Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Old Dec 16, 2004, 7:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DJ
Are any of you aware of a special rate code for use by Fedex Employees? Thanks.
FED
Old Dec 18, 2004, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Counsellor
They could (and some hotels -- not Marriotts -- do) ask to see your official travel orders when you check in. If you have them, it's evidence the trip is official (business); if you don't, well, . . .
But not every branch of the govt issues travel orders.....
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After trying about two dozen codes, I found the best rates for New York City were displayed after using the NPR, CIT or d51 codes.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 4:35 pm

Best rate I have found for Mexico City was $185 with VSA (visa) code vs. $270 best available rate. Will they demand a VISA id when checking in?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 8:18 am

I just tried to use the NPR code and the resrvation states:"LUFTHANSA 50PCT", "CERTIFICATE REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN".

Does anyone here know what kind of certificate they are referring too?

Thank you.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 7:06 am

Does any one have promo codes for Hong Kong in mid-january, and India {Delhi & Mumbai} mid-through end Feburary ?
Old Dec 26, 2004, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
try this one: XML
Old Dec 28, 2004, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by aimela
Best rate I have found for Mexico City was $185 with VSA (visa) code vs. $270 best available rate. Will they demand a VISA id when checking in?
To receive a special discount for a select group you must be able to prove your membership to that select group, in this case if the rate requires you to be a Visa International employee then be prepared to present Visa Intl employee ID
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Lifetime Diamond; BW Lifetime Diamond; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ohmark
Here are the Marriott rules for usage of the government rate:

"We’re honored to welcome government and military personnel as our special guests. Whether you’re traveling across the country or around the world, our 2,600 Marriott hotels offer special rates at or below your US government per diem.

Marriott’s government and military rates are offered to:

• All federal, state, county and local government employees
• All active military personnel

Book now—it’s fast and easy!
Use the search box on the left to enter your destination and travel dates.

Remember to present your government or military ID, or government-issued charge card at check-in."

I see nothing that says the rate is meant for business use only or precludes the usage of the rate for non-business stays. However, the usage of the rate by those that don't qualify is, in my opinion, wrong.
FYI -

You can also get/use the government rate if you are on government related contract and your travel is reimbursed by the government. The agency you are working/contracting for should be willing to issue the appropriate "official" letter.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Anyone know what the lowest rate is for Marriott Marquis in NYC? Need to stay there this Wed and Thu. CIT, and D51 show at $200 for 1st night and $249 for 2nd. NPR shows at $200 for both nights but shows that VIP ID is required so too risky
Old Jan 3, 2005, 2:24 pm

anandrag,

I'm getting $199 for the 1st night and $239 for the 2nd night (as you are) at the Marriott Marquis without using any codes. The codes that usually work in NYC aren't giving any better deals, and frankly, those room rates are pretty good.

If you don't have to be at the Marriott Marquis, the Renaissance across the street is available without using any codes for $199 for both nights.

Don't forget to use a Bonus Buck if you have it....will shave $100 off your room rate.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 3:22 am

Old codes?

I've tried using widely available codes (OTP, OP7, SW8) for different locations sometime next spring, but I don't get any results. Are these code obsolete now?
Old Jan 9, 2005, 10:10 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
What are the best codes for Ritz Carlton Hotels ?
Old Jan 22, 2005, 7:52 pm

The AAA code for the Mexico City Marriott is generally $180. It beats the $189 as posted earlier, but not by much.

Last edited by lesleylane; Jan 22, 2005 at 7:54 pm Reason: wrong info
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Typically, AAA gives 5% off the lowest publicly available rate -- although we have had a debate here as to whether the AAA rate is itself "publicly available."

Bruce

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.