Wiki Posts
Search

Surprise Gold Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG; WN CP; Kimpton Inner Circle
Surprise Gold Upgrade

I suspect they do lots of this (I searched and didn't see this posted yet), but I saw I had gold when I logged in to Marriott this morning. Sure enough, my email inbox had this:

<<redacted>, we have news you'll love. As part of a select group, we have upgraded you to Gold Elite status for three months. As a Gold Elite member, you'll receive exclusive benefits including a 25% bonus on Marriott Rewards® points, guaranteed lounge access at participating brands, complimentary room upgrades, and free high-speed Internet access.

To enjoy your Gold Elite status longer, stay* six times at a participating Marriott® brand between April 1 and June 30, 2014 and you'll maintain your Gold Elite status through February 2016. We took it upon ourselves to enroll you in this special program, so there's no need for you to lift a finger to enroll. Simply book now and enjoy your Gold Elite benefits.

Sincerely,
Your Marriott Rewards Team
This is handy as I have several one-night trips already planned for 2Q2014. Nice targeted benefit I hope a few others see. Especially as the benefit is through 2016.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
My fiancé got a similar deal. She was not automatically upgraded to Gold like you...but her promo only required four nights for Gold through 2016.

Normally she approaches me with these emails to ask if they are good deals and they are not...but on this one I said hell yeah^
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:08 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had the same offer - too bad I need to wait till April to start my 6 stays, I could have done them this month.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Surprise Gold Upgrade

Yet they wanted 40K points to buy back Platinum? I'm beginning to think the BuyBack is really a tax on the uninformed.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 2:00 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Was this preceded by a snail mail that said "Think you're special? So do we..."

Inside it said "Dear X, you've been good to us; and for that, we think you need special treatment"...goes on to say we're select group who will receive exclusive earning opportunities through 2014...watch for mail and e-mail communications..."

That was the gist, so is it this Gold upgrade opportunity they are talking about?

Haven't received anything (snail or e-mail) since this intro.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG; WN CP; Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Was this preceded by a snail mail that said "Think you're special? So do we..."

Inside it said "Dear X, you've been good to us; and for that, we think you need special treatment"...goes on to say we're select group who will receive exclusive earning opportunities through 2014...watch for mail and e-mail communications..."

That was the gist, so is it this Gold upgrade opportunity they are talking about?

Haven't received anything (snail or e-mail) since this intro.
I didn't get the mailer.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
I got both - snail mail then the 3-month gold upgrade / 6 stays to extend email.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:44 pm

Congratulations, ciba! More information in this giant thread.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:56 pm

I just looked at our account (I say "our" but it's my husband's, same thing ) and it says he's Gold, too! Yesterday he was silver needing 9 more nights for Gold, and today he's gold, with no e-mail or anything announcing it.

So how do I find out how long this will be good for? Until the end of this year? Until the end of 2015?
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I just looked at our account (I say "our" but it's my husband's, same thing ) and it says he's Gold, too! Yesterday he was silver needing 9 more nights for Gold, and today he's gold, with no e-mail or anything announcing it.

So how do I find out how long this will be good for? Until the end of this year? Until the end of 2015?
Check your promotions (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotionCentral.mi) for this particular promo.

It's also possible (though maybe less likely) that you got a late complimentary upgrade to Gold, or some rollover nights.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:51 am

Yes, "Taste of Gold" under promotions. Supposed to make 6 paid stays between April 1 - June 30 or revert back to silver.

We probably won't be able to do that, HOWEVER, we were most certainly going to make Gold by the end of the year, naturally. Will that still be on the same track?

So complimentary Gold until June 30, then back to Silver until we hit Gold in November, then Gold for all of 2015?

Edit: Just called and got my questions answered. Will be as I suspected above, which is fine.

Last edited by Eujeanie; Mar 12, 2014 at 8:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.