Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone knows special codes for Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Recently booked a knock down rate (33% below corp rate) at a Ritz Carlton using the CIT code. Told them I would be paying with a CIT credit card and was that OK. Confirmed by the hotel that it was !!
Old Oct 2, 2004, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, PC Plat Amb
Marriott UK Web Site has different promo's

Make sure to check www.marriott.co.uk for more (and different) current promo's worldwide.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks flighthopper! I'm looking at hotels for the November London Mileage Run Do & will check out the UK site to see how that compares against what I've found via the US site. Cheers.

Sharon
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:00 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by honu
Quick question about promo code eligiblity. SW8: is it available to any WN FF program member or is it reserved for WN crew? I'm asking because I got two different impressions while trying to book two different hotels (Marriott LAX and a hotel at MSY - don't remember the brand).
Just bumping because I have the same question, and I haven't seen a definitive answer. It gives a great rate at the Marriott PHL, but I'm afraid to book it if I'll be rejected at check-in.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 10:34 pm

Well, now I can answer my own question, at least as far as the two hotels where I used this rate. I had previously signed up for WN RR program, and I carried the card along, but I wasn't asked to show it at either property (Marriott LAX and FI MSY). I was given a very nice room at the LAX property, and an ok one at MSY (rooms at the Fairfield Inn are a bit run down, but the service is nice and the b'fast is decent). In both cases, no questions were asked about the rate. As long as the rules in the reservation screen don't expressly say otherwise, I believe this rate is available to anyone who participate in the Rapid Rewards program. The points for the Marriott LAX have already posted, so I can confirm that this rate is also point-eligible.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 5:43 pm

Use some corporate code, and get good rate. But in the rate confirmation page, get something like this

----------------------------------------------
RateInformation
WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ
FAX TO XXX-XXX-XXXX
I.D. REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN
-----------------------------------------------

Do you think I will get trouble when I check in?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 6:33 pm

For some reason, the phrase about the written authorization and phone number automatically appears on most every Marriott reservation booked online these days. Don't worry about. Just make sure that the corporate code is applicable to you, and that you can prove whatever type of affiliation the code is for (AAA members, company affiliation, etc) in case you are asked.

Last edited by flyerwife; Oct 28, 2004 at 6:41 pm
Old Oct 28, 2004, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by gachen
Use some corporate code, and get good rate. But in the rate confirmation page, get something like this

----------------------------------------------
RateInformation
WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION REQ
FAX TO XXX-XXX-XXXX
I.D. REQUIRED AT CHECK-IN
-----------------------------------------------

Do you think I will get trouble when I check in?
If you don't qualify for the rate then yes
Old Oct 29, 2004, 6:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
Originally Posted by socrates
If you don't qualify for the rate then yes
I have seen this when booking stays in the UK. The one to watch out for is ID Req at check-in. It's 50-50 in my experience.

However, the written authorization w/Fax # is pretty standard on a some discounts and I've never fax'd anything.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:31 pm

I just booked some stays in Toronto & it said the same thing about written authorization/fax blah blah. I called the Platinum line & they had no idea what it meant & said to ignore it, my reservation was fine.

I actually have a stay coming up for a client that has discounted rate at the hotel. Client told me to use their code when booking. That's ok. But fine print says show id on arrival. If I say (and it would be legit) i'm here on their behalf (client) & they told me to use their code, hotel accepts it, that's one thing. But if hotel says no, I'll be royally p*ssed on a Sunday night late trying to find another room (they REALLY have a discount at this hotel, & paying rack rate would not be an option). The corp person says no problem, but fine print says otherwise.

Socrates, Chris - input?

Cheers. Sharon

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 31, 2004 at 7:10 am
Old Nov 1, 2004, 12:07 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I just booked some stays in Toronto & it said the same thing about written authorization/fax blah blah. I called the Platinum line & they had no idea what it meant & said to ignore it, my reservation was fine.

I actually have a stay coming up for a client that has discounted rate at the hotel. Client told me to use their code when booking. That's ok. But fine print says show id on arrival. If I say (and it would be legit) i'm here on their behalf (client) & they told me to use their code, hotel accepts it, that's one thing. But if hotel says no, I'll be royally p*ssed on a Sunday night late trying to find another room (they REALLY have a discount at this hotel, & paying rack rate would not be an option). The corp person says no problem, but fine print says otherwise.

Socrates, Chris - input?

Cheers. Sharon
Sharon,

Contracted rates between a hotel and a specific company require an employee ID to be honored. Therefore, even though a person can book the rate systematically, they would only be entitled to it if they are an employee of said company.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Sharon,

Contracted rates between a hotel and a specific company require an employee ID to be honored. Therefore, even though a person can book the rate systematically, they would only be entitled to it if they are an employee of said company.

Thanks,

Chris
----------------------

What do you expect the Marriott people on the board to say?

Never been asked for a company id. Never been asked for a AAA card.

The PEP (Pepsi) rate's the best. It works in most cities.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 10:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
codes for Ritz

Anyone have any codes that work at Ritz's? or do all marriott ones work there too? I haven't had a lot of luck reducing a rate...

thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 11:11 am

Well, since the client is paying my expenses & does have a discounted rate at the hotel, I'm assuming they told me to use their corp code for 2 reasons: 1) it helps them fulfill their room # obligations to ensure that rate; 2) it means their expense check to me will be less. Why pay extra if they don't need to?

If the hotel does actually ask for id, I'll explain that I'm there on behalf of client & client told me to use their code. If there's a problem I'll pay the rack rate (rather than try to find another hotel at 11:30pm) & let the client sort it out w/ the hotel directly the next morning.

Cheers. Sharon
Old Nov 4, 2004, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well, since the client is paying my expenses & does have a discounted rate at the hotel, I'm assuming they told me to use their corp code for 2 reasons: 1) it helps them fulfill their room # obligations to ensure that rate; 2) it means their expense check to me will be less. Why pay extra if they don't need to?

If the hotel does actually ask for id, I'll explain that I'm there on behalf of client & client told me to use their code. If there's a problem I'll pay the rack rate (rather than try to find another hotel at 11:30pm) & let the client sort it out w/ the hotel directly the next morning.

Cheers. Sharon
I've only been asked once for any company ID to recieve the corp discount. What I did was inform the client the next morning and let them handle it. When I checked out the rate had been corrected. If not, as you said, let the client deal with it. They have that rate for a reason and some sales exec is going to get their butt chewed if it's not corrected by a call from the client.

All said, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Remember, if they screw up it just means more points in your account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.