Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2006, 12:10 pm

Programs: US3, WN, UA, AA, CO
Using the address convention in the sticky above, [email protected] should work, or you may want to try [email protected]
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:41 pm
Community Director Emerita

Platinum offer at JW Marriott thru May 31 2007

I just spotted this offer on the Marriott website, good for platinums only. Does anyone know what room rate must be paid to use it?

Enjoy Dubai in style...

with an exclusive stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Dubai

Overnight in the Royal Suite to receive complimentary dedicated 24-hour butler service during your stay and round-trip limousine transfer from anywhere in Dubai.

Immerse yourself in the in-room swimming pool or relax with a complimentary massage for two guests.

Also enjoy the privileges of the Executive Lounge where you can enjoy breakfast, canapes, drinks and light snacks throughout the day.

To take advantage of the offer

*Rooms must be confirmed in advance by calling your Elite Reservation Line
* Please advise agent that you will be using the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer
*Print this page as your certificate and surrender at check-in

1.Offer is only valid in conjunction with a one-night stay.
2.The offer does not apply to any other hotel packages, discounts or promotions.
3.Offer honored once per member.
4.Offer valid through 31 May 2007.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:15 pm

JW is far better

Had stayed both, JW is far better
Old Sep 20, 2006, 7:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just spotted this offer on the Marriott website, good for platinums only. Does anyone know what room rate must be paid to use it?
I just spotted this in the rates for the hotel - and it is breathtakingly expensive!

* 11500.00 (AED) per night

# Elite Exclusive Offer *Royal Suite with swimming pool *2BedroomsComp 24hr butler, Massage for 2,Limo transfer *Subj to 20pct txs

Running that thru oanda, it converts to $3,132 before adding the 20% tax! And yet they limit stays to 1 night. Um - no, don't think so.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I just spotted this in the rates for the hotel - and it is breathtakingly expensive!

* 11500.00 (AED) per night

# Elite Exclusive Offer *Royal Suite with swimming pool *2BedroomsComp 24hr butler, Massage for 2,Limo transfer *Subj to 20pct txs

Running that thru oanda, it converts to $3,132 before adding the 20% tax! And yet they limit stays to 1 night. Um - no, don't think so.
Less expensive than going to Vail, CO in March. During peak ski season Vail Marriot Penthouses (they have 2 of them) each go for $4200 USD plus 9.8% tax it comes to $4611.60 per night and you can book as many nights as you desire. Penthouse: 3 bedrooms, 3 marble bathrooms, mountain views, custom Gourmet kitchen dinning room, 2 fireplaces, washer/dryer, 2,000sqft 3 bed/3 bath 2000 sq ft, Note that it does not come with limo service or massages. And this is at a Cat 6 hotel at that!

That Dubai rate is looking better and better!
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:35 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La

Enjoy Dubai in style...

with an exclusive stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Dubai

Overnight in the Royal Suite to receive complimentary dedicated 24-hour butler service during your stay and round-trip limousine transfer from anywhere in Dubai.

Immerse yourself in the in-room swimming pool or relax with a complimentary massage for two guests.

Also enjoy the privileges of the Executive Lounge where you can enjoy breakfast, canapes, drinks and light snacks throughout the day.

To take advantage of the offer

*Rooms must be confirmed in advance by calling your Elite Reservation Line
* Please advise agent that you will be using the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offer
*Print this page as your certificate and surrender at check-in

1.Offer is only valid in conjunction with a one-night stay.
2.The offer does not apply to any other hotel packages, discounts or promotions.
3.Offer honored once per member.
4.Offer valid through 31 May 2007.
I saw this offer a couple of weeks ago and was confused. It is unclear what they're offering -- that suite comes with lounge access anyway, and practically the "butler" service. I picked a random night on the web site and the room was something like AED 4,500 (about $1,250). Then I called the elite reservations line, and they quoted AED 9,500 for this "package." The reservationist acknowledged that this was a bit expensive for a massage and limo service. (Although I am sure that it's a gorgeous room, and probably the only Marriott room with an in-room swimming pool.) But I'd rather have a standard room at the Burj for $1,000.

By the way, in response to the OP's original question, I agree that the JW is far better. It's probably the best conceirge lounge that I have ever seen in a Marriott, and a solid property overall. Strangely, the rates seem to always be about the same as the Renaissance.
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Blue/IC Royal Ambassador/LeadinghotelsRegular
i have a voucher which can be used at the JW or the Courtyard if anyone is interested.. ive posted on CC but wanted to give everyone the chance... PM me if you are interested!
Old Oct 8, 2006, 2:07 pm

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
Very good useful information. Thanks as I will likely be in Dubai in late Nov/early Dec. Sounds like JW is worth it with a great lounge.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 6:39 pm

JW Dubai Executive Lounge

Has anyone ever used the executive lounge at the JW in Dubai?

What was it like? What did they offer? Is it worth the money to upgrade.

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2007, 8:31 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Oceanbound222
Has anyone ever used the executive lounge at the JW in Dubai?

What was it like? What did they offer? Is it worth the money to upgrade.

Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. I love this executive lounge. At least as of my last stay, it is open 24 hours a day with multiple food services including a midnight supper. The staff are good and the atmosphere is a big cut above most other Marriott lounges.

If you pay for an upgrade I would think you will also get a nicer room. There are many types of rooms in the hotel varying in size and amenities in different sections of the hotel.

If it's not too late, how much extra is the upgrade and how many people are staying?

I'm on my way there tonight and I can say despite taking the 24-hour flight for the second time in a week (ugh), I'm looking forward to staying at the property.

Charles
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:02 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Depends on much extra you'll have to pay, but I have to say that this is one of the better lounges and the service from the team there was very good when I stayed there.

Go for it!

John
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:59 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
There are many posts on this forum about the lounge here. You might search to get more details.

I concur that it is one of the best I have ever seen -- they have a full breakfast and evening food, plus snacks until very late (like 2:00am), free alcohol, and excellent service.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:28 am

I posted a picture of the lounge here in the FT Flyertalk Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ftkuroneko/546263146/

There are also pictures of the Executive Suite I stayed in posted in my photostream if you are interested.

As for comments on the lounge, I would clarify a previous post to add that the free alcohol is available only during the cocktail hours, at the rest of the time it's soft drinks/coffee/tea

They do have a good selection during the "evening supper" (actually more like a selection of appetizers and finger foods) and more-or-less full breakfast including table service and eggs to order. Excellent service. Free wireless access, which draws a lot of people. (paid wired in the room for something like AED 100 for 24 hrs IIRC) Can get crowded during the cocktail/supper times. TVs, magazines, and newspapers are available.

A good lounge, and probably worth what the access fee is, (you dont' mention what the delta would be) but not the BEST I've been in.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
One thing I noticed this week is that during the in-between times, there are no snacks put out (fruit, nuts, cookies, pretzels). You can ask for something to nibble on but you have to know what to ask for. I thought that was weird.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:24 am
okz

Where to stay in Dubai using reward points?

Planning a trip in March to Dubai using reward points, wondering if anyone has any recommendations about Marriott locations you have enjoyed and why. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.