Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't use free night cert even when booking with points is available?

Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP; HH Diamond; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; National EE

I'm plat with Marriott but not that familiar with the rules and nuances of booking reward nights, and can't seem to find this issue discussed when searching the forum.

I'm trying to use the last of my free night certs from the spring megabonus at a domestic category 3 Renaissance property on Labor Day weekend. The property shows availability not only of reward nights, but at a pointsaver level of 10K for basically now through about mid-September.

When I select to use points for my preferred night or actually any night while the pointsaver level is available, my remaining cert does not show up on the last booking page to select in lieu of the points. However it does appear when I select a night later in September where the normal points level of 15K is applicable.

Anyone have any insight on this? It obviously seems linked somehow to the pointsaver availability, but I have to assume it's a glitch since the property is allowing reward stays.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by mwk190
I'm plat with Marriott but not that familiar with the rules and nuances of booking reward nights, and can't seem to find this issue discussed when searching the forum.

I'm trying to use the last of my free night certs from the spring megabonus at a domestic category 3 Renaissance property on Labor Day weekend. The property shows availability not only of reward nights, but at a pointsaver level of 10K for basically now through about mid-September.

When I select to use points for my preferred night or actually any night while the pointsaver level is available, my remaining cert does not show up on the last booking page to select in lieu of the points. However it does appear when I select a night later in September where the normal points level of 15K is applicable.

Anyone have any insight on this? It obviously seems linked somehow to the pointsaver availability, but I have to assume it's a glitch since the property is allowing reward stays.

sounds like an IT issue. so, it may take care of the issue by just calling to make the reservation and having them to attach the cert.

if you make it online with points, just call to see if they can change it for you.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, RC/Marriot Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
I've had this happen before. If you call up the elite line they've always set things right for me in the past.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:34 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I just did a reservation using a cert and it worked fine. Try again and if it still doesn't show up on the last page call the Plat line.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.