Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Old May 6, 2004, 10:03 am
TUFBEAR

Originally Posted by RobotDoctor
I suppose I am "NOT CUT OUT" to be Marriott PP. I am "NOT CUT OUT" to be UAL UGS either. I just have to face it, I am just a second rate frequent traveler.

Only if you ride the train to concourse "A"!!!

By the way, "Cups-a-Joe" are free for Red Carpet folks near the "TED"
(A) gates! ^ ^ ^ "What more can a man ask for"???

Now "CUT IT OUT", you gotta get a hold of yourself!!!

Last edited by TUFBEAR; May 6, 2004 at 10:15 am

Old May 6, 2004, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TUFBEAR
Only if you ride the train to concourse "A"!!!

By the way, "Cups-a-Joe" are free for Red Carpet folks near the "TED"
(A) gates! ^ ^ ^ "What more can a man ask for"???

Now "CUT IT OUT", you gotta get a hold of yourself!!!

Free Joe?? HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 7, 2004, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question Additional Plat Levels?

I looked at a "Marriott Elite Recognition Chart" last night (or something like that).

It stated that there are the following Plat Levels (I was told this was in order of priority). It also had pictures of all the cards

Platinum 5 Star
Platinum Chairman Owner
Platinum Chairman
Platinum Premier
Platinum Elite
Platinum Lifetime

I'm going from memory so feel free to correct me if I messed up one of the names. I've heard of the Lifetime, Elite, and the new Premier...but have never heard of the other three. I did a search for 5 star and did not come up with anything. Anyone know what these levels are, how they are obtained and what benefits go with them?

Last edited by annerj; May 7, 2004 at 10:12 am Reason: correct some of my spelling
Old May 7, 2004, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
My favorite level was "Unicorn with Platinum Horn".
Old May 7, 2004, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by annerj
I looked at a "Marriott Elite Recognition Chart" last night (or something like that).

It stated that there are the following Plat Levels (I was told this was in order of priority). It also had pictures of all the cards

Platinum 5 Star
Platinum Chairman Owner
Platinum Chairman
Platinum Premier
Platinum Elite
Platinum Lifetime

I'm going from memory so feel free to correct me if I messed up one of the names. I've heard of the Lifetime, Elite, and the new Premier...but have never heard of the other three. I did a search for 5 star and did not come up with anything. Anyone know what these levels are, how they are obtained and what benefits go with them?

5 Star Platinums are members made Platinum by JWM Jr. Personally....it included the founders of the company and the board of directors....I would assume it might include others but the only one I've ever personally seen in all of my years with the company was Mr. G. Grovsenor (sp?) the CEO of the National Geographic Society who was on the board for many years (btw: I was very impressed by him....very nice man)

BTW: I believe there are only: 5 Star Plat, Plat Premier, Life-Time Plat, Plat (but I'll have to double check....my day Club Marquis Black was the highest level)
Old May 9, 2004, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by socrates
BTW: I believe there are only: 5 Star Plat, Plat Premier, Life-Time Plat, Plat (but I'll have to double check....my day Club Marquis Black was the highest level)

There were 2 other plats on their chart (I think they both had chairman in the name...chairman and chairman owner or something)

annerj
Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Million Miler, Hertz President's Circle
Cool Platinum Premier Upgrades

Marriott suprised me this year by awarding me Platinum Premier status. Since then I have not been on the road as much as usual but in my last 9 Marriott and Renaissance stays (not counting CY and RI) I have been upgraded to suites 5 times! The coolest was a two bedroom/two bath suite in the Renaissance Des Moines Savery.

In my previous four years as Platinum I have had room upgrades but NEVER a suite. Maybe this Platinum Premier is really worth something!

