Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels

Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
So you can still do everything the way you always have if you'd like, or you have a new option of saving some time if you would like to.

Everything as before, plus more if you want.

Am I missing something that makes this bad?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Aeroflot Bonus, local tram pass
Originally Posted by CPRich
A very short list of hotels participating in the mobile check-in experience, less than one percent of Marriott properties?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta SILVER Medallion; Alaska Mileage Plan; HiltonHHonors GOLD; Starwoods GOLD
Marriott online check-in

I too have searched the Marriott site for online check-in and have found nothing. I'm HiltonHHonors Gold and love the online check-in option. I am very surprised in this day and age they do not have online check-in, especially for their elite Rewards members! Come on Marriott, please add online check-in!!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
They finally added this on their mobile app.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by gk17
They finally added this on their mobile app.
But only for a handful of properties.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by CPRich
So you can still do everything the way you always have if you'd like, or you have a new option of saving some time if you would like to.

Everything as before, plus more if you want.

Nothing that I know of except that it's the same slow app as before.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by georgebaz
A very short list of hotels participating in the mobile check-in experience, less than one percent of Marriott properties?
Any technology has beta/trials/roll outs. If someone expects that every capability is available for every function at every location in v1.0, they'll be sadly disappointed. But I didn't read into OP's post that this was the issue. I'm was trying to figure out the "So much for "is there an upgrade available"" comment. I don't see how/why that has changed with the new option. Unless I'm missing that you're forced to check in on-line and these few properties are getting rid of the ability to check-in in person.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
I still use the good old mobile website. It works great on my (not brand new) phone, so I'm glad they haven't added all these bells and whistles.

Contrast that with the Hotwire mobile site, which I used to use, but no longer works. In fact, it doesn't even work on my desktop with Firefox.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Does online check in (or mobile app) screw up upgrade chances? If so I'll still be doing it the old-fashioned way

Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Does online check in (or mobile app) screw up upgrade chances? If so I'll still be doing it the old-fashioned way

Cheers.
You would think so. Most of my upgrades are rarely preassigned but the result of "begging" at the FD. Even CL rooms don't appear automatically for me as a PP.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by LetsGoToo
But only for a handful of properties.
And you can't do it any earlier than 2 hours prior to arrival.

Online check in may not save a lot of time at the FD, but I do like the feature of choosing a particular room at Hilton properties.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
So what is the benefit of OLCI? 99% of the time, I arrive at the front desk, hand over a credit card, and get my room key in under 2 minutes.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 4:33 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
So what is the benefit of OLCI? 99% of the time, I arrive at the front desk, hand over a credit card, and get my room key in under 2 minutes.
+1.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 5:42 pm

It has been ages since I used Hilton's OLCI. I seem to remember ability to choose a room type as well as some upgrade offers (need to paid $) during process. I was diamond so not sure what features (if any) I was offered that others do not see.

I personally never focus on OLCI. If I remember to utilize it, great. If I was too busy or too lazy to use it, not much difference. I do remember using it if I was coming in very late at night. I personally find the bonus points from Amex for Hilton bookings more useful than OLCI.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I don't get it either. I gotta see someone anyway to get the key. Hell, I usually don't OLCI on flights either. Especially if I have to check a bag. Gotta see someone to get that tagged and checked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.