Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Property - Customer Service Goes a Long Way

Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

I'm staying in a particular city 25 days a month when I realized that the allowed budget rate was not available at my chosen Marriott.

I asked the front desk attendant about trying to find a rate that fit my company's budget, and he gave me a business card for the in-house reservation manager. He even threw in free Internet for me. I was happy.

I called the in-house reservation manager... Very fast-talking, but very honest. He found a rate for me and booked it for me. I was happy.

I left a single dollar bill for housekeeping two out of five days I was there. I meant to tip daily, but rolling out of bed for work does not always lend me to clear thinking. I had also taken the $5 Fiji water the night before after a late night of drinking. I returned to my hotel room and there was a handwritten note saying "Thank you" and a bottle of water. I was very happy.

I returned to the hotel for another week's of stay and they gave me a gift bag containing various items and bottles of water. I am not Platinum. I was very happy!

I'm sure these individual properties provide different experiences, but having such good service top to bottom does a heck of a lot to build loyalty.

Just wanted to say kudos!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Your Kudos would go a lot further if you would identify the property and the location!

Regards,

RIP...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.