Here is my scorecard:

Renaissance, Chicago Downtown - yes
Marriott, Atlanta Norcross - no
Renaissance, Bedford MA - yes
Marriott Sable Oaks, Portland ME - yes
Marriott, Schaumburg IL - no
Renaissance Savery, Des Moines IA - yes
Marriott Eaton Centre, Toronto - no
Marriott City Center, Philadelphia - no
Marriott, San Ramon CA - yes

Posted from an Executive Suite overlooking the Chicago River in the Renaissance Chicago At 1 Wacker Drive. Click to see a picture I took of the view out my window.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Interesting. However, as a plain old run-of-the-mill platinum, I was given the same type of suite you are now enjoying at the wonderful Ren Chicago (Looking at your photo reminds me of the glorious view). Interesting, to me, is something noted in a few other threads here; that is how much more accomodating Rens are for plat upgrades than Marriotts. Your upgrade score is as follow: Ren 3 for 3; Marriott:2 for 6.

Last edited by ohmark; Aug 11, 2004 at 10:08 am
Old Aug 11, 2004, 11:58 am

Smile

What does it take to be a Platinum Premier? I have not seen anything about that.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:19 pm

Programs: 1K (I know, my screen name is outdated), Marriott Plat, *Wood Plat, Five Star, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cross-stitcher
What does it take to be a Platinum Premier? I have not seen anything about that.

Have you done a search? There are a few threads on the subject.
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:35 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by cross-stitcher
cross-stitcher,

Platinum Premier status is the recently added 4th level of elite membership in our program. This level consists of the top percentage of Platinum members.

The requirements to achieve premier status include 125+ nights per year, stay history, tenure as a Platinum member, and dollars spent. Accounts are assessed once a year to determine Premier membership and there is no way to be manually added as such.

Chris
Old Aug 11, 2004, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
cross-stitcher,

Platinum Premier status is the recently added 4th level of elite membership in our program. This level consists of the top percentage of Platinum members.

The requirements to achieve premier status include 125+ nights per year, stay history, tenure as a Platinum member, and dollars spent. Accounts are assessed once a year to determine Premier membership and there is no way to be manually added as such.

Chris
I figure I'm going to be in the running for Premier, until I get to the words "dollars spent". Me thinks I may have booked a few too many lpr, otp, npr, pkf and fal rates to qaulify.
Old Aug 22, 2004, 8:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Plt Prem, CO Plt, AA Gold
Talking Suite upgrades

I am Plt Premier too. I am finding I get suite upgrades about 50% of the time. In the last month I've stayed at the JW Camelback Inn 4 times. Each time I've been upgraded to a suite. My current stay I've been upgraded to a suite with its own private pool. Summer in Arizona has its advantages. This stay I'm on the OTP rate so I get my $100 BB and breakfast, I used my elite coupon for a free night and got a suite that in two weeks will go for $459/nt.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 10:17 pm

Programs: USAirways Gold, Marriott Platnium, Starwood Gold
Happy New Year! Time for a big BUMPeroski on the Platnium Premier Level thread!!

Wondering if any clarifications have been made to the level since Chris posted his reply in May 04...

Originally Posted by Marriott Concierge
Quite a few quesions about the Platinum Premier level-so let's see if I can answer some them.

Plat Premier is our newest level for those members who are in the top percentage of the elite program. We haven't done much advertising for it (since it's new and was offered to a limited number for testing purposes).

The current requirements are 125+ personal paid nights with at least 2 prior years of Platinum level membership.

All accounts will be assessed once a year to determine Premier membership, and our representatives in the various customer service offices are unable to add someone to this top level.

The benefits of Platinum Premier include all existing Platinum benefits and a special phone line dedicated solely to our Premier members. The representatives answering this line have the ability to help with travel plans, make Marriott hotel reservations, as well as maintaining Marriott Rewards account information.

As time goes on, we hope to include additional benefits to this level.

All your suggestions have been noted! I, for one, appreciate your feedback on what our best guests really want in a recognition program.

Chris
Old Jan 4, 2005, 11:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
How ridiculous is Marriott Rewards going to get? Now they want 125 paid nights for a status level that offers nothing much more than regular Platinum, which already offers no upgrades for 75 nights/year? I left Marriott years ago for the likes of HHonors and SPG, both of which require far fewer nights for the equivalent level of status and actually have real perks, upgrades and the like, that they deliver on.

Marriott Rewards needs to cut the nonsense and make the program competitive once again. Get rid of this new level, cut the stay requirements, and provide benefits that members truly desire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.