Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club, HI [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
On one of our visits it did actually rain (at the JW Marriott in Ko Olina) EVERY DAY. It absolutly poured most of every day and night. No flooding issues. No problems except for the rain itself. I can't imagine they've had that much rain in a single week often. (Every other trip has only had rain at night, if that). Some of the nearby highway flooded, but even that ran off quickly. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
By the way, things are looking better than ever in Hawaii... If you're arriving in the near future, everything is green--including the mountains in back of the Ihilani, so you're in for a treat.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, PC Ammbassador
The place rocks..

Don't ever worry about anyting else. Been there may times. NO matter the weather, just go. Have fun and enjoy.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 7:35 am

Programs: Sadly no longer platinum with anyone. Plain old Delta Skymiles member and Marriott Rewards member
Emailed customer care for concierge info for JW Ko Olina

I emailed them asking for the email address to the concierge at the JW Marriott at Ko Olina. Got the following reply... dumb agent!

Thank you for your reply. We appreciate the opportunity to provide you with information.

Our research indicates we have a Marriott Vacation Club International Ko Olina Beach Club but not a JW Ko Olina Marriott.

We apologize we do not have an email address for the Marriott Vacation Club International Ko Olina Beach Club.

More information regarding this hotel's facilities and services may be found at the webpage below:

www.marriott.com/hnlko

You may wish to contact an associate at the hotel for further details. The contact information for this location is included below:

Marriott Vacation Club International Ko Olina Beach Club
92-161 Waipahe Place
Kapolei Oahu, HI 96707
United States
Phone: 1-808-679-4700
Fax: 1-808-679-4710
Old Apr 11, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: AA-exp, 4MM, MR-plat, Hertz-PC, WN-CP
Try calling it the Ihiliani (JW Ihiliani). BTW, last year for a November stay the concierge at the JW contacted us via email 3-4 weeks prior to our arrival.
Old Apr 11, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Call the hotel at 1-808-679-0079 and ask for the concierge. FWIW, that's what I do.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 3:15 am

No Dogs

It appears that the man-made beaches at Ko Olina are in fact public property.

However, they are very strict about kicking you out if you have a dog.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 5:07 pm

Programs: US dirt (from CP), Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond??, Avis First, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Was there in January and can confirm that the lagoons are open to the public. There's a small public parking area on your left as you're driving up to the hotel's valet area.

The concierge did contact us via email about a week before we left, but I can't find the email for the life of me. A quick look at their website shows that you can use "[email protected]" for information, so I'd imagine you might have good results by trying "[email protected]."

Have a great time!
Old Apr 18, 2006, 7:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by LegalEagle
It appears that the man-made beaches at Ko Olina are in fact public property.

However, they are very strict about kicking you out if you have a dog.
While this may be an interesting bit of information, I'm a little confused as to what it has to do with the subject of this thread?
Old Apr 18, 2006, 9:51 pm

Timeshare deal for Koolina - too good to be true?

My sister (who is elite) rec'd a call about a timeshare offer from Marriott. $648 for 5 nights at the Marriott Ko'olina with taxes included, as well as a rental car. She was a bit suspicious since they called her. I am platinum and never rec'd any such offer from Marriott. Supposedly she has to book by tomorrow and can pick a date in the next 15 months. I'm a bit suspicious also, as this deal seems too good to be true. Has anyone rec'd this offer? Does this seem legit? Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:06 pm

Programs: 1K
I've had similar offers and if you look at the fine print...

There are often daily 'usage fees' or some such language that easily adds another $20 (or more) per day and there are often fees for parking that rental car. I think one I received even made valet parking manditory...

Read the fine print on both sides and know what you're paying for - then decide if you think it's still a bargain.... It's possible that some offers might be, but in my case, I found the little 'extras' added up to no bargain.

Good luck with it - I hope it is a bargain!

DD
Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:18 am

I seem to recall getting a similarly "too good to be true" deal that ended up being PER PERSON.

Have her check that this deal is for two people; and also that it is direct from MVCI. If so, sounds like a great deal. It does sound similar to the pitches I used to get from MVCI.....book immediately with a deposit and then have 15 months to use; change of dates OK.

(The MVCI in Aruba is now offering a deal for 5 nights for around $498 so it seems in line with your Ko Olina deal.)
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Parking is $9 day... much better deal than the JW.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 11:55 am

Programs: Marriott - Titanium, AA - Lifetime Gold
Real deal at Starwood

If anyone wants this same deal....$699 for 5 nights, rental car ($185 credit), and $100 certificate good at hotel....let me know. Westin is offering it for Kauai and Maui. You need to be recommended. PM me and I can recommend you.

You do not need to attend a timeshare presentation but if you do you will get an additional 10,000 starwood starpoints.

Kauai stay is at Princeville resort. Maui is at Westin Maui.

Oh, this price is for the stay...it is not per person. ^ ^
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
It's real if from Marriott

Marriott does these all the time, anyone who is a T/S owner (like myself) recomends "friends" who get this deal to almost any of the Marriott Time Shares.
Most deals do not require you to attend anything, though they will offer you points and/or Marriott dollars to attend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.