Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2014, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: centrifuge41
Social accounts, shared by members of Flyertalk.

Twitter
Marriott Properties:Renaissance PropertiesFacebook
Marriott Properties:Renaissance Properties:

* indicates received points
^ indicates didn't receive points
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards - Plus Points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, HHonors, SPG, Marriott
I've done testing and you only get 25 points once in a day for #LoveMarriottRewards, #RenHotels and #AutographHotels. For example if you tweet/retweet twice with #LoveMarriottRewards, you only get credit for one.

Also don't forget to use #MRPoints with that or otherwise it won't catch.

My strategy involves 3 a day and if you do the math it's more than enough.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:02 am

So what, you just retweet what Marriott posts and do that 3 times a day?
In the first you put #LoveMarriottRewards plus #MRPoints, second #RenHotels plus #MRPoints and third #AutographHotels plus #MRPoints?

Or you just make three random tweets with the above pattern?

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:24 am

If you do a search on #MRPoints on twitter that's precisely what you'll see.

For some reason I see tweets like "#LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints Another day! It's July 28, 2014 at 09:32PM" a lot out of Asian twitter accounts. Anybody know where its coming from? Must be some sort of app because it's always time stamped.

The 3 tweets that I use look like this via Hootsuite:
Love Marriott Reward Points and want more for free? http://bit.ly/LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints #LoveMarriottRewards
Love Marriott Reward Points and want more for free? http://bit.ly/LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints #AutographHotels
Love Marriott Reward Points and want more for free? http://bit.ly/LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints #RenHotels
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:53 am

What do you mean, via hootsuite?

I have googled it but did not get the link

would it be enough if I twitter the three lines each day in three different tweets?

thanks for your help!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 8:56 am

Hey jasepo, just check out my blog post above linked in the tweet and from there I reference my original post about the Plus Points program and I layout the strategy using Hootsuite.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by willsterstyle
For some reason I see tweets like "#LoveMarriottRewards #MRpoints Another day! It's July 28, 2014 at 09:32PM" a lot out of Asian twitter accounts. Anybody know where its coming from? Must be some sort of app because it's always time stamped.
There are other sites/apps than Hootsuite
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by nacho
There are other sites/apps than Hootsuite
Yeah for sure but I wonder what it is. Search #MRPoints and you'll see what I mean. There's a scary number of them.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:51 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to get credit for the retweets option. The Marriott Plus Points site indicates you get credit for: "Retweeting our posts to your Twitter feed each day and tagging it with the #MRpoints hashtag"

How does one tag the retweet with the #MRpoints hashtag? When I hit retweet to a twitter sent by one of the Marriott properties I am following, I don't have any option to add any additional hashtags. How would one do this and get credit for it using the web version of Twitter?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by _NYC
I have been trying to figure out how to get credit for the retweets option. The Marriott Plus Points site indicates you get credit for: "Retweeting our posts to your Twitter feed each day and tagging it with the #MRpoints hashtag"

How does one tag the retweet with the #MRpoints hashtag? When I hit retweet to a twitter sent by one of the Marriott properties I am following, I don't have any option to add any additional hashtags. How would one do this and get credit for it using the web version of Twitter?
I think your best bet is to just do a search on Twitter for #MRpoints. There, you'll see a huge list of tweets. All you have to do is retweet one of them and you're all set!

If you want to do 3 retweets, find one that has the #LoveMarriottRewards, another that has #RenHotels and finally another one that has #AutographHotels

Hopefully that makes things easier!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:12 pm

I think your best bet is to just do a search on Twitter for #MRpoints. There, you'll see a huge list of tweets. All you have to do is retweet one of them and you're all set!

If you want to do 3 retweets, find one that has the #LoveMarriottRewards, another that has #RenHotels and finally another one that has #AutographHotels

Thanks, yes that works, but then you can only do the 3 per day (1 per hashtag) and have to do it 27 days of the month to max out. I was trying to see if there was an easy way to do the "retweet" option with the #MRpoints hashtag added and get credit for the max 4 each day. Then it is less days to max out.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The blog post explaining the automated Hootsuite posts was very helpful. First auto-tweet posted for 25 points an hour ago.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

There's a free version of Hootsuite that I used --- the time invested to replicate the scheduled posts wasn't all that much.

Last edited by dgreen12; Jul 28, 2014 at 2:48 pm Reason: "tweet" not "tweek" --- spelling fixed
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by _NYC
Thanks, yes that works, but then you can only do the 3 per day (1 per hashtag) and have to do it 27 days of the month to max out. I was trying to see if there was an easy way to do the "retweet" option with the #MRpoints hashtag added and get credit for the max 4 each day. Then it is less days to max out.
My walkthrough of setting up automated posting is probably your best bet for some form of automation so you don't have to remember to do that everyday.

Hootsuite is free and after some upfront leg work to schedule your 3 tweets a day, you're off to the races!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
My walkthrough of setting up automated posting is probably your best bet for some form of automation so you don't have to remember to do that everyday.

Hootsuite is free and after some upfront leg work to schedule your 3 tweets a day, you're off to the races!
+1
Old Jul 28, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Yeah for sure but I wonder what it is. Search #MRPoints and you'll see what I mean. There's a scary number of them.
A lot of people don't want to be 'creative' so they just use the programme/app's default message.

There are people retweeting my tweets, although they are not creative/special in any way.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:41 am

Hi,

posting the three tweets works. However, I did not get points for liking a hotel. I did the three tweets and liked the first hotel of the list. Only got 3x 25 the following day. Any ideas on that?

Further, Hootsuite is not free?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.