Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Full details and a FAQ are available at www.united.com/rewardsplus and https://fly-united.marriott.com/en_US/ https://mrrewardsplus.com/en_US/details/

From the FAQS:

If I already have Marriott Gold Elite status or higher and MileagePlus Premier Silver status or higher, do I need to register for RewardsPlus?

No. Please note that the website will accept your registration, but your status will not change. You also do not need to register for the enhanced miles and points benefits that will launch in the coming weeks.

Feb 2017 Data Point:

You can expedite a 'pending' upgrade to Silver before March 1st if you need it:

i also lost my UA status Feb 1 and was also pending UA Silver for after 2.28 once my eligibility was confirmed. i called MAR Plat CS and asked about expediting because of an upcoming flight. i called MR Platinum at 11PM. The rep said she couldn't do it, the dept that does it was closed, but that she send a message to them. she didn't know how long it would take them, but thought it would be done within 2 days. 11 hours later, at 10am the next morning, UA Silver status was showing when i logged into my UA acct online.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Identity Platnium (Cosmopolitan), Palladium Card, Hilton Diamond
Thanks all for the input. Do the miles get transferred in directly to the frequent flier account? Does this mean that we can save the miles for a future trip (and not use it for the trip in conjunction with the hotel booked through this method)?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
Originally Posted by CreditRocks
Thanks all for the input. Do the miles get transferred in directly to the frequent flier account? Does this mean that we can save the miles for a future trip (and not use it for the trip in conjunction with the hotel booked through this method)?
That is correct. I've done this a couple of times and ended up using the miles for one trip and the motel certificate on a completely separate trip. The miles post quickly. The motel certificate is supposed to be used within one year but they will extend it for an additional year. Enjoy.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For what's it worth, I still consider the Marriott Travel Package one of the best hotel awards you can get. It has been only minimally devalued over the course of the past 5-10 years, with the United partnership representing a bit of an actual enhancement.

I've redeemed 5 or 6 of them in my Marriott life. The challenge is indeed finding a Marriott non-resort that I want to spend a week in, but I do a suitable trip for that once every 2-3 years. A couple times I've redeemed two TP's at the same time to get two rooms and 240,000 miles.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've redeemed 5 or 6 of them in my Marriott life. The challenge is indeed finding a Marriott non-resort that I want to spend a week in, but I do a suitable trip for that once every 2-3 years. A couple times I've redeemed two TP's at the same time to get two rooms and 240,000 miles.
Why must you find a Marriott non-resort? Is it because of the benefits that are missing or some other reason? TP's can be redeemed even at resorts if desired, correct?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by mclymerne
Sdsearch is correct-- it's just a 7 night certificate for one hotel. They apparently used to let you split it up for two hotes but don't allow that anymore.
At one time they had "Samplers" where you got one 3-night certificate and two 2-night certificates that could be used -- mix or match -- in (e.g.,) European properties. I loved them, and used them a couple of times during vacation trips to Prague, Vienna, and Budapest.

I sure wish they'd bring those back.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:50 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Has there ever been a bonus offered or is there a regularly occurring bonus offered for transferring miles to MR points from UA at a rate better than the standard 1:1?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:12 pm
RNE

The End of RewardsPlus?

I'm Marriott Gold because I'm United Gold, not because I stay at Marriott a lot. Today, I received a postal mail flyer from Marriott. It notes that I have 16 room nights and I need 34 more to "renew Gold." More to the point, my "elite status is on track to expire in February 2015." However, the flyer goes on to say that Marriott has reduced that requirement to just 14 more nights.

Is this come-on something all not-yet-requalified Gold's receive from Marriott—or is it an indication United Golds won't get Marriott Gold in 2015?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Form email. No word on whether United deal will be extended though.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:36 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Form email.
It was a postal mail, not an e-mail. There was more than a negligible cost to design, print and mail it to me. Makes one ponder how common it is to chop a whopping 20 night's off the 50-night requirement? Doesn't that largesse irk the "real" Marriott Golds struggling to re-qualify?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm starting to think "real" Golds are a rare commodity.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm a real Gold. Yes I initially got it through UA but have earned it now with 57 nights so far this year and just started another stay. Should be an earned Platinum before end of year. So will end year with Earned top tier in 2 programs.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:38 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Baze
I'm a real Gold. Yes I initially got it through UA but have earned it now with 57 nights so far this year and just started another stay. Should be an earned Platinum before end of year. So will end year with Earned top tier in 2 programs.
And how do you feel about Marriott waiving 20 nights for Gold?
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RNE
And how do you feel about Marriott waiving 20 nights for Gold?
I really don't care. I have to stay somewhere in all my travels. I am Diamond with Hilton and will be Platinum with Marriott. So still have to get the nights for Platinum so don't care about the waived 20 nights for Gold.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:24 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by RNE
I'm Marriott Gold because I'm United Gold, not because I stay at Marriott a lot. Today, I received a postal mail flyer from Marriott. It notes that I have 16 room nights and I need 34 more to "renew Gold." More to the point, my "elite status is on track to expire in February 2015." However, the flyer goes on to say that Marriott has reduced that requirement to just 14 more nights.
I received the same mailer. I'm at 27 nights this year (don't think that's accurate---might be half that at best, and that would include promotional award nights redeemed), and it says I also need 14 nights instead of 23.

There's no mention of UA in the mailer to indicate the status linked to UA is going away. I have a couple more nights booked this year but not expecting to get up to 14. I'm splitting my stays with two other hotel programs.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
nope. Real gold here ... not using the UA route. 54 nights last year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.