Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2004, 3:17 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
257 is easy for some (no offense intended)... I know plenty of folks with 300+ nights.. As posted, if you're a consultant sometimes the long term rates are cheaper to not check out, even if you are flying away (home or wherever)... I know someone who had the hotel give him one room.. pretty much forever! They even put a plaque on the room calling it the "His Name" suite...
Old Jan 2, 2004, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pitflyer:
257 is easy for some (no offense intended)... I know plenty of folks with 300+ nights.. As posted, if you're a consultant sometimes the long term rates are cheaper to not check out, even if you are flying away (home or wherever)... I know someone who had the hotel give him one room.. pretty much forever! They even put a plaque on the room calling it the "His Name" suite... </font>

At a project about 3 years ago, we negotiated rates where we could have the same room and leave stuff over the weekends for 5 x our corporate rate. I move to a corporate apartment instead, but several folks may have had up to 365 nights.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 4:23 pm

Programs: NW/Plat, Sheraton/Plat, Marriott/Plat, Emerald Exec Elite
ssession---
Gee, I thought I was nuts, staying 187 nights away from home, but 257 to me is crazy!! The 187 nights was at the same Marriott property. I too will be anticipating a letter for any such Platinum Premium level, as this is the fourth year in a row that I am 160+ nights.
Old Jan 3, 2004, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by liveon777:
How about PLUTONIUM?</font>
Nonupgradium
Old Jan 3, 2004, 5:47 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Where was this program in '01 when I stayed 150+ nights?

The sad thing is that I'll probably be close to that in '04.

I better be seeing some tangible benefits of this new level - rarely if ever are upgrades delivered at PLT level.

I hope this new level doesn't result in a loss of perks for PLTs - I will be royally hacked off if it does.
Old Jan 4, 2004, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Don't take this the wrong way, but I wouldn't assume that 187 nights automatically qualifies one for this program (whatever it is). One week in a presidential suite could bring in more revenue to Marriott than all those nights, so if revenue is the only criteria then you'll be out of luck.

Anyone get notified yet that they're one of the chosen few?

------------------
CO plat, UA prem; Marriott plat, Hyatt plat, Hilton gold, Starwood gold, Fairmont gold; Avis select, Hertz 5-star, all the others base level...
Old Jan 5, 2004, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 5, 2004, 7:37 am

socrates - so can you confirm this level does exist OR is this a new level?

What is the criteria for the Platinum Premier Elite - revenue or stays?

Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2004, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 5, 2004, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by empedocles:
So one can only achieve it every 4 years? </font>
I love to brag about this.

I managed ~440 nights in 2002.
Old Jan 5, 2004, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL GM/2.7MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG Lifetime PL,Hilton Gold, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Just Passing Thru:
I love to brag about this.

I managed ~440 nights in 2002.
</font>
Well if that is true you must be a member of the worlds oldest profession! 121% yearly occupancy, not bad!

------------------
former EASTERN ET,AA Gold,US Gold. Current DL PM-MM,Marriott PL, SPG PLT, Hilton Gold

[This message has been edited by MM/PM widget (edited Jan 05, 2004).]
Old Jan 5, 2004, 9:25 pm

In 2002 Marriott had a double night promo for the first 3 months due to Sept 11.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Moving this discussion from the "Unofficial Lurker" thread to consolidate:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
I'm not sure what the exact requirements are, but it is expected that just over 1/3 of current plats will be a pp by December</font>
Dec '03 or '04? I.e. will it be a new level that folks start shooting at this year and qualify for once they hit the target, or are they going to look at the top 1/3 or so from '03 and give them this new level in the near future?

Old Jan 6, 2004, 3:40 pm

Location: Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX AA PlatPro, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Platinum,
For those who have not received the new card, here is the scoop in a nutshell.

Platinum Premiere is by invitation only and is revenue based.

It is a mirror image of the Platinum Concierge Desk at *wood.

It is not a 4th level so to speak, but more of a special services desk - one stop. For all customer service issues, reservations, complaints, compliments, rewards, etc. . .one place to go and that is it!

Think of it like Avis Preferred. There is the Preferred and Preferred Select. The only difference is one is guaranteed an upgrade, and the other does not - but both have the same perks, pickup/dropoff, no line, contract ready, paper in car, autopay with CC, bonus miles, etc.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
After all is said and done, for standard stay benefits, is there truly a benefit to be Platinum Elite member?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.