Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Los Angeles Airport (LAX), CA

Old May 11, 2004, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Also recommend the RI in El Segundo and second the Marriott Manhattan Beach. Both have reliable airport shuttles.
Old May 11, 2004, 8:43 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Stayed at the Marriott LAX last night

Staff was very friendly, rooms do tend to be small (even on the concierge floor) and even though mine was non-smoking it did have a very "stale" odor.

Two items of note - Monday and Wednesday are build-your-own sundeas in the concierge lounge (not many of those deserts nights left), and I was able to book the SW8 rate at $50 for the night. After booking I called the hotel to confirm the only requirement was a SouthWest Rapid Rewards card and they confirmed it. Well worth the $$

Bruce
Old May 11, 2004, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I liked the Renaissance much better than the Marriott. Its significantly quieter too. The Courtyard used to be another hotel brand years ago. When I stayed in the Courtyard about a year ago, the room layout was still the same. Not the typical browns and greens, and a very different layout. There is a divider in the middle of the room which makes it somewhat of a "junior suite". The property is sound-proofed so you will never know that you are at an airport unless you look out the windows.

I lived in the Marina Del Rey Courtyard for 6 months and loved it. It is everything that a business hotel should be. Within 100 yards of the hotel are several restraunts, a movie theater, a small mall, a Vons grocery store...and a Baja Fresh! Yummy! The staff was excellent and I was even invited to their holiday party.
Old May 12, 2004, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Stayed in the Marriott and Courtyard.

No complaints on the Marriott. I had a balcony room on the top floor that looked over the pool. It was fun to peoplewatch from there.

I like the rooms at the Courtyard - I even got one once that did not have the divider across the room, it was wide open and the closets were built into one of the walls. Unfortunately, the rooms are pretty much the only thing it has going for it. I find the staff there aloof at best, and downright nasty quite often. I've also had billing problems on 3 separate stays.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:44 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I agree on the Ren or the CY. I believe the CY has an onsite restaurant. Acut above your normal CY, but all things considered I vote Ren.
Old May 13, 2004, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by foodguy
I agree on the Ren or the CY. I believe the CY has an onsite restaurant. Acut above your normal CY, but all things considered I vote Ren.
This Courtyard does have the "Courtyard Cafe" thing. Buffet breakfast in the morning, dinner & drinks at night.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 8:56 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Marriott LAX holds outdoor party until 1:30am don't stay here

FYI, Marriott this past Sunday night had a tent party where live bands and a dj played until 1:30am. I was not even staying in the Marriott but was in a nearby hotel where my chest could feel the bass. Can't imagine if I was in the Marriott or Hilton. The decibel level was incredible with no regard for other hotel guests in the area. Nice planning on someone's part

If you value your sleep, might want to check to see if this property is having an outdoor/tent event.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 1:41 pm
Original Member

I'm not complaining, as this never happened to me when I was staying there, but at the Baltimore Waterside Marriott there is a tent where concerts are also held.

It wouldn't hurt to ask about this there as well.

Excellent property, by the way. Great food (think Baltimore crab cakes) and service at their concierge lounge.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:16 am

Programs: Too Many
Renaissance LAX--any good?

Club level rooms any good for a one night layover?
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:28 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...enaissance+lax
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...enaissance+lax
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:32 am

Programs: Too Many
Originally Posted by texex91
Club level rooms any good for a one night layover?
Gracias.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 3:06 pm

LAX-Marriott

Any suggestions where one could buy any liquor to take back to our room??
(That's safe to walk to and back!!)
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
There was a limited selection of liquor and wine available in the gift shop last time we were there. Very over-priced, however. There really isn't much in the immediate vicinity except other hotels and car rental lots.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 12:23 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Lyndihop53
Any suggestions where one could buy any liquor to take back to our room??
(That's safe to walk to and back!!)
This is definitely not an area for walking. Suggest bringing your liquor from home.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:00 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes, go out the front door and take a right on W Century Blvd. Go to the corner and take a right on Airport Blvd. Go to the next corner and take a left on W 98th St. Half way up the block on the right is a convenience store that I believe sells liquor. I don't drink but have walked there for sodas and snacks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.