Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tampa area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Tampa area

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2005, 6:55 pm

TPA airport is literally in the airport 5 minute walk to security, VERY easy. Decent hotel.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Do NOT stay at the Westshore Property! IT IS A DUMP! Stayed there on a reward certificate. Had to move rooms 3 times in one night. Everything seems in disrepair, Staffs attitude sucked. GM was lackluster. Stayed on my wifes certificate (she is not elite).

Filled out a comment card, the return letter was basically a "so what".

CC'ed the letter with a response letter to corporate. They gave me 1000 points...whew we!

The airport hotel (while I haven't stayed there) appears to be better...and is IN the terminal building. CK's (Revolving Roof Restraunt) is awesome! If you don't mind a short ride, the Renn. INternational Plaza is very up class with a mall parking lot view. For a view, the Marriott waterside is gorgeous.

I live here, and was looking for a romantic night away...was horribly disappointed...a total waste of the stay (since my house is 20 mins away). If you have time in town, try out BERN's Steakhouse...one of the world's best dining experiences.

Enjoy!
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:17 pm

I recommend the SHS. New, Clean, High Speed. No club lounge, but a decent property. You know what you are getting here.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Do NOT stay at the Westshore Property! IT IS A DUMP! Stayed there on a reward certificate. Had to move rooms 3 times in one night. Everything seems in disrepair, Staffs attitude sucked.
Could not agree more; place was a dump when I stayed there about a year ago - go with another Marriott.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:25 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
The new Renaissance is actually closer to the airport than the Westshore.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 8:42 pm

The Spring Hill Suites Next Door to the Marriott is very nice...sorry I forgot to mention that! Had two clients staying there. (After I got them out of reservations at Westshore and couldn't get them in Renn or Marr Waterside.)
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
I've Been Pleased with Tampa Airport Marriott

The location just can't be beat for early morning flights. Lobby adjoins terminal. Restaurant at top of hotel has actually been good.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 6:46 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
TPA Marriott is First Rate for an early morning departure

I spent almost 6 months in Tampa and picked the Airport Marriott as my main hotel. I loved the convenience of getting to and from the Airport..... WOW.

PS I did try out the Westshore and agree its a DUMP. I stayed once and couldnt wait to check out.......
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
TPA airport Marriott it is!!!

Thanks all for the input, this one was TPA marriott by a landslide and that is what I selected..

Is the Restaurant that awesome as someone stated?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
follow up

Stayed at the TPA Marriott last night and was pleasantly surprised. Had a room on the 4th floor. Nothing special but I did have a nice view of one of the runways. The lounge was open 6:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. although its not staffed during the day but you can get cold bottled water from the fridge (no soda). The happy hour had an honors bar and some decent hot plates along with the cheese, crackers, peanuts and fruits. The lounge was quite crowded last night. Enjoyed the lobby level bar for a late night drink. The fitness center on the floor below check in was pretty good for a hotel gym. The only problem with parking was its a circle and if you come out the wrong door you have to walk in circles to find your car. Hmmm maybe it was the effect of the bar that sent me in circles. Finally the nicest thing was rolling out of bed and walking down to check in at ticketing, going back up stairs to get my bag and walk to the train to take me to the gates, all done in about ten minutes. Very convenient and worth it. I'd stay again.
Old Apr 27, 2005, 2:29 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Do NOT stay at the Westshore Property! IT IS A DUMP! Stayed there on a reward certificate. Had to move rooms 3 times in one night. Everything seems in disrepair, Staffs attitude sucked.
Had the same experience at this hotel 2 years ago. Even a holiday inn would have been beter. Stains all over the place, curtains that were torn and couldn't be shut propertly, public toilets that smelled, staf that couldn't care at all. Only the breakfast was very nice (food and service).

Wrote a letter to the GM and received a very polite apology with 5000 points and an invitation to return to the hotel during my next visit to the US so that they could proof that they normaly have higher levels of service. Reading the reviews here I'm happy that I stayed elsewhere on my last visit to Tampa
Old Apr 27, 2005, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
Very convenient and worth it. I'd stay again.
Agree wholeheartedly. Did a one nighter points stay in January; in at 7pm for concert, out at 7am back to the left coast. Put us on 6th floor (concierge floor), room 620, facing tower and runways. So convenient and a nice room to boot. Great mileage run hotel if one can get a decent rate. Just walked down to Mr. Chicken at 5am to get better seats, back up to room to collect bags, and off we went. I liked the layout of TPA and that I could just press a button and a cab appears It was strange walking through the deserted airport at 1am (after the concert) to get to the hotel with just a few stranded travelers sleeping in the concourse.

Pat
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Renaissance Tampa or Renaissance Vinoy

Would appreciate comments about your stays/choices between these two properties. Thanks to all.
Old Dec 1, 2005, 4:50 pm

I really enjoy the Ren. Tampa. I've stayed there several times since it opened about a year ago. Some of my favorite things are:

It is attached to International Mall.
Tons of great dining options all right there.
Centrally located to all of Tampa.
Short drive/taxi/shuttle from TPA.
Rooms on the NW side have a great view of the airfield.
Don't forget the olive bar between the front desk and elevators...mmm!!
Old Dec 2, 2005, 1:45 pm

While the Renn. at International Plaza is a nice choice, especially if you enjoy shopping. Views at the hotel are parking lot views.

The St. Petersburg Renn. Vinoy hotel is an incredible historic hotel with gorgeous views, nearby restaraunts (onsite are awesome too). When I have a choice, the vinoy wins hands down. (And its blocks from my house, but my wife and I enjoy it when we need a night away).

Hope this helps! The Vinoy is classified as a resort, so no EEO Certfiicates though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.