Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:10 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge

As time goes on, we hope to include additional benefits to this level...

Chris

This is quite possible the most rediculous statement I have ever heard. Benefits are never added, everyone knows they are only taken away.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:30 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Does anyone know how I could contact Chris (Marriott Concierge) on this, as I believe I have more than met the requirements with 190 nights in 2004?

Thanks.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
Does anyone know how I could contact Chris (Marriott Concierge) on this, as I believe I have more than met the requirements with 190 nights in 2004?
He probably gave his contact e-mail in his opening post, and it is also probably his e-mail for his FT profile.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 8:46 pm

Programs: USAirways Gold, Marriott Platnium, Starwood Gold
Please let us know how it goes!

Also, do any 2004 Platnum Premiers have any thoughts, comments on the program as it stands?
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
He probably gave his contact e-mail in his opening post, and it is also probably his e-mail for his FT profile.
Yes, and he does respond ..if it takes a bit it's because he's doing the legwork to make things happen (thanks Chris for taking care of my bonus buck issue earlier!)
Old Jan 5, 2005, 6:56 am

I'm trying to figure out if I am platinum premier or not...

My online statement shows that my Elite Membership Level is "Marriott Rewards". My nights stayed shows 225.... I remember this used to say platinum... Are others who are platinum premier seeing the same thing on their online statement or are platinum members seeing the "Marriott Rewards" level as well?

Thanks.

B
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Blain

My online statement shows that my Elite Membership Level is "Marriott Rewards". My nights stayed shows 225.... I remember this used to say platinum... Are others who are platinum premier seeing the same thing on their online statement or are platinum members seeing the "Marriott Rewards" level as well?

Thanks.

B
Mine still says Platinum and I'm only at 95 YTD, so no PP for me. You may be looking in the middle of processing/updates. Check again in a day or so.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:11 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Could someone possibly look up Chris's email - I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:40 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???

Thanks.
I believe that you must have > 125 nights for two consecutive years. Also, there is an average dollar amount per each night stayed that must be met to qualify for Platinum Premier. The third criteria I think that you must be selected by Marriott Corporate to receive this level.

I am not Platinum Premier so my post might be incorrect. I do have 149 nights in 2003 and 185+ nights in 2004 with the majority of the 2004 stays in a full service Marriott. So, I am interested in any information you discover.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 4:44 pm

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???
Could someone possibly look up Chris's email - I am having trouble finding it.

Thanks.
[email protected]

If you find a post by Chris somewhere in the forum and click on the handle, nickname, or whatever it si called, you can send Chris a private message or email.

Hope this helps
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:46 am

I've got Platinum Premiere and online has always said Platinum. I don't know the qualifications, but I have spent 200+ nights a year for the last 4 years only in Renaissance of Full Service Marriotts.

The real benfits of PP, as I see it are:

Upgrades are pretty frequent. Best one was a suite with two baths, living room, dining room, bed room and a private 400 sq ft balcony.

Call in line is much better. I often have to stay at government rates which are hard to come by. If there are no rooms online, I call the PP line and they will call the managers at each hotel to see if they will honor the rate anyway.

Other than these perks, there really is no difference.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold

My online statement shows that my Elite Membership Level is "Marriott Rewards". B
I just noticed on my last email confirmation that I'm now a PLT Premier. The online statement just shows Platinum.

We will see how it goes as a Premier. Of course I'm one of those loyal Marriott members who was satisfied with the beenies of being just a regular old Platinum.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:08 pm

I guess I didn't get the PP level then.. I show as platinum in the online system but the email I got today was platinum elite but it wasn't a statement update or anything...

It may be my stays. I had a long term project and the client made me use the Residence in for a good chunk of 2004. But I had 220 nights in 2004 and more than 150 (mostly full service or courtyard) in 2003....

The confusion continues.

B
Old Jan 19, 2005, 2:18 pm

Programs: AC - ACMM; LH - SEN
I guess I didn't get the PP level then.. I show as platinum in the online system but the email I got today was platinum elite but it wasn't a statement update or anything...

It may be my stays. I had a long term project and the client made me use the Residence in for a good chunk of 2004. But I had 220 nights in 2004 and more than 150 (mostly full service or courtyard) in 2003....

The confusion continues.

B
Blain,

Don't give up hope yet. My profile on-line shows Platinum, I got the same email today that said I was Platinum-elite and I just made some reservations for a few weeks out and they came back saying I was Platinum-Premiere. You might want to give the platinum line a call and ask them what your status is in the system.

BTW, I had 140 nights in full service Marriotts and Ren's in 2004. So not as many room nights as you but definitely high revenue.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 2:46 pm

Good News:

Today when I made a resrevation on-line via Marriott.com, my status had changed to Platinum Premire (I guess the 190 nights in '04 finally got smeone's attention). I called regular PLT #, and was given a new phone # to call. I was also told to expect a letter, new card and package no later than mid Feb.

I was also told by someone at regular PLT line that only top 3% of Marriott Rewards members are eligible to be considered for this. Has anyone else heard this?

I am very curious as to what the people at the new phone are like (i.e. how empowered are these people) and what (if any) upgrades I might now be looking forward to?

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.