Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Thoughts on Renaming Forum to "Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Rewards"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
Original Poster

Since the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program is essentially the Marriott program with a different front-end (e.g., same account number), would it be beneficial to expand this forum to include RC? I would certainly benefit from reading members' RC reviews and experiences.

It seems simple and reasonable to me, but my perspective is often in the minority around here.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:52 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You might want to check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ted-title.html thread in the TalkBoard Topics forum.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

I searched before posting but only in this forum.

Based on the posts in other thread, TalkBoard approval is not required to modify the forum name. If that's true, let's do it.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
I'd say it's a fine idea if the name was changed to something like "Marriott Rewards (including Ritz-Carlton)" or "Marriott & Ritz-Carlton Rewards".
Old Jun 25, 2012, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

FWIW, I prefer a joint name rather than appending Ritz-Carlton to the existing title.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I like the idea of having RC in the forum name in some form to remove the ambiguity of whether RC stuff should go here or in the luxury hotel forum.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Talkboard Vice President hat on:

If you have input re: whether the forum name should take place, please post in the Talkboard forum. That's the forum Talkboard members check daily for input. Not all go to individual forums to track discussions.

BTW - Talkboard is usually the entity that decides forum names, forum creation, unless something is so minor or a no-brainer that the Community Director does it.

By coincidence, someone posted this morning in the Talkboard forum the suggestion of an entirely new Ritz Carlton forum. So obviously that could impact what is being suggested here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18819748-post1.html

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Jun 26, 2012 at 10:36 am Reason: add link to post re: separate RC forum
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
BTW - Talkboard is usually the entity that decides forum names, forum creation, unless something is so minor or a no-brainer that the Community Director does it.
Personally, I think this should be right up the Talkboard alley. But as noted in the thread I linked, there seems to be some confusion as to whether name changes should go before the Talkboard or through the forum's moderator and then directly to the Community Director.

It might be worth the Talkboard hashing out with the Community Director just what the correct protocol is. (And then letting us know of course. )
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Personally, I think this should be right up the Talkboard alley. But as noted in the thread you linked, there seems to be some confusion as to whether name changes should go before the Talkboard or through the forum's moderator and then directly to the Community Director.

It might be worth the Talkboard hashing out with the Community Director just what the correct protocol is. (And then letting us know of course. )
Most of the time it's TB that votes on it. If you go back & look at TB voting decisions in the past (available in the TB forum), 99% of the time it's TB, even a few that were no-brainers.

Given some want to change the current forum name & one actually wants to create a separate Ritz forum, I'm going to say this will probably fall under TB vs. the Community Director.

Of course eliminating the 's' in Emirates airline(s) was minor enough the CD decided to go ahead & make the change

So again, if people have input on both Ritz Carlton becoming a separate forum, or input on adding Ritz to Marriott forum name, or both, my recommendation is to post in TB forum in the pertinent threads.

You can post here of course & I'll keep an eye on this thread, but TB members usually check TB daily & not necessarily individual forums.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

My hope is that we don't talk(board) this thing to death. I look forward to a quick decision by whomever.

FWIW, creating a separate RC forum seems like overkill, considering how few RC posts have been made in the existing hotel forums (fora).
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by dayone
FWIW, creating a separate RC forum seems like overkill, considering how few RC posts have been made in the existing hotel forums (fora).
TB VP Hat On:

Then I suggest you post that in the RC forum thread in TB forum. Since it's been brought up for TB's consideration (ie, a new forum), TB members will be reading input on that suggestion in that thread for pros/cons. The Community Director usually follows threads in TB pretty regularly as well.

Regular FT Hat On:

I don't have a problem w/ a change to the Marriott forum title, or an expansion of what it includes, which I posted previously in the Marriott title change thread in TB when it was brought up 6 weeks ago. A couple of the suggestions worked for me.

However, neither the thread in TB forum or this one has gotten a lot of response, which indicates either most don't care about the subject & think it's fine as is, or the new suggestion is fine as well. Of course w/o posting no one really knows which is accurate.

Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 pm

The words “Marriott” and “Rewards” being next to each other (as opposed to “Marriott & Ritz-Carlton Rewards”) would help with external searches.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 3:33 pm

Bumping this up, as there are still 2 things for consideration in TB.

Interestingly enough, not a lot of input in this forum or on the public TB forum, which makes me wonder if everyone is ok w/ the status quo.

One is to rename the forum to include Ritz, ala Marriott Rewards & Ritz Carlton Rewards (or something like that).

Another is to create a separate Ritz Carlton forum.

Thoughts on either? If so, it would help TB if you'd post in the TB threads which I linked to earlier in this thread.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 12:24 am

Programs: HH Silver
I'd would make far more sense IMHO to effect a forum name change than create a wholly separate RC forum that would see a natural duplication on some topics with the MR forum.

That is merely MHO as input was sought.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 9:03 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Interestingly enough, not a lot of input in this forum or on the public TB forum, which makes me wonder if everyone is ok w/ the status quo.
Good point. For me, I'm just apathetic. It doesn't matter one way or the other to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.