Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Concierge Lounge; Free drinks or honor bar?

Old Dec 12, 2002, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum

Is there one set policy, or hotel by hotel, as to free drinks, charging, or honor bar at the various Marriott and Renaissance locations? It seems to vary by location. What is your experience? If it's honor bar, do they expect you to pay for your drinks, or is that just because of local liquor regulations?
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:04 pm

Are you talking about the "honor bars" in the concierge lounges themselves, or those in the concierge-level rooms?

The lounges that I've been in (Europe / US) have been fairly consistent in offering complimentary liquor.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
I'm referring to the lounges. For example, during recent stay At Baltimore Waterfront Marriott, lounge had honor bar slips which supposedly were to be filled out upon having beer, wine, or other alcohol. I didn't notice anybody filling them out. During prior stay at same hotel, drinks were available without charge. During stay at Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale, glasses of wine were $6.00 and paid for on the spot or charged to the room. Yet at certain other locations, there was no charge. Seems curious.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 12:13 pm

It seems to vary by location, but I'm not sure that it's because of local liquor laws (although it could be sometimes).

Example, I just finished staying at the Budapest Marriott. (Beautiful hotel, by the way; all rooms with a view of the Danube with the lighted palace and chain bridge, and a great concierge/executive lounge). All "adult" beverages, even beer and wine, were honor bar.

However, on a prior occasion in Budapest I had stayed at the Hyatt, and the beer and wine in their "executive lounge" were complimentary. Also, one of our group (this last week) stayed at the Intercontinental right up the street from the Marriott, and reported that all adult beverages were complimentary at the "happy hour" there. So - three top-line hotels, all in the same city (all within a few blocks of each other), three different rules on free drinks.

Other places: Marriott at Stuttgart (Sindelfingen) beer and wine are complimentary; Marriott (Hotel) at Crystal City was an "honor bar".
Old Dec 13, 2002, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Counsellor:
It seems to vary by location, but I'm not sure that it's because of local liquor laws (although it could be sometimes).

Example, I just finished staying at the Budapest Marriott. (Beautiful hotel, by the way; all rooms with a view of the Danube with the lighted palace and chain bridge, and a great concierge/executive lounge). All "adult" beverages, even beer and wine, were honor bar.

However, on a prior occasion in Budapest I had stayed at the Hyatt, and the beer and wine in their "executive lounge" were complimentary. Also, one of our group (this last week) stayed at the Intercontinental right up the street from the Marriott, and reported that all adult beverages were complimentary at the "happy hour" there. So - three top-line hotels, all in the same city (all within a few blocks of each other), three different rules on free drinks.

Other places: Marriott at Stuttgart (Sindelfingen) beer and wine are complimentary; Marriott (Hotel) at Crystal City was an "honor bar".
</font>
The offical policy for full service Marriott & Renaissance hotels is an "Honor Bar" in the concierge/club lounge - but it will vary by country given the expectations in the market place.

At Ritz-Carlton the bar is included in the price of the Club Level Room

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.