Cat 1-4 Cert. Expiration Question

Old Apr 21, 2014, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Cat 1-4 Cert. Expiration Question

My cert expires tomorrow, the 22nd. My flight isn't until the 23rd. Is there anyway to book with the cert for tomorrow night and then change the reservation to the 23rd?

Any response will be helpful ^
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Call Marriott Rewards and request an extension. They should give you 6 months from the 22nd.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
I have gotten them extended on more than one occasion. The extension has always been for one year from the date of my call.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by UnaCervezaPorFavor
Call Marriott Rewards and request an extension. They should give you 6 months from the 22nd.
Originally Posted by TommyC80
I have gotten them extended on more than one occasion. The extension has always been for one year from the date of my call.
Thanks guys.
I called in and was grilled by the rewards CSR.
He said the terms state that you must use the card actively and since I've not used the card but once to get the points... He wouldn't be able to issue it.

He then asked me if I was to keep the Rewards card. I told him I was and he let it go through. ^

Sorry my finals are finishing and I'm finally traveling for the summer. lol
Old Apr 24, 2014, 6:59 am
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
I tried to have my certificate extended last year. I saw the anecdotes here on FT of people having success with this. I used the online messaging system rather than calling. I received a negative response. I now believe that I should've called instead, but once I got a "no" I let it go. Perhaps this additional anecdote will help someone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.