Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Premier Level, pre-2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by flyer31
I was a platinum in 2014 with about 15 nights stay. I was expecting to be demoted to gold but till date when I log into my Marriott account it still shows me as platinum. I have so far not received any other communication from Marriott.
Should I assume that I am platinum for the current year.
Yes, it would be safe to presume you are being left at Plat for 2015. Was 2014 your first year earning Plat? MR has been known to extend status based on a moving average or company name.

Congrats.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTT AA PLT
I have a general question about PP:

I am a RC member who stay Marriott a lot, have two year in a row >150 nights (100 stay + 50 bonus/roll over/spend,etc), and will definately have over 150 nights again by the end of this year.

Do you have to be a Marriott reward member in stead of RC member, in order to be promoted to PP?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, it would be safe to presume you are being left at Plat for 2015. Was 2014 your first year earning Plat? MR has been known to extend status based on a moving average or company name.

Congrats.
Thanks for your reply, yes 2014 was my first year as platinum.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyer31
I was a platinum in 2014 with about 15 nights stay. I was expecting to be demoted to gold but till date when I log into my Marriott account it still shows me as platinum. I have so far not received any other communication from Marriott.
Should I assume that I am platinum for the current year.
Were you ever Platinum Premier? If so, when and for how long?

Did you have some rollover or credit card nights?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Were you ever Platinum Premier? If so, when and for how long?

Did you have some rollover or credit card nights?
Never been a platinum premier, also do have both the chase marriott card and the chase ritz carlton card.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I was demoted this year. Oh well, not like PP really got me much anyway.

Billy
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
I was demoted this year. Oh well, not like PP really got me much anyway.

Billy
PP gets you designated as X4 on check in. Worldwide. It's a subtle benefit which not all properties know how to apply properly.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Allvest
PP gets you designated as X4 on check in. Worldwide. It's a subtle benefit which not all properties know how to apply properly.
What does X4 mean? What benefit it gets?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mbece
Well that's the magic question this thread attempts to answer- what does Plat Premier get you. IF you read it thru- you'll see, sometimes a lot, sometimes nothing.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Well that's the magic question this thread attempts to answer- what does Plat Premier get you. IF you read it thru- you'll see, sometimes a lot, sometimes nothing.
My experience is most often nothing
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal

I've read through the thread and I'm familiar with PP. However, I didn't realize there were an actual, formal status showing up on reservations.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I've read through the thread and I'm familiar with PP. However, I didn't realize there were an actual, formal status showing up on reservations.
Yes, there is. However, many FDCs don't know what it means. Some PPs have reported being considered less than a Plat! One of the problems that surface with unpublished benefits.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:55 am
Suspended

It designates you at checkin as ViP level which then depends on the individual property how they handle you.

Benefits you might never notice:

Upgraded room even on oversold nights

No arguments when settling little issues on the bill at checkout

The benefit of the doubt on your side of having issues

Additional category of upgrade not available to gold or platinum oe priority of upgrade over regular gold or platinums

Some properties will upgrade your room as far as 30
Days in advance if you are a regular guest and notify the property guest relation team.

Better and more attentive service

In essence, the lots of little things which money (or status) can't buy and you might not even have noticed along the way.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, Marriott AMB/LTT, Hyatt EX, HH Dia, Ntl EEE
Originally Posted by Allvest
It designates you at checkin as ViP level which then depends on the individual property how they handle you.

Benefits you might never notice:

Upgraded room even on oversold nights

No arguments when settling little issues on the bill at checkout

The benefit of the doubt on your side of having issues

Additional category of upgrade not available to gold or platinum oe priority of upgrade over regular gold or platinums

Some properties will upgrade your room as far as 30
Days in advance if you are a regular guest and notify the property guest relation team.

Better and more attentive service

In essence, the lots of little things which money (or status) can't buy and you might not even have noticed along the way.
+1 I never look for upgrades because I travel alone. I don't complain when I get them and I usually thank the FDC when I see them again.

All I ask and expect is to be treated well as a human no matter how I happen to be dressed for travel that day. This is why I use the App to check-in and get through that process quickly.

Just wanted to ad that I was able to get two rooms in Montgomery AL during the 50th anniversary weekend of the Selma march. There were no special rates available nor could I use my corporate rate. I could only get 1 room if I logged in. So I did that at two hotels.

Last edited by Rondelltg; Mar 9, 2015 at 7:27 am Reason: Selma rooms
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
it's just a notification that the guest is a PP, nothing more or less

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.