Community
Wiki Posts
Search

marriott grand chateau

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL - DM MM / UA - PP / LH - SEN / Marriott - AMB-LTT / Avis - PC
I stayed here for 5 nights in May. No issues at all. As a plat, they even upgraded me from the studio to the 1-bedroom.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Red259
I got a stay coming up this week for here. For 98 a night I figure how bad can it be and it keeps me near the strip.
Fair point (well as long as you don't want a check-out later than 10am or move your room ).

Originally Posted by UnderEst
I stayed here for 5 nights in May. No issues at all. As a plat, they even upgraded me from the studio to the 1-bedroom.
Good to know!

Cheers.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I completed my stay here and doubt I will return. I had stayed at the Cosmo the night before and it was way better. I arrived and the lobby is all under renovation and is an eyesore. I go to check-in and the clerk gave me a problem about my drivers license. Apparently she did not recognize the older version of my state's drivers license. She had to go in back and show it to a manager. I have never had this problem before and have never experienced the attitude she gave about it. the fact that she demanded an additional photo id from me (after I provided a valid driver's license) was obnoxious and has never happened to me.

I was booked into a guest room and did not receive any upgrade as a plat (although this is normal for a vacation club but still something to factor in given other Marriott options in the area). the guest room was mediocre and I have had better guest rooms at other rural marriotts. The view was of a parking lot with just a slight view of the strip. To get to the strip you have to walk approximately two blocks past a parking lot. During the day it's not bad but at night it's a bit more isolated. The TV in my room was broken. I called the concierge line multiple times but it just went to voice mail. This was at 7pm. I went downstairs to ask to have my tv fixed and they said they will send someone in 45 minutes. The guy came and apparently my room didn't even have the proper remote for the tv. The tech then had to reset the tv and it took 20-30 mins. He was a nice guy. I went out that night and on my return there was a voice mail for me which was an automated message saying everyone had to be out by 10am and there will be no late checkouts allowed. I felt like a freeloader instead of a guest! I haven't gotten a message like that at any other property. By the way Cosmo gives plats a 2pm checkout! I could hear the construction in the morning but my room wasn't facing it so it did not wake me. They are apparently in the process of switching key cards so the give you room cards and the a second card for the gym etc. it's annoying to have to juggle more than one card. As was mentioned on the boards the parking is valet only. It's annoying because you have to wait for them to bring your car and with mandatory 10am check out you could get stuck waiting a bit, although I only had to wait a few minutes due to a lack of people ahead of me at check out time. My recommendation would be to stay at the Cosmo or if you can't get a good price there use one of the other marriotts and just take a cab to the strip.

Last edited by Red259; Jul 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Sep 8, 2013, 12:33 pm

Just completed a weekend there and had no problems. I would stay here over the Cosmo just because it's much easier to deal with then the Cosmo (and the staff is much less impressed with their importance LOL!) I found the valet at this hotel a lot more efficient then the Cosmo

Checkout wasn't a problem as I had to be at work by 9 on Monday so no laying around anyway, but it's pretty common at vacation club properties that there is no check out. I also wasn't expecting an upgrade (once again folks you need to know the 'game' before you book, it's pretty common that your status won't upgrade you at a vacation club LOL!)

Pool is a little small, but you can bring your own food and drinks (don't try that at the Cosmo!)

Cosmo did give me a great upgrade, but the cost of the room is a lot higher and the "hassle" factor just not worth it for me YMMV!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:41 pm

Has anyone been asked to present their AAA card when booked with the AAA rate?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Grand Chateau proved to be the perfect option for our large group of 9 (8 adults and a 7-year old). I booked a 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom, which included TWO kitchens and TWO sets of washer/dryer.

Everyone in our group was extremely pleased with the choice to stay at GC.

One driver in our large group did not care for the comp valet, and would have preferred to park his own car, but it did not prove to be such a big deal. Valet service was always very quick. We were there during a very busy time, with a full house! I was given 11:00 checkout vs 10:00 as a platinum. Would have loved a 2:00 check out.... but I had to be happy with what I was allowed.

I would stay at GC again in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
I've stayed at the Grand Chateau twice.

First time was with 4 friends during our Route 66 roadtrip. After driving from Chicago, it was VERY nice to have a washingmachine in our room ^. One of our two rooms was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, so we were VERY happy with the room.

Second time was with my family, a group of 6 including 2 pensioners and a toddler. This time we were also upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite, which was very practical with the little one.

The location was great being across the street from the Planet Hollywood, and walking distance to the strip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.