Community
Wiki Posts
Search

marriott santa clara, ca

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by sfpaul900
The San Mateo Marriott is very nice. They took an old motor hotel (looked like a castle), stripped it back to the skeleton and built a new hotel. The only problem is that going anywhere on the Bayshore Freeway towards San Jose can take a long time. If I had morning business in San Jose, I'd stay at the Santa Clara Marriott so I could sleep in an extra hour rather than fight the traffic.
This is also the hotel that whoever plays the Raiders stays at, as well as the Stanford football team on home games - meaning that during those times golds and up probably wont get upgraded
Old Apr 13, 2009, 7:23 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Isn't this the hotel that is very close to the Great American Amusement Park (or something like that?) If so, I remember staying there a few times (quite a few years ago though) back when I still lived in the Detroit area.

With the flight I took, I would get to the hotel around 10:00am. The GM there, used to give me a free ticket to the amusement park to keep me occupied when my room wasn't ready yet (which it ususally wasn't.) This was probably more than 10 years ago though, and I have to admit that I don't even remember the CL or what room upgrades (if any) I received.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:00 am

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LAXGreg
I have moved my business elsewhere due to CL downgrades.
Huh? This is one is one of the better lounges in the [U.S.] system. It provides real food in the evenings, has a good bar, snacks and great & friendly attendants. It's great that it's open till 10 P.M.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 6:55 pm

I spent months at this property - the top floor corner rooms were the best. Great buffet breakfast on the weekends, compliments of the house, and the CL was alright. The bar was really good and always something going on.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Have they restored the real food? I tried three times in late November/early December and the lounge was a shadow of it's former self.

Thanks,
Greg
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:22 pm

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Any receipt stays at this property? Has the CL food offerings improved recently?

Any other recommendations on where to stay in the area?

My team will be out there next week for work at Moffett Field.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OU812
Any receipt stays at this property? Has the CL food offerings improved recently?
Improved? See my post #18. However, this might have changed since I was there March/April/May.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by heffa
Improved? See my post #18. However, this might have changed since I was there March/April/May.
That's why I was aksing. I have noticed some improvements in the lounge offerings at some FS Marriotts while others I have stayed at during Oct. & Nov continue the downward trend. Just trying to gather recent experiences as I am trying to convert some younger co-workers to Marriott loyalists.

Then again, a lot of CL are closed in Dec. due to low occupancy, so maybe I should just be happy if the lounge is open.

Regards,

RIP...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:06 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I am considering staying here in Sept for 3 nights

I am a silver and have had no problem getting Concierge access at other Marriotts in California. What is my chance here? Also how is the breakfast in the morning in the lounge?

Also are there balconys to sit outside. It apears like there is by the pictures?

Any info on this hotel is appreciated

Last edited by sanFF; Jun 24, 2010 at 6:09 pm
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:10 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
Lets try this again

Any body have experience at this property?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 5:14 pm

Booked a three night stay with points

Seems you cannot book a CL room but I did request one in the reservaion. As a Silver what are my chances? I requested South Tower.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by sanFF
Any body have experience at this property?
I was there about 2 weeks ago. I found it to be a nice property. I was only able to get to the CL one evening, but they had "real food" (meatballs with brown gravy and pasta), plus the usual veggies, cheese, and a pretty good fresh salsa and guacamole. But the best part is that the CL is open 24 hours a day during the week...great for late night sodas! And speaking of which, they had Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper in addition to the usual Pepsi product assortment. If you like coffee, they had several varieties available, plus flavored syrups. Overall I highly recommend the property, including the lounge.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by scottmlew
I was there about 2 weeks ago. I found it to be a nice property. I was only able to get to the CL one evening, but they had "real food" (meatballs with brown gravy and pasta), plus the usual veggies, cheese, and a pretty good fresh salsa and guacamole. But the best part is that the CL is open 24 hours a day during the week...great for late night sodas! And speaking of which, they had Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper in addition to the usual Pepsi product assortment. If you like coffee, they had several varieties available, plus flavored syrups. Overall I highly recommend the property, including the lounge.
Do you know if the lounge was open on the weekend or if breakfast coupons are given if it's not? If you have info, please post in the exec lounge stickey. Thx.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Staying there this week. Morning's food is just eggs and bacon. Evening's stuff is better. There is a soup, some entree, cheese spread. All and all not too bad.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:32 am

Just got back

CL was great but closed friday noon until sunday afternoon.
Got upgraded to CL (As a silver) but had to beg plead. Check in staff is
better equipped to run a morgue but Vanesa was a charm when checking out.
Great breakfast and supper. Wine a rip at $11.00 a gllass (meridan)
Do not expect a balcony. It is actually a ledge. We moved to a poatio room in the courtyard and loved it. Would go back if on points or weekend as it clears out and has a great $99 rate. This is def a bus hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.