Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard City Center, Munich, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Daily $10 F&B credit for member + 1 as a Platinum Elite welcome gift option (not in addition to it). Can be applied toward breakfast or toward other F&B purchase in the hotel restaurant or bar
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MUCCY
Quick report on brand new property. Just opened over the weekend, checked in last night. One long block south of the City Centre train station, but easy to walk it. Larger rooms (based on my limited Euro knowledge), King-size beds, large bathrooms, bar and restaurant. Decent business hotel. Also, 12.50Euro for internet (versus 20 Euro per-day most places I've stayed).
Overall opinion is good so far. Initial rate of $199E because of Oktoberfest, reduces to $155E afterwards.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Thanks for the heads-up about this new property in Munich. Rates seems high. Post Octoberfest mid-week rates being EUR 269 (AAA rate), but weekend rates are reasonable at EUR110 (AAA rates). Comes in handy when travelling in Bavaria and looking for a place to stay for the weekend.
Like its location being so close to the train station.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 5:20 am

Anyone else stay at this hotel? Is the Munich location good for a first visit? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:18 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
You can priceline the Renissance for pretty cheap most of the time if it's personal travel. Some people on another forum reguarlly get that hotel for $65-75/night! Bid Munich city center north - 4 star. Most people get that hotel or the Marriott Munich for that rate.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
...but neither the Ren nor the full-serv are in the city center... the Courtyard is the first property that's actually located where tourists want to be. Hence the steeper price.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Stayed here a couple weeks ago

Munich City Center Courtyard is a nice property. Like the OP mentioned, it is very close to the train station. The neighborhood is OK, with a nice assortment of restaurants and you are within walking distance of the city center (maybe 8 blocks). Nice Italian restaurant on site, rooms are very nice, friendly staff, and the place was incredibly quiet when I was there (albeit not real busy). I think I paid 89 euros for a weekend special. Only complaint was the usual internet access ripoff that you get everywhere in Europe.
Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:57 am

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. This will be our first visit to Munich. Those Priceline deals sound great. I wish we could take advantage of those. I don't know if I can bid Priceline though as we need a triple and I think they only guarantee that you will have a double. We will have our young teenage son with us so want to all be in the same room. What is there to do in Munich in the evening? We were in Rome last summer and loved being able to go walk around at night and people watch and sit at outdoor cafes and eat and drink (and be merry).

Also, do you have any recommendations for how many nights we should devote to Munich?

Our plans for our 2 week vacation so far are 5 nights Paris and then train to Munich. Munich for several nights and then explore some other areas eventually ending up in FRA to fly home to the USA.

This is our first trip to Germany so I am still trying to figure out what we don't want to miss!!

Thanks again for your kindness in helping us.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 11:52 am

Does anyone who has stayed here remember if they have the strip of outlets over the desk that allow you to plug in American electrical items? I seem to recall having seen them in the Marriott in AMS.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:41 pm

Programs: 7mm DM, FC, Marriott PM (lifetime), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelovingnurse
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. This will be our first visit to Munich.
This is our first trip to Germany so I am still trying to figure out what we don't want to miss!!

Thanks again for your kindness in helping us.
Munich is one of our favorite places to visit! The Ren and Munich Marriott are located close together. We usually stay at one or the other. The subway stop is VERY close and will take you right to City Centre in minutes. We find people in Munich very friendly. Don't miss the Hofbrau Haus, yes it is touristy but regulars are there and it is a lot of fun.
If you stay at the Marriott or Ren they are very near the main highway. I would rent a car and drive to the Bavarian Alps. There is a Ren at Garmisch-Partkenkirchen. This is a beautiful area and is about one hr by car out of Munich. I trip up to the Zugspitze is well worth it. Also in the area is Neuschweinstein (SP?) the inspiration for Cinderella's castle.
I would recommend a couple of days in Munich at a couple or 3 in the Garmisch area.
If you have any question please PM me. We are passionate about this area!
Old Mar 5, 2007, 6:44 pm

Thank you. I will do some research on the hotels recommended. I appreciate the advice. We are very excited to visit. Right now we are planning 4 nights in Munich after being in Paris 5 nights and then 1 night in Rhotenburg, 2 nights in Rhine Valley and then 1 night in Frankfurt airport hotel for early flight home. It sounds wonderful.
Old Mar 6, 2007, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
Originally Posted by emilyp
Does anyone who has stayed here remember if they have the strip of outlets over the desk that allow you to plug in American electrical items? I seem to recall having seen them in the Marriott in AMS.
If I remember, I used a simple adapter plug for EU. I bought at BestBuy.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Some other things to do in Munich

Dachau concentration camp is accessible via the subway... not the happiest place, but worth a visit. It's not too difficult to visit Neuschwanstein Castle. You can take a local train, switch to a bus that will take you right to the castle. Probably easier to rent a car though. The Hacker-Pschorr house (old brewery) is really a nice historical place to eat lunch or dinner, and of course you should also eat at the Ratskeller on the Marienplatz.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oldtirednbusy
Munich is one of our favorite places to visit! The Ren and Munich Marriott are located close together. We usually stay at one or the other. The subway stop is VERY close and will take you right to City Centre in minutes. We find people in Munich very friendly. Don't miss the Hofbrau Haus, yes it is touristy but regulars are there and it is a lot of fun.
If you stay at the Marriott or Ren they are very near the main highway. I would rent a car and drive to the Bavarian Alps. There is a Ren at Garmisch-Partkenkirchen. This is a beautiful area and is about one hr by car out of Munich. I trip up to the Zugspitze is well worth it. Also in the area is Neuschweinstein (SP?) the inspiration for Cinderella's castle.
I would recommend a couple of days in Munich at a couple or 3 in the Garmisch area.
If you have any question please PM me. We are passionate about this area!
How far is the Munich Marriott from the U-bahn?
Old Oct 26, 2007, 2:41 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
Originally Posted by seawolf
How far is the Munich Marriott from the U-bahn?
Just a short 3 min walk to U6 Station "Nordfriedhof"

BTW: If staying at the Munich Marriott or the close by Renaissance one could also think about using the Lufthansa Airport Bus from MUC going to the Munich North Stop which is located next to the already mentioned "U6" station "Nordfriedhof". Fare is 10 € oneway or 16 € return. As you dont have to connect in the city center i would recommed using the bus instead of the "S-Bahn" if arriving/departing MUC Airport and staying at the Marriott or Ren.

More information can be found using
http://www.airportbus-muenchen.de/cm...ome/index.html
Old Oct 26, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by jfulcher
You can priceline the Renissance for pretty cheap most of the time if it's personal travel. Some people on another forum reguarlly get that hotel for $65-75/night! Bid Munich city center north - 4 star. Most people get that hotel or the Marriott Munich for that rate.
I would NOT stay at at the Renn in the summer. I was there in May of this year, and the room was SOOOO hot. They have no A/C in the entire hotel. Too bad the CY wasn't open this past summer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.