Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.3 MM, UA Plt, Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist

I know the airlines have begun to roll out lifetime status. Does Marriott have such a thing as "status" for life. If so - what needs to be done to attain that?

New rules, effective 1/1/2013:
Lifetime status will continue to be awarded on the basis of a combination of points and nights earned by travelers during their memberships.

What will not change is the number of points required to earn lifetime status. That remains as follows:

Silver Elite: 1.2 million points
Gold Elite: 1.6 million points
Platinum Elite: 2 million points
The new number-of-nights hurdles, however, will be considerably lowered, as follows:

Silver Elite: reduced from 600 to 250 nights
Gold Elite: reduced from 800 to 500 nights
Platinum Elite: reduced from 1,000 to 750 nights
Lastly, the current requirement that Rewards members participate in the program for at least 12 years before being eligible for lifetime status will be dropped altogether.

The new rules will take effect on January 1, 2013.

Full details, according to Marriott’s blogger, will be posted online at http://www.MarriottRewards.com/Lifetime, but that page hasn’t yet been activated.

Last edited by bdschobel; Dec 28, 2012 at 7:32 pm Reason: inserted new rules from marriott.com
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:41 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes, Marriott has a very nice lifetime status for all levels including Platinum. A quick search of this forum with the terms "lifetime" and "status" should bring up a number of threads and info on what the requirements are and how to find out how close you are.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Search will get you the details, but here are the numbers:

Marriott Rewards also offers Emeritus / Lifetime Status for members having 12+ years as a member, 600, 800, and 1,000 personal nights, 1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points and 1 earned year at Silver, Gold and Platinum elite level in order to reach Lifetime status in these three categories.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Here's the requirements in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by Marriott Customer Service
Marriott Rewards also offers Emeritus / Lifetime Status for members having 12+ years as a member, 600, 800, and 1,000 personal nights,
1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points and 1 earned year at Silver, Gold and Platinum elite level in order to reach Lifetime status in these three categories.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by happywanderer
Here's the requirements in a nutshell.

Originally Posted by Marriott Customer Service
Marriott Rewards also offers Emeritus / Lifetime Status for members having 12+ years as a member, 600, 800, and 1,000 personal nights,
1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points and 1 earned year at Silver, Gold and Platinum elite level in order to reach Lifetime status in these three categories.
So this means
12+ years
AND
600/800/1000 nights (silver/gold/plat)
AND
1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points
AND
at least one year at the level

So if you have 3M MR points (and 4+ years plat & 12+ years in MR), but only 600 nights you get lifetime silver but not lifetime plat?

Last edited by kazakie; Feb 1, 2008 at 10:06 am
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by kazakie
So this means
12+ years
AND
600/800/1000 nights (silver/gold/plat)
AND
1,500,000, 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 lifetime points
AND
at least one year at the level

So if you have 3M MR points (and 4+ years plat & 12+ years in MR), but only 600 nights you get lifetime silver but not lifetime plat?
That is correct - you need to meet all 3 requirements for a specific level.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:30 am

Silly question, but do they send you a letter or some means of communicating this status? Perhaps it is supposed to say so on the website? I believe I've reached Lifetime Silver as of 1/1/08 but only know it because I called Marriott last summer to check my numbers.

(ps- not to be confused with Platinum Premier.)
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:21 pm

I have not received any "official" notification from Marriott. I reached 12 years with Marriott last year, have more than 1000 nights and 2.9 million points lifetime. So I should have Lifetime (Emeritus) Gold elite status and will get the last 100K points in the next few months for Lifetime Plat.

My lack of notification could be because I am currently a Plat and that "trumps" the Lifetime Gold status. It will be interesting to see if they send me anything in the next few months when I pass 3 million lifetime points.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Originally Posted by hhoope01
It will be interesting to see if they send me anything in the next few months when I pass 3 million lifetime points.
They won't They only grant the lifetime status once a year, based on your status on 12/31 of the previous year. So next year (if you get the points) you should get a Plat. card with lifetime status, but nothing until then.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
what is the definition of earned?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by flyerwife
Silly question, but do they send you a letter or some means of communicating this status?....
When I checked with Marriontt last fall, the CSR told me that I had only a few nights to go to make my 1000 nights for Lifetime qualification (since attained, thank you ), but since I had made Platinum for 2008 by normal qualification it would not show. She went on to say that if/when I drop from the normal qualification the Lifetime status will then kick in.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
It is interesting to hear that they won't do it until you drop from actual platinum status. I remember a CSR telling me that they only update it once at the end of each calendar year.

Earned points are points that you accumulate through paid stays or by winning any awards that yield Marriott points. Marriott keeps a running count of all the points you earned, along with paid nights and years in the program. If you earn miles for a stay, it will not count towards the lifetime point total.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 2:23 am

I could be wrong, but I think welookgood.com's question on the meaning of "earned" was in conjuction with the requirement to "earn elite status" not points.

My thoughts would be that "earned" equals "attained". If in the past, one had attained Platinum status by any means (i.e. 75 nights in a year, Marriott comped them the status, you met a challenge to get that status, etc), then you are eligible to receive Emeritus Platinum status should you meet all other requirements.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Is anyone in the position of enough points but not nights for a level? I just had stay 600 but am only at 1.28M points, even with $220/night full-service stays over the last year, and almost all full-service stays over the last 12 years. The points seem to be the actual limiting factor, unless you stay in a lot of resorts.

Is that a common position to be in?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by CPRich
Is anyone in the position of enough points but not nights for a level? I just had stay 600 but am only at 1.28M points, even with $220/night full-service stays over the last year, and almost all full-service stays over the last 12 years. The points seem to be the actual limiting factor, unless you stay in a lot of resorts.

Is that a common position to be in?
How do you have so few points? Did you never make gold/plat, doing any mega bonus promo, never get their credit cards? After 100 stays I have 500k pts earned lifetime.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.