Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
We would like to inform you that effective July 17, 2014, the hotel will no longer be a partner of the Marriott Rewards Program, however, will continue operating under the name Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires with its remarkable tradition for more than 103 years.

If you have a reservation after July 17th, the reservation and rate will be honored. However, you will not be eligible to earn points under the of the Marriott Rewards Program or to redeem them for future stays.

If you wish to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be not be able to accept these as a method of payment.

In case you need to contact the Hotel direct, please call +5411-4318-3069 or send an e mail to [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Buenos Aires Plaza Hotel (formerly Marriott)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2001, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Buenos Aires Marriott Plaza?

Hello All,
I did a search and nothing came back in the Marriott forum for Buenos Aires. I am surprised no one has stayed there. So I figured I would ask. Maybe something is not working with the search function or maybe it is a sign I should not stay there... Any experiences welcomed. I got a great price on a room there and am trying to decide among the Sheraton on San Martin, Crowne Plaza and Marriott. Thanks all!

[This message has been edited by keithnj973 (edited 02-01-2001).]
Old Feb 2, 2001, 10:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I stayed there in November. Nice property in a good location--close to Florida St. and all of the shops/restaurants. According to people in BA it is considered one of the better hotels in the city. I would stay there again without any question.
Old Feb 2, 2001, 8:28 pm

This is a 90 year old hotel. Very nice people there. Severe danger when using the phone. $4. to connect a call .25 cents per minute using internet or calling card. Walking distance to this hotel on the avenida Florida is the courtyard. Half the price and just$1. to connect online. New hotel except small rooms.
Old Feb 2, 2001, 10:14 pm

I stayed there in 1996 and found it to be a bit rundown but still quite nice. The room was very large. I think they have since remodeled. The location was very convenient and the staff was excellent.
Old Feb 3, 2001, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! Here is my dilemma, I got the Sheraton Towers (San Martin) for $184 a night King Exec room. The Marriott Plaza is $172 a night standard room including breakfast (got this thru AA vacations). These prices do not include tax which is 21% I believe, I took the tax out to make comparing easier. On Marriott website the room is $250! I know the per night difference is not that much, unless you consider breakfast might be worth $20 a day. But I have never been to Buenos Aires and I am not sure which is the better place to stay. I am usually partial to Sheratons but over in the Starwood board, this Sheraton did not get glowing reviews. So again my thanks for your comments and now knowing what I am trying to decide, maybe you can add your opinion. I have a few others choices but they are down on the list - the Gran Colon and Crowne Plaza
Thanks all.
Old Feb 3, 2001, 8:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (thanks to SPG), AA Life Gold, UA Life Gold
I am an SPG Platinum and always prefer the Sheraton. Personally I think both are good hotels and they are only a block apart, with the Marriott a little closer to the "action" on Florida St. Personally, I plan to book at the Sheraton Libertador on my next trip as that location will be closer to my offices and is still in a nice part of town and just a block off of Florida as well. You really won't go wrong at any of these places--the Marriott, as noted above, is quite old and has a historical flavor to it which is nice. The Sheraton Towers is a little newer but also quite nice.
Old Feb 3, 2001, 9:33 pm
Original Member

SNA1K; So if I am stuck with a long convention at the Convention Center of the Sheraton but prefer Marriott and a NEW property, would the Courtyard be a safe and conveient bet?
Old Feb 4, 2001, 12:09 pm

I have stayed at both the Marriott and the Sheraton - the Marriott wins hands down!

The Sheraton is a convention style hotel with little history or charm.

The Marriott Plaza is old - but full of history. The restaurant has one of the best steaks I've ever had in BA... plus a great red wine!

As for a corner room at the Marriott. Has a little more space... Nice big window and most look over the square across the street.

Enjoy!
Old Feb 4, 2001, 12:48 pm

The Courtyard is a small little place, but new and much cheaper especially if you like to be online.
Old Dec 7, 2001, 9:59 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Any opinions on Buenos Aires Marriott

I will be staying at the BA Marriott from 12/18-12/24 with my wife. Anything I need to know about the hotel in terms of nice rooms, floors, etc.
Also, any tips on dining, things to do, etc. in BA?
Old Dec 9, 2001, 4:17 pm

This hotel is very pricey and phone charges are outrages. If cost is an option 100 yards away is a marriott Courtyard that is brand new on a walking shopping street. BA is a town very nice to visit, go to a Tango, go to all the restaurants in puerto madera or just find the Hilton and you will there you can walk there from the Marriott if your a walker. Also visit the ricole district very nice outdoor restaurants, Then there is shopping outdoor bazaar in the market.
Old Dec 9, 2001, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by milesrus:
This hotel is very pricey and phone charges are outrages. If cost is an option 100 yards away is a marriott Courtyard that is brand new on a walking shopping street. BA is a town very nice to visit, go to a Tango, go to all the restaurants in puerto madera or just find the Hilton and you will there you can walk there from the Marriott if your a walker. Also visit the ricole district very nice outdoor restaurants, Then there is shopping outdoor bazaar in the market.</font>
Thanks.
I am using the MR 7013 reward so cost is not an issue, although it is good to know about the phone charges as I'll need to be dialing in.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 7:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Stayed at this location about two years ago on a reward and was very pleased -- great location, spacious room with high ceilings and good view, good breakfast (included at the time), etc.

I expect you'll enjoy it.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 6:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snorkmaster:
Stayed at this location about two years ago on a reward and was very pleased -- great location, spacious room with high ceilings and good view, good breakfast (included at the time), etc.

I expect you'll enjoy it.
</font>
Thanks and welcome to FT!

Any tips on places to do, eat, etc.?
Old Dec 11, 2001, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, US, SPG, MR, HH
Gotta eat a steak -- Cabana Las Lilas is very good, in Puerto Madero

Pasta -- Piegari, in La Recova. I recommend ordering Sorrentinos a la Francesa, and the Ensalada Caprese.

Freddo - Ice cream. Lots of locations, but the one on Av. Junin across from Recoleta cemetary is in a good location.

Lunch while walking around the Recoleta neighborhood -- Bar Posadas at Rodriguez Pena and Posadas is a few blocks from the park, but they have great steak sandwiches and french fries, or a toasted ham & cheese (tostada) that is very good. Other option is to pay a lot of money for bad service and OK food at the outdoor cafe La Biela, at the end of Av. Quintana -- the best location for people watching.

Sunday -- go to the San Telmo street fair at Plaza Dorrego. Any taxi can get you there.

Simple Restaurants near the Marriott -- Broccolino, Esmeralda 776. Good Italian.
Dora, Av. L.N. Alem 1016 -- Seafood, also steaks and roast chicken. Expat managers from the Marriott used to go there instead of their own hotel.
Cafe Florida (Florida and Paraguay) or Cafe Richmond (Florida, between Corrientes and Lavalle) -- good places to meet people and get a cup of coffee and a snack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.