Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Reps- Where Do They Find These People?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat

-->Tonight I tried to invoke the 48 hr platinium guarantee. Rep said it's 5 days out, you can only do 48 hours out. Kept on trying to explain it means at least 48 hours in advance, not just at 48 hours in advance. I asked for supervisor and she said she was the supervisor.

-->2 weeks ago I asked a rep how far away I am from Lt Gold. They said I don't meet the criteria since I was never gold always platinum. I kept on trying to explain to them that platinum is higher than gold(and should include it) but they didn't understand. They said you actually have to "earn" gold one year for lifetime gold, so if I drop from platinum it would be out of luck.

Maybe it's just me?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
perhaps you should do like another OP and tell them, hey "I'm Diamond".............

Originally Posted by welookgood.com
-->Tonight I tried to invoke the 48 hr platinium guarantee. Rep said it's 5 days out, you can only do 48 hours out. Kept on trying to explain it means at least 48 hours in advance, not just at 48 hours in advance. I asked for supervisor and she said she was the supervisor.

-->2 weeks ago I asked a rep how far away I am from Lt Gold. They said I don't meet the criteria since I was never gold always platinum. I kept on trying to explain to them that platinum is higher than gold(and should include it) but they didn't understand. They said you actually have to "earn" gold one year for lifetime gold, so if I drop from platinum it would be out of luck.

Maybe it's just me?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Hung up on the Plat line for the first time ever tonight. I have a Cat 4 cert from the spring promo and a Cat 5 from my Visa attached to reservations this fall but the Cat 4 was still showing in my account. I called to make sure each res was ok. The first gentleman I spoke to said that the Cat 5 was incorrectly applied to both reservations. I asked him to cancel the one reservation and rebook with the Cat 4. Nope, you have to call MR tomorrow and have them sort it out. I asked why he couldn't cancel the incorrect res and he repeated his answer. I asked if I went online to cancel the one reservation and then call back, again, call MR. Clenched the phone and hung up before I said something I would regret. Called right back and was connected to a guy who sounded way too much like the first guy, hung up again. Waited 3 min and called back. I was connected to a very friendly woman who first incorrectly told me both reservations were correct. I asked her to make sure and she confirmed that there was a problem. Spent about 3 minutes and cleaned it all up. ^

I can't figure out if the first guy didn't know how to fix it or didn't want to, but either way he gets a big

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.