Wiki Posts
Search

The end of Euro Pillows

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Glad to hear it, all they do is take up valuable floor space in my room.
That's where I put the other pillows. I like the square pillows. Will miss them.

Cheers.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott LT Gold, IHG Club, Hertz Gold, Aeroplan, Avios, SkyMiles, Thrifty, AMEX
I was at the Château Champlain in Montreal last weekend - the euro pillows were still in place.

I like to sit up in bed, and the euro pillows are great for that - hate having to get a tower of regular, soft pillows to stay behind my back.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: MVCI, MRP
FYI, the Euro pillows are on sale for $20 which isn't a bad price at all compared to Macy's, Beal's, etc. (Compared to the 4-for-a-$1 at the hotel mentioned by the OP maybe not such a good deal, but ew, used pillows for sale? Yuck.) All other Marriott Bed components on sale for MR members, link from email here.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by moman

This is also the end of the bolster pillows.
Is this really true? I loved those pillows.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Gold
Good riddance! The square pillows have been the bane of Mrs. Ruffles's stays at Marriott properties of all types. They're too soft and too small for a King bed, which deserve king-size pillows. If you roll over, your head comes right off a Euro pillow.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Have had 2 stays, including the current one, @ the Knoxville Marriott in the past month & I'm very pleased report Euros are in place-have 3 on my bed, actually ^
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by SueDonJ
(Compared to the 4-for-a-$1 at the hotel mentioned by the OP maybe not such a good deal, but ew, used pillows for sale? Yuck.)
Don't worry, I'm sure they're thoroughly washed, the same way all pillows are washed when a guest checks out.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Does anyone know if they have rescinded this change?

I've stayed a couple more times at the aforementioned airport property, and shazaam EURO pillows were back on the beds.

Every other Marriott I've stayed at this year has had Euro pillows.

Just in case, I purchased 9 for my house over the holiday sale. Here's to hoping they'll keep them in the hotels too.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:10 pm

Marriott changing their pillows???

Just finished a stay at the Cologne MC and they've done away with the large square soft feather pillows. They've replaced them with rectangular ones that are hard and uncomfortable.

Was told by the GM that this is the new MC standard being rolled out slowly worldwide. If that's true I'll either have to bring my own or stay elsewhere (no joke). At a time when all hotels are moving towards pillow menus, could this really be true that MC is doing away with their most comfortable pillow in place of another rock hard like their foam ones...

Anyone else have this experience recently? Was this GM right that it's going to be a worldwide change? Or just lying to cover their a.. by screwing up the pillows ?
Old Jul 1, 2014, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...pillows+square

Cheers.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Thank god hard pillows are on their way!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:03 am

Thanks Sharon. That's insane that they'd stop offering the only pillow comfortable enough to sleep with.... (Although from that link clearly a lot of people like sleeping on cement
Old Jul 2, 2014, 4:05 am

Why does everyone keep referring to those rectangular pillows they offer as "soft"? Does no one actually buy quality goose feather pillows for the own beds? You know, actually SOFT, pillows like the Marriott large square ones? The other ones, their rectangular foam and the new rectangular feather, are like sleeping on rocks...
Old Jul 2, 2014, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I absolutely loathe those soft hunks of crap they call "pillows." Count me as very excited they're getting rid of them. This may actually pull me back to Marriott from Hyatt.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 11:44 am

Hyatt offers a pillow menu so why switch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.