Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
* 10% discount coupon at Restaurant ZK (57F), Live Kitchen COOKA (19F), LOUNGE PLUS (19F), & BAR PLUS (19F). (received as a Platinum, unknown if given to other elite or all hotel guests)
* The hotel elevators require a swipe below the floor buttons to access the guest floors.
*The club lounge welcomes all children 6am-7:30pm; over the junior high school student are welcome after 7:30pm
*Access information from the hotel including step by step pictures.

Club Lounge
Print Wikipost

Osaka Marriott Miyako Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Old May 18, 2015, 10:50 am

Wow, things are heating up here... will see more reviews before my turn to visit the property. I am still debating suite or no suite... the other site shown there more rooms type than display on Marriot.com ... being Gold... not sure I will get lucky by reserving a basic suite and get upgrade to a bigger suite... wish me good luck guys...

Enjoy the trip everybody.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Titanium
http://www.miyakohotels.ne.jp/osaka-...sh/index.html/

you can send a message from "inquiry" here....
Old May 24, 2015, 6:16 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP, AC
Fantastic stay!

Originally Posted by Top of climb
Brilliant; thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing how your stay goes - please report back
Loved this hotel! Rooms are exactly as pictured. No upgrade but I was very happy with our room (I had booked a superior room) on the 55th floor. Service was great (especially in the lounge), room was new, modern and clean. I miss my heated toilet seat already.

Very convenient as it is connected to the subway and JR station. We had a 5 day JR Kansai pass and took the JR to Nara, Kyoto, Kobe and Hiroshima. You do have to build in some time when leaving since you have to switch elevator banks on the 19th floor but this wasn't a problem for us as we made sure to avoid rush hour since we were there on vacation

Also convenient to both airports - Kansai through the JR and ITM through the Osaka airport bus.

The lounge was fantastic for a Marriott. Almost as good as a JW. Space has high ceilings, table areas and sofas/couches as well. Lounge is open 6 am to midnight. Specifically:
6am to 7am - Continental breakfast (salad, breakfast pastries, smoked salmon, fruit, etc)
7am to 10:30 am - Hot breakfast items are brought out (2 items rotate, the rest are constant; examples include scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, congee, miso soup, made to order omelette bar)
2:30pm to 5pm - afternoon tea (scones brought to your table; tea sandwiches and small desserts are self service)
5:30pm to 7:30pm - appetizers and bar service start; appetizers had a couple of items that rotate, the rest are constant; examples are calamari, shrimp tempura, stewed chicken, pork bone-in with fish sauce, vermicelli salad, salad, etc)
7:30 pm to 9:30pm - open bar

Kids not allowed after 7:30pm. We found the appetizers were more than enough as a light dinner (we usually ate out at lunch so we weren't in the mood for a heavy dinner at night anyway). Wine selection was ok but I really enjoyed the Japanese beer - Kirin and Asashi. I cannot repeat enough what fantastic service we got in the lounge - we were there 6 days so they recognized us by the 2nd day and always seated us at 'our' table. They constantly would ask us if we wanted refills on our coffees at breakfast or our drinks in the evening. They took away empty dishes quickly but were never intrusive. Now, there weren't a lot of people while we were there (lounge was maximum 50% full on the busiest day) so that could be part of it but regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I did take pictures of the lounge and the food offerings in case people were interested but I can't figure out how to upload them. When I click on 'image' it asks me for a URL but I don't host my pics...so if anyone wants to see them, could you let me know where I can find instructions on how to embed?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
Yep, you'll notice that hotel availability is tight on that weekend not just at the Marriott but in other hotels in Osaka and Kyoto due to the holiday - I'm looking at similar dates so I feel your pain.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum
Can someone confirm if this is a non-smoking hotel?
I can only confirm the $$$$rooms are non-smoking according the the website.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
We stayed in the one bedroom suite. Loved it. The only problem is that the couch in the living room was the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have ever sat on. My husband felt the same way. The chair was OK. I actually sat in one of the chairs from the dining table. I do love the bathrooms/toilets in Japan. The toilet in the suite bathroom had a motion sensor. Not sure if that was an "upgraded" toilet feature but in all the hotels I have been in in Japan, that was a first.

Have to agree that the lounge was the best I have ever been in of all the Marriotts I have stayed at. Service staff for wondeful. One evening we got back to the lounge late, after drink service, but the staff still got us our nightcaps
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
More photos of Osaka Marriott Miyako

Agree with the positive reviews.
For those who want to see more pics, I posted a trip report (link below) that has a brief review with pics of Miyako. Post #2.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-sakura-f.html
Old Nov 4, 2015, 1:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Lounge access - cost

Hi,

I will be visiting the property later in Feb/March 2016, I have both paid and reward rooms reserved on different dates.
Since I was not able to find more information I am hoping someone will be able to provide more info

a) I will with 3 persons - sharing a room. For the paid room, the reservation already includes the 3rd person additional charge. However for the reward room, I recently received an email from room reservation of the hotel asking to confirm if the 3rd person is a child or adult. I am suspecting that they want to add a surchage above the points used. Anyone can confirm this?

b) I will have access to the Club lounge - what's the additional charges for the 3rd person or are they lenient about it (I doubt since this is Japan). Am trying to see if I should pay for it or just leave it since she does not drink and we don't plan to eat too much since this is Osaka we are talking about it.

c) what are the chances of getting an upgrade to a suite?

d) are they still giving privileges to visit the observation deck when staying at the hotel?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2015, 2:38 pm

Tax for free stay with points?

