Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Dubai, UAE

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 2:37 pm
LKO

Programs: Marriott platinum
Thanks Sharon for posting the above info on the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai here!

It did occur to me that it was more info than you would use for the sticky, but I thought someone might find it on a search. I'm glad you posted it where it's more likely to be found.

We just returned from Dubai and it was a great hotel. The staff were great! Executive lounge offers nice food & beverage options, but wasn't too crowded.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:51 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LKO
Thanks Sharon for posting the above info on the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai here!

It did occur to me that it was more info than you would use for the sticky, but I thought someone might find it on a search. I'm glad you posted it where it's more likely to be found.

We just returned from Dubai and it was a great hotel. The staff were great! Executive lounge offers nice food & beverage options, but wasn't too crowded.
Just returned and found the JW Marquis hotel severely lacking. Most of the staff were trainees. Elevators were great if you like waiting for 10+ more minutes. Several false alarms of the fire system. No upgrade even though hotel was around 30% occupied. Lounge was nice. Very big.

I prefer the JW in Deira -- much better staff and well seasoned and trained.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by PaulMCO
Just returned and found the JW Marquis hotel severely lacking. Most of the staff were trainees. Elevators were great if you like waiting for 10+ more minutes. Several false alarms of the fire system. No upgrade even though hotel was around 30% occupied. Lounge was nice. Very big.

I prefer the JW in Deira -- much better staff and well seasoned and trained.
So no upgrade...did you ask for one?

When hotels forget to upgrade ahead of time, which is quite often, I always ask at the desk and it usually is good going forward.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From June 27 - September 23, 2014, save 20% off normal room rates on Thursday-Sunday nights (Friday or Saturday required) at 4 Dubai properties.

A limited number of rooms are available for this promotion. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 971-800-62774688 or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: September 23, 2014
Promotional Code: M11

Marriott Executive Apartments Dubai Creek
JW Marriott Hotel Dubai
Courtyard Dubai, Green Community
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai

Terms & Conditions:
Subject to availability at the participating hotels. Discount applies on normal room rates for weekends only (Friday or Saturday required). The discount applies to normal room rates for weekends only. Offer is subject to availability at the participating hotels. Rates and discounts may be applied to one regular room per stay, per member, based on double occupancy on dates listed. A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Rewards member. Rates and discounts not available during special events. Offer not available to groups of 10 or more rooms. Tax is additional and rates may not be combined with any other offer or discount. Room rate does not apply to meeting rooms. Blackout dates may exist and advance reservations are required.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Premier, Emerald Club, United
I stayed at the Marriott Executive Apartments Dubai Creek back in 2011. It was quite nice and in a good location for tourist activities.

One word of note though - when hopping in a cab after exiting DXB, the cab driver had no idea where the hotel was. So I gave him the phone number and he called the front desk; the front desk gave him a landmark and he instantly knew where it was. The landmark turned out to be a 'disco' as the cab driver called it....aka a prostitution club.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I switched my reservation to the Marriott Marquis for September as I found out the GM from the Delhi AeroCity JW is now running this property. He took great care of me in Delhi (I'll miss him on my trip in August) and hoping he'll do the same here!
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GDaoV
Nice hotel. Upgraded to a suite on the 64th floor in Tower A. Tower B is a few months from completion from what I saw. Some previous posts complained about the pool, just go there after 1pm and you'll have plenty of sun. Exec lounge is open 24 hours plus the weekends for breakfast. There are 7-8 restaurants & bars onsite if you are lazy to venture out to JBR. The service is fine as they've had 9-10 months to workout the kinks. The location is at the far end of Business Bay facing the highway or dead construction sites. 5 minutes walk to the rail if that's your means of transportation. Yes, the touchpad room controls is annoying but the bathroom is heavenly.
Did they already have you upgraded or did you ask after you arrived? Just curious
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:25 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by alrvd83
So no upgrade...did you ask for one?

When hotels forget to upgrade ahead of time, which is quite often, I always ask at the desk and it usually is good going forward.
I always ask...(if not offered)..

The JW Dubai Deira has a 30% sale for MR members. Like 525 AED for a normal room. Booked it for a stay in September.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:02 am

I will be staying at the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai Sept 18 for 6 nights in pts. I emailed last week in advance and I received an upgrade already to a room with executive lounge access.

They said for me to get a suite, it would be 350 AED per night + 20% extra. Is this worth it?

Also based on past experience, what are my chances of getting a suite at check in?
I imagine this hotel has several suites but you never know!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by lucycan
I switched my reservation to the Marriott Marquis for September as I found out the GM from the Delhi AeroCity JW is now running this property. He took great care of me in Delhi (I'll miss him on my trip in August) and hoping he'll do the same here!
Do you have the GM's contact info?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by alrvd83
They said for me to get a suite, it would be 350 AED per night + 20% extra. Is this worth it?
The executive suites look amazing on the website. I think I'd pay the price for the upgrade.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:22 pm

JW Marriott Marquis Dubai-Breakfast Benefit?

I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member. Can someone please confirm if the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai provides the free breakfast benefit to me? I am confused by the various brand nuances and exceptions. Thanks
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by manhattan92
I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member. Can someone please confirm if the JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai provides the free breakfast benefit to me? I am confused by the various brand nuances and exceptions. Thanks
You should get the breakfast in the lounge. It's open 7 days. It's very big
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You should get the breakfast in the lounge. It's open 7 days. It's very big
Thanks. Then the answer to my question is that yes, the free breakfast benefit for Golds is available at this property?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by manhattan92
Thanks. Then the answer to my question is that yes, the free breakfast benefit for Golds is available at this property?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.