50k) (old Category 8)
The Cove Atlantis - New Category 7 (60k) (old Category 9)

Apparently, you cannot redeem points for a stay at The Reef Atlantis, but you can earn points on a paid stay there.

Points are earned for room rate only. No points on incidental spend. Platinum Arrival Gift (PAG) is 500pts or food/drink amenity. $20 internet fee* is NOT waived for Gold/Plats per Marriott's T&Cs. For rooms that will have more than two people aged twelve or over, there is an "additional adult charge" per person. *For Royal, Coral, Beach Towers, internet is included as part of the daily resort fee of $50.

"For clarification purposes, the daily charge is not a resort fee. The additional charges associated with the stay currently include mandatory gratuities and a utility service fee per person per day. The amount can vary by unit type by building. These additional charges have always been in place at Atlantis."

ADDITIONAL CHARGES:

Guests of Atlantis, Harborside Resort, The Cove and The Reef Atlantis are subject to an 20% charge per night that includes taxes, the Paradise Island Tourism and Development Association levy, the Nassau Paradise Island Promotion Board levy and compensation for servicing your reservation. In addition, guests will be required to pay a mandatory gratuity and utility service fee of (i) up to $25.95 per person per day depending on unit type for Atlantis guests, (ii) up to $20.70 per person per day depending on unit type for Harborside Resort guests, and (iii) up to $65.95 per person per day depending on unit type for The Cove or The Reef Atlantis guests. If you purchase a pre-paid package these charges are already included in your package price. If you do not purchase a pre-paid package, these charges will be assessed upon check out at the property. Please be advised that all mandatory gratuities, taxes, levies and service fees are subject to change.

As of 01-Jan-2015, In addition to the previous 20% tax on room rate and purchases, there is an additional VAT of 7.5%, 12%* (as of July 1, 2018), making a total tax on room rate and purchases of 37.5%. This also applies to additional adult fees (for more than two person ages 12 and older staying in the same room), but does not apply to the mandatory gratuity and utility fees. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/05/30/vat-hike-to-12-percent/
*If you booked prior to the VAT increase, you should be able to have the original 7.5% VAT honored. https://thenassauguardian.com/2018/06/07/hotels-and-resorts-allowed-to-honor-prior-bookings-at-7-5-vat/

Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas participates in Marriott Rewards as follows:
- Points or Miles may be earned for reservations booked through www.marriott.com/atlantis or by calling 1-855-696-4732.
- Points or Miles will not be earned and Points cannot be redeemed for reservations booked through Atlantis Paradise Vacations, Atlantis.com, or AtlantisBahamas.com.
- Reward booking can be done online from Marriott website. You can also book stays with points advance (borrow points). The cancellation policy is normally 14 days in advance. Points may be redeemed for stays only by calling 1-855-696-4732. At this time, redemption stays cannot be booked online.
Print Wikipost

Atlantis, Bahamas an Autograph Collection [Master Thread]

Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No points on f and b spend sucks.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
What also sucks is that if the reservation was made prior to Oct 16th, even if the stay is after Oct 16th, that no points/night credit are earned.

Also, this is a non-answer:

What Elite benefits will I receive at Atlantis?

Marriott Rewards Elite Members who book a stay will receive benefits by level when staying at Atlantis. Please note in our Elite Member Terms & Conditions: A valid member number is required at the time of reservation in order to receive Elite benefits. While we will do everything we can to deliver upon Elite Benefits at all times, certain Elite benefits may not apply.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the same rate is still available, I assume people could just make a new res and cancel the old one.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
website doesn't work....maybe will tomorrow?

I found Atlantis on marriott.com. Still listed as "coming soon." Each section is listed as a sep. property.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
If the same rate is still available, I assume people could just make a new res and cancel the old one.
Correct, assuming the same rate is available. But if not it's gotta suck knowing it's part of Marriott yet you're not getting points.

Cheers.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by joshua362
I agree with this logic (if the desperation is true, lots of F&B revenue still to earn) - without a MR redemption history as being new to chain, it would be impossible to set or has to be set as a "1".

