Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the San Diego area

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
​​​​​​​This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in the San Diego area

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2004, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
If the Courtyard downtown is available, use it. It is a vintage 1920's building with charm. It is right at Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp.

You said the Marriott downtown isn't available, but I'm not sure if you're referring to the Courtyard downtown. I don't recall a full service Marriott downtown so maybe you are.

My vote always goes to the CY in downtown San Diego because to me, location is everythig.

That being said, if you're driving, you may find Old Town a great option or the Coronado. It's really gorgeous and a pricey hotel. If you've got the points and want a splurge, I would recommend the Coronado. But I think it's a level 6 or 7 so you will have to give up some serious points to book it.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 1:12 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Just stayed at the Coronado Island Marriott. It reminded me of staying in a rather old garden apartment rather than a high end Marriott resort. The place was dismal, the service was not up to par, the rooms are old and dirty. Unfortunately, I haven't stayed anywhere else in San Diego (though I wish I had), so can't offer an alternative. Other than the Marriott, did enjoy Coronado Island, though the nicer part was over by the Del, which seemed like a nice resort hotel.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Exclamation Marriott is offering the San Diego Adventure Package through Aug. 10, 2004

http://www.marriottsandiegoadventure.com/index.html
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
How good of a deal is this? The rates start at $159 for a bayview room with breakfast and free parking - what are that "normal" rates? As far as the attraction discounts, I'm betting you could do as well picking up the local tourist pamphlet and cutting coupons.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyWithoutWings
How good of a deal is this? The rates start at $159 for a bayview room with breakfast and free parking - what are that "normal" rates? As far as the attraction discounts, I'm betting you could do as well picking up the local tourist pamphlet and cutting coupons.

You raise a very good question!

Why don't you do a little research and report back to us, as I am sure that others would be asking the same question!
Old Jul 8, 2004, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver, United Premiere, Hilton Silver, National Execuitve Elite
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
You raise a very good question!

Why don't you do a little research and report back to us, as I am sure that others would be asking the same question!
Not worth my effort as the question was asked merely out of curiousity. I figured you would have a general idea off the top of your head since your post, by its mere presence, seemed to indicate that you felt this was a good deal (i.e., folks don't usually go around here posting and promoting "bad" deals... unless they're looking to complain). $159/night just didn't seem like all that great of a deal to me unless these San Diego properties are really spectacular. Things typically need to get into the double digit range before perking my interest.
Old Jul 8, 2004, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA 'kettle', Marriott Gold, ICH Gld, Hertz 5*
The rate is about the same as the VIP Athletic rate (which is restricted) for a similar room.....

At the Marina Hotel...
SAN DIEGO ADVENTURE PACKAGE * DELUXE BAYVIEW (1 KING OR 2 DBLS) INCLDS BRKFST X 2 * SELF PARKING * 1 IN ROOM MOVIE *W/RESTRICTNS 199.00

I think there are also some $-off coupons included too.

The AAA rate for a similar room is 242.00 just for the room..

Use code D59 when searching.

Was looking at a similar package (D50) at the Monterey Marriott but this one is better...

Searched August 1, 2004 for one night.

Search took about 5 minutes to do comparison

Thanks!

Pat
Old Jul 9, 2004, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by FlyWithoutWings
How good of a deal is this? The rates start at $159 for a bayview room with breakfast and free parking - what are that "normal" rates?
I'm paying $225 a night for a Bayview 7/21-7/26 for the San Diego Comic Con on a convention rate. Regular rates for that weekend run well over $300. I also have an Executive Suite reserved for $400. I don't want to know what it normally goes for.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:13 am

There's a city view rate (AAA) $135 no extras. It's pretty decent for that property.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 4:04 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Having recently stayed at the Coronado "resort" I would caution anyone from booking there at these rates. The hotel is not up to par with other 4 star Marriott properties. I found it to be old and worn. Would not be surprised if this were rebranded soon - it really doesn't deserve the Marriott flag.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 8:20 pm

Question San Diego Marriott Conv. Center

I did a search on the Marriott website and didn't see the downtown San Diego Marriott listed (The one between the convention center and Sea Port Village). Is this property still a Marriott?

Thanks

Jay, aka 1095
Old Sep 7, 2004, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I believe you are referring to the San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina. Essentially right next door to the Conv Ctr but a few blocks down from Seaport Village. Still very much a Marriott AFAIK. I stayed there a year ago and found it lovely - especially since I got a suite upgrade.

http://marriott.com/property/propert...rshaCode=SANDT
Old Sep 7, 2004, 7:34 am

Thanks neighbor,

I think it didn't show up on my search because of non-availability on my requested dates.

Jay, aka 1095
Old Oct 23, 2004, 5:45 pm

Marriott-family hotels in the San Diego area

Hi - will be in SD for a couple nights between 1/27 and 2/1 - most likely 1/27 and 1/28 (Thurs and Fri). Looking for some recommendations on the best Marriott properties in the city - will be visiting a friend who lives close to the piers that are west of the city center, so looking for something reasonably close to there, but otherwise looking for something convenient to attractions AND with nice amenities - would like to surprise my wife with some nice spa services as well, if any of the properties there are known for that as well. Thanks for any recommendations.

Wingsfan
Old Oct 23, 2004, 6:01 pm

Programs: United No Status Anymore, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Blue
where NOT to stay

We stayed at the San Diego Old Town Courtyard - at $161/night (AAA rate), I thought it was way overpriced. It was a very standard Courtyard. I would look elsewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.