Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Pattaya, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by cln
the lounge is weak and the worst marriott lounge i have seen in thailand.
For sure it is not the best lounge in Thailand, but it still better than many others in the rest of the world. It could be bigger, at least to avoid over crowding for breakfast you do have the option of the full buffet in the Garden Cafe at no cost. The lounge is open everyday and in the evenings the cocktail hours feature nice snacks and a full bar with waitress service all for no charge. How many Marriotts in the USA do that?

In fact, the lounge and the service from the ladies that work in it are some of the reasons why I like this property.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:31 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
yes, the staff is very nice indeed. And i did not compare it to US lounges ( did not see any yet . I compared it to the lounges in Europe and Asia.
The evening drinks are nice too but that's it. Did you ever see the lounge at Marriott Resort Bangkok ? Compare this one to the one at Pattaya and you will know what i mean.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by cln
yes, the staff is very nice indeed. And i did not compare it to US lounges ( did not see any yet . I compared it to the lounges in Europe and Asia.
The evening drinks are nice too but that's it. Did you ever see the lounge at Marriott Resort Bangkok ? Compare this one to the one at Pattaya and you will know what i mean.
Yes I have been to both the JW in Bangkok and the Resort & Spa and know exactly what you mean. Sadly the Resort & Spa is soon to cease to be a Marriott
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Is the lounge open on the weekends, etc, etc. Please post, and I'll update the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Yes, the lounge is open on weekends and the food is very good.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
+1, but then again we're comparing an old property (I used to go here before it was a Marriott and called Royal Garden some 30-yrs ago) and one which opened only a few years ago. Also, the Marriott close to alot of places to eat/shop, while the Sheraton is really out of town (unless you have a car). Marriott offers a lounge (unusual since it's a resort) while Sheraton doesn't.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Rayong Marriott's opening.....

Originally Posted by SC Alum
Just spent 2 nights at the Marriott Pattaya. Went over to the Sheraton Pattaya and found it much nic
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: *wood & marriott plat, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
+1, but then again we're comparing an old property (I used to go here before it was a Marriott and called Royal Garden some 30-yrs ago) and one which opened only a few years ago. Also, the Marriott close to alot of places to eat/shop, while the Sheraton is really out of town (unless you have a car). Marriott offers a lounge (unusual since it's a resort) while Sheraton doesn't.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Rayong Marriott's opening.....
You've got a point. We did rent a car. The two hotels are not that far apart actually. I thought the lounge was okay, not great. limited amount of food.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 3:54 am
Suspended

Gee, it's pretty cold in Pattaya these days!

Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa
218 M.10 Beach Road Pattaya 20260 Thailand

Phone: 66-38-412120

Modify Reservation Cancel Reservation
Today: Mostly Cloudy
Hi: 47F | 8C
Low: 36F | 2C

10-day forecast
Confirmation number: XXXXXXXXX
Check-in: Friday, December 30, 2011
Check-out: Sunday, January 1, 2012

Please note that changes to this reservation may not be made online. To make changes, call 1-800-399-4229 toll-free in the USA and Canada, or one of our worldwide reservation telephone numbers.

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 16, 2011 at 4:05 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 5:53 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
The weather statistics you report just can't be accurate. It NEVER gets this cold in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand IMHO. What's the source of your reporting? Have another look!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 6:08 am
Suspended

My reservation listed in Marriott.com for the 30th of December with screen shot as follows:

Membership Level: Platinum (72 Elite nights)
Balance:
My Account Overview
Trip Inspirations
DreamRewards Tracker

10-day forecast
Confirmation number:
Room type: Deluxe Premier, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)
Number of rooms: 1

and that's not really as bad as next month at the JW Khao Lak which shows:

JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa
41/12 Moo 3, Khuk Khak Takuapa, Phang Nga 82190 Thailand

Phone: 66-76-584 888

Today: Partly Cloudy
Hi: 22F | -5C
Low: 4F | -15C

SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY ROTTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by maltasr
The weather statistics you report just can't be accurate. It NEVER gets this cold in Pattaya or anywhere else in Thailand IMHO. What's the source of your reporting? Have another look!

Last edited by BKKLEE; Dec 16, 2011 at 6:19 am
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 am

My reservation listed in Marriott.com for the 30th of December with screen shot as follows:

Membership Level: Platinum (72 Elite nights)
Balance:
My Account Overview
Trip Inspirations
DreamRewards Tracker

10-day forecast
Confirmation number:
Room type: Deluxe Premier, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Twin/Single Bed(s)
Number of rooms: 1

and that's not really as bad as next month at the JW Khao Lak which shows:

JW Marriott Khao Lak Resort & Spa
41/12 Moo 3, Khuk Khak Takuapa, Phang Nga 82190 Thailand

Phone: 66-76-584 888

Today: Partly Cloudy
Hi: 22F | -5C
Low: 4F | -15C

SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY ROTTEN HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-5C in Phuket - now I would like to see that!
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:31 am
Suspended

Spent New Years weekend at the Pattaya Marriott.

Don't be misled by the posted weather as it's really not 3 to 13C (39-57F) but 32C/90F as their website is inciorrectly linked to Washington, DC, and not Pattaya, Thailand
Likewise, the location of the hotel is not off Highway 3 next to Big C as shown on their map reference but Beach Road.
One of these days they'll get it right!

If you stay at the hotel, be sure to eat at Benehana's (it's part of the hotel, albeit offsite) on the 4th Floor of the attached mall.............. I would strongly recommend the Japanese scallops as they were large, really-really fresh and salty and well worth the THB990 price...........

Lounge still serves up a mean drink............. new Russian hostess (Olga) knows how to mix up a strong Smirnoff vodka tonic.

BTW, my stay was on points however my stay printout showed Marriott reimburement due of THB1782.39+VAT/nite (under $60 for Cat 4/20,000 points).............

One drawback of the location.............. a really pushy ladyboy contingent plying their wares

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jan 2, 2012 at 3:58 am
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:23 pm

Lounge still serves up a mean drink............. new Russian hostess (Olga) knows how to mix up a strong Smirnoff vodka tonic.
Sounds good, but I think I prefer Thai to Russian hostesses when in Thailand, but then as Pattaya is turning into a mini-Moscow I suppose this was almost inevitable. I'll be back in Pattaya in just over 2 weeks and I'll see if her skills extend to gin and tonics
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by johnaalex
Sounds good, but I think I prefer Thai to Russian hostesses when in Thailand, but then as Pattaya is turning into a mini-Moscow I suppose this was almost inevitable. I'll be back in Pattaya in just over 2 weeks and I'll see if her skills extend to gin and tonics
I was just there Dec 24-26. As a PLAT, I was offered breakfast in the restaurant as well as the lounge. The lounge has simple, cold, continental offerings. The restaurant has a full international buffet. I wonder why the lounge was almost empty at breakfast...
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended

you can order hot food off menu to be delivered in lounge.....

Originally Posted by wxguy
The lounge has simple, cold, continental offerings.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:51 pm
Suspended

unfortunately, it already is.................. (and Samui nearly as bad)

Originally Posted by johnaalex
........Pattaya is turning into a mini-Moscow ............

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jan 1, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.