But I don't believe that category resetting base on redemption history nonsense for a minute otherwise ups would equal downs each year but that's another well beaten thread...
Gee, wouldn't a property with no redemption history have to be set much, much lower if not "1" if everything we've been told about category setting be true? I realize 1 is unrealistic but 7, 8 & 9 right off the bat? Maybe time to stop believing this nonsense!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:03 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by joshua362
I realize 1 is unrealistic but 7, 8 & 9 right off the bat? Maybe time to stop believing this nonsense!
I would guess they make their best "guess" as to category during the first year and then based on the results will adjust accordingly.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:48 am

I always thought the cat were based on (in season) room prices, making 7,8,9 reasonable. Anyhow, just booked the cove (cat 9) for 5 nts in march (180K). Had to be done by phone (early on 10/16 anyway)

p.s. my reservation said

"As a Gold Elite member, you can enjoy the following benefits during your stay (may vary by property):

• Guaranteed lounge access for you and a guest. Free continental breakfast for member plus one guest daily. Resorts excluded and certain hotels exempt.
• Complimentary Room Upgrade (Based on availability, at time of check-in)
• Free Internet Access

Learn More

Last edited by frankhi; Oct 16, 2014 at 8:50 am
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:31 am

Atlantis, Bahamas now an Autograph Collection property

Are they open for booking?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
What Elite benefits will I receive at Atlantis?

Marriott Rewards Elite Members who book a stay will receive benefits by level when staying at Atlantis. Please note in our Elite Member Terms & Conditions: A valid member number is required at the time of reservation in order to receive Elite benefits. While we will do everything we can to deliver upon Elite Benefits at all times, certain Elite benefits may not apply.
Can we be less specific? Seriously, if P/PP books Cat7, and Cat9 is available for the duration of the stay, will they be upgraded to Cat9?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by iztok
Can we be less specific? Seriously, if P/PP books Cat7, and Cat9 is available for the duration of the stay, will they be upgraded to Cat9?
I'm thinking that would generally be a no. This is based on each Tower being treated as a different hotel rather than it being one hotel which requires upgrade certs for the higher category Towers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Marriot Plt, Avis 1st
Just booked by phone 7 night in April at the Royal Towers. 240,000 points. Also charged a service fee of $41.90 a night for "utilities and 15% gratuity" No one can explain what that charge is for.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Can't figure out how to book a paid stay. Neither can Marriott. I called the number stated on the Atlantis page. All they can see are award stays. They transferred me to Atlantis. They said they can take my res, but not attache my MR number-no point earnings.

Last edited by Mr. Vker; Oct 16, 2014 at 9:35 am
Old Oct 16, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by frankhi
I always thought the cat were based on (in season) room prices, making 7,8,9 reasonable. Anyhow, just booked the cove (cat 9) for 5 nts in march (180K). Had to be done by phone (early on 10/16 anyway)

p.s. my reservation said

"As a Gold Elite member, you can enjoy the following benefits during your stay (may vary by property):

Guaranteed lounge access for you and a guest. Free continental breakfast for member plus one guest daily. Resorts excluded and certain hotels exempt.
Complimentary Room Upgrade (Based on availability, at time of check-in)
Free Internet Access

Learn More
Is Atlantis a resort & is there a resort fee at the property that includes i-net? If so, that minimizes any Gold bennies.

Cheers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 10:25 am

Reports on Insiders that others are having trouble trying to book too.

Noticed this so thought I'd post for others (hat tip to erc on Insiders):

The $99 rate is pre-paid from now until 12/17 except for 11/23-11/30 (if booked by 11/18). They say double occupancy, but then tell you kids eat free (do junior and his sister take it above double occupancy, for an additional charge? call and find out ). Ooh, don't forget the $62 nightly charge for taxes, housekeeping gratuities (wonder if they leave an envelope also) and utilities (can you opt out of lights ).

$99 sounds pretty good. The per night additional charges, not so much.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.