Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Milwaukee Marriott West or Courtyard Brookfield. Any recent stays or comments?

Old Jul 20, 2005, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum

Upcoming trip to Milwaukee; downtown properties are sold out (there is no downtown Marriott or Ren). Thinking about the Marriott Milwaukee West or Courtyard Brookfield. Any comments or recent stays? They're about the same price; any preferences between them?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by ohmark
Upcoming trip to Milwaukee; downtown properties are sold out (there is no downtown Marriott or Ren). Thinking about the Marriott Milwaukee West or Courtyard Brookfield. Any comments or recent stays? They're about the same price; any preferences between them?
I'm at the CY Brookfield as I write this.

I've been here nearly every week for the last 15 months, on a long term project. The staff is great, the property is well-maintained, and it's convenient to a great number of restaurants and stores. The breakfast selection is above-average, and some rates are inclusive of the buffet. It's also right next to a Bally's, and guests are provided complimentary access.

The Marriott Milwaukee West is a newer property, and from what I've heard is quite nice. However, you'll pay extra for internet access (free at the CY), and it's a bit more remote . . . although it's not particularly hard to get around Milwaukee and its suburbs. Downtown is another matter, with the Marquette Interchange construction.

The CY has been sold out many weeks this summer. Don't know if this is true of the Milwaukee West property.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, let me know.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PorkRind
I'm at the CY Brookfield as I write this.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, let me know.
Thanks. A couple of questions. How far is the Marriott from the Courtyard (I take it they are both off of I-94, and I will have to drive downtown each day)? The website mentions that the CY has been renovated. Do you know if this is one of the new Courtyard renovations mentioned in other threads here? How are the beds? Thanks again.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:41 am

Thanks. A couple of questions. How far is the Marriott from the Courtyard (I take it they are both off of I-94, and I will have to drive downtown each day)? The website mentions that the CY has been renovated. Do you know if this is one of the new Courtyard renovations mentioned in other threads here? How are the beds? Thanks again.
The Marriott is another 5 miles west on I-94. I don't know how the access to 94 is from the Marriott, but it takes about 3 minutes to get down Bluemound and Moorland to 94 from the CY. After 7AM, the traffic into downtown on 94 can be slow.

The renovations have not yet included the new bedding, but that's due 4th quarter of this year. The current beds are quite comfortable, though. The pool was recently relined, and they've got a good-sized jacuzzi. The in-house fitness center includes 2 treadmills, 2 stationary bikes, and a Nautilus-like thingy . . . but Bally's access is included. A fair number of the rooms have small balconies.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks PR. Anybody stayed at the Marriott West?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, NW Plat, Mar Plat HH Diamond
I've stayed there many times. It's a nice property however I would avoid the restaurant. The lounge is nice as well. It's a newer style Marriott.

Patti
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:12 pm
Original Member

I agree with PorkRind, this is a nice area. If you decide on the Courtyard and some days are booked, you could just segue a little further down the road and stay at the TownePlace Suites Brookfield in the interim. (of course you'll only get 5 points per $ there)

I, too, was in the area in Jan & Feb and liked the property. They have a dynamo of a manager...he really helped me out when my Hertzmobile engaged the doorlocks while I was clearing snow off the vehicle...pushing a snow shovel ahead of him to clear the sidewalk as he came over. A real multi-tasker!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 6:18 pm

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Thanks PR. Anybody stayed at the Marriott West?
I actually checked in this afternoon, first visit. It is right on I94, quite new with very nice lobby, bar, etc. One thing I've noticed right away is that there are no restaurants, stores, or anything except office complexes for miles.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dhilpert
I actually checked in this afternoon, first visit. It is right on I94, quite new with very nice lobby, bar, etc. One thing I've noticed right away is that there are no restaurants, stores, or anything except office complexes for miles.
Hi dhilpert; a concierge lounge? Comp breakfast? Any nearby restaurants at all? Thanks.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: Former DL Plat - 1 MM, CO Infinite Plat, MRT PLT
Hi dhilpert; a concierge lounge? Comp breakfast? Any nearby restaurants at all? Thanks.
I only stayed Thursday night so my report's not much. I would rate the concierge lounge about average although the attendant Friday morning was almost painfully bubbly. I didn't look for restaurants, I think you would have to go up or down I94. There might be some in Waukesha but the parts I drove through were pretty dumpy.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks dhilpert.
Old Jul 23, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Hi ohmark, if you're gonna be doing stuff downtown MKE, Marriott West (Waukesha) could be a bit of a drive back and forth, especially during rush hour. Have you considered something closer, like the CYs or Residence Inn in Brown Deer or Glendale?
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by choptliva
Hi ohmark, if you're gonna be doing stuff downtown MKE, Marriott West (Waukesha) could be a bit of a drive back and forth, especially during rush hour. Have you considered something closer, like the CYs or Residence Inn in Brown Deer or Glendale?
Hi Chopt;

I'll be in downtown Milwaukee during the day, till about 5. Then back the next morning for about a 930 start. Seemed like only an additional 5-7 minutes or so further than Brookfield; about a 40 minute drive from downtown?? Milwaukee West also gives me the possible opportunity, if I'm up to it after the work day in Milwaukee, of driving a little farther west to Delafield, to check out some memories of my youth. And also the Red Circle Inn restaurant in Nashotah, which I haven't been to for roughly 45 years.

This stay in the burbs is being necessitated by the sold out hotel situation in downtown Milwaukee next week. Also, to my surprise, the rental cars at Mitchell Field are also virtually sold out.

Last edited by ohmark; Jul 23, 2005 at 5:21 pm
Old Jul 23, 2005, 5:26 pm

Programs: FPC Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, PC Plt Amb
Wonder what's going on in MKE. Maybe another one of those Harley things? I understand what you mean. And the Marriott West sure looks like a nice property. Have a great trip to MKE!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.