Booked 5 nights at Osaka Marriott last month. I found my reservation is 5 nights at 120,000 points per stay. Total for stay (incl. est. taxes) 120,000 points and 29,700.00 (JPY). Do we need to pay taxes for the free nights stay? which is about 6000 JPY per night? Though it's my first time to use points stay at Marriott, I haven't met such cases in Hyatt or SPG hotels.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by rebyang
Booked 5 nights at Osaka Marriott last month. I found my reservation is 5 nights at 120,000 points per stay. Total for stay (incl. est. taxes) 120,000 points and 29,700.00 (JPY). Do we need to pay taxes for the free nights stay? which is about 6000 JPY per night? Though it's my first time to use points stay at Marriott, I haven't met such cases in Hyatt or SPG hotels.
You should not have to pay taxes on a free night
You will love the hotel. We are going back again in April.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 3:43 pm
Suspended

are you choosing a std room or one of the several options upgrading with cash?
if the former, then no charges beyond points but if the later, well you chose an upgraded room that will cost ya.

Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:08 am

My free nights reservation is Superior, Guest room, 1 Queen, City view. The basic room. Does anyone know the upgrade opportunities for Gold Member. Now, I regretted not to use cash for upgrade to a corner room when booked the reservation in September. It's only about 6-7000 JPY per night. Now no rooms available during my stay.

Originally Posted by cruisr
You should not have to pay taxes on a free night
You will love the hotel. We are going back again in April.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 10:10 am
Suspended

if as you state, no rooms are now available for booking then obviously your chances of being upgraded as a G as very slim to none.

My free nights reservation is Superior, Guest room, 1 Queen, City view. The basic room. Does anyone know the upgrade opportunities for Gold Member. Now, I regretted not to use cash for upgrade to a corner room when booked the reservation in September. It's only about 6-7000 JPY per night. Now no rooms available during my stay.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 4:39 pm

This is strange. The hotel is now charging for the second person in the room? I made the reservation and then realized I made the reservation with the default setting of one person in the room. When I changed it to two people the rate jumped up by approx 40.00 USD. Is this something new for Marriott, I do not remember that from last year.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 12:22 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Thumbs up Best Marriott IMHO

Hi,

Stayed at this property for 2 nights after coming up from Hiroshima and before my flight back home.

Location: It attached to the Tennoji station. The lobby is located on the 19th floor, and you will have to take a lift from the station in a separate area within the station. Again another convenient hotel for all forms of public transportation (including the tram/streetcar which is also in front of the hotel). The train to Kansai airport (both rapid and limited express) is from this station.

Check-in: Upon arrival the front desk was rather busy, but the associates were efficient. As an Elite member (Gold and above) you should be able to check in on the Club floor too (38th floor - no key card needed). Check-in was fast and was again given a rundown of the benefits.

Elite Benefits: Access to the Executive lounge. I was upgraded to the highest floor (50th floor I believe - can't remember - but it was the highest floor just below the SkyBar) with a magnificent view of Osaka. Here's a copy of the benefits for Elites here

in my opinion, rather expensive if you have to pay for all the items to bring a guest to the lounge.

Room: as mentioned, I was given a room with the city view. Size was good, although strangely there was not really a space for luggage and not even those foldable luggage rack (the wardrobe was not big enough to place your luggage). Among all my hotels stayed - this had the biggest screen tv with very good categorization of tv channels (I did not have to figure out too much how to get the English channels).

Bathroom: This is with the open concept - so in my case it was showering with a view of the city lights/view. Both shower and bath tub was in the same area. The best was the fully automated toilet seat - you basically don't need to touch anything with your hands (except pressing the buttons when needed ) - how I wish i could get one for my place
Toiletries provided was more than complete - I really can't think of anything else to ask for - everything was covered basically.

Internet: There was again no special code nor login for premium speed - but whatever I had was more than sufficient.

Lounge: The lounge took up nearly the whole floor - it was huge. The spread for both breakfast (I did not ask if I was allowed to use the restaurant) and evening snacks was more than sufficient. Breakfast had a good spread of Asian and western option (if you do go during the 6-7am period - it is real continental options - only cereals and bread/pastries). Other than that - eggs were made to order, Japanese selections, etc.
For evening snack (I would say mini meal time) - lots of different choices - both hot and cold. There was also a small station manned by a chef with western (think of mini burgers) and asian (think of mini bowls of udon noodles) - different items on the 2 nights I was there, but always 1 western and 1 asian option.
The bar option was great - very very complete. During the Bar Hour (until 21.30hr), order service was also provided by the different servers walking around.
Basically this was one of the best lounges that I have been too (even for Japanese standard) even better than some of the RC's lounges that you pay for.

Plat arrival gift - Lots of choices and the quantity given was certainly not stingy. One of the best I have had since a long time.

Staff: Very very friendly staff all around. Everyone greets you when they see you.

Extra: As mentioned by other posters - you do get free tickets to visit the Harukas 300. You can enter from 07.00-07.59 but you can stay until 0830. For me since it was nice, but truthfully - if you are staying on the 50th floor and with the lobby already on the 19th floor - the view from up there is not too much different.

General: What can I saw but wow, wow, wow.. I just love this hotel. Even though it is clearly more expensive compared to the CY, but as an Elite staying at this property it is worth it. From location to service and staff, this place in my opinion is nearly flawless - I will certainly return to this property if I am in the area.

Tip: around 10 mins walk from the hotel (follow the direction of the streetcar) - towards Abeno district, you will come across this place which I understand has won in both 2013 and 2014 the best Ramen noodles. (I don't know what's the place called in English - but I call it the 7 restaurant). It's I believe close to the 3rd stop of the streetcar after taking it from the Tennoji stop. You can ask at the hotel - I came across it accidentally as I noticed people waiting inline already around 10 am (lines are super long during lunch and dinner hours).

Cheers!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.