Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui [Master Thread]

Old Aug 1, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; UA 1K; Hertz Presidents Club
I know an answer to this question is in another thread but am not able to find it. Can I cancel my reservation before the 21 day period and get a full refund? Ritz Carlton Kapalua's terms are the following:

Holding Your Reservation
We will need a credit card prepayment to reserve your room.
To ensure that you receive this special rate, we will charge your credit card a prepayment of 1,485.75 USD (your room charge plus tax for your first and last nights) on August 4, 2015.

Cancelling Your Reservation
You may cancel your reservation for no charge until March 24, 2016 (21 day[s] before arrival).
Please note that we will assess a fee of 1,485.75 USD if you must cancel after this deadline.

If you have made a prepayment, we will retain all or part of your prepayment. If not, we will charge your credit card.

This fee equals 2 nights of your room charge plus tax (for the first and last nights of your reservation).

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:03 am

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui

Can anyone help with the above? .

Thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by mindrisa
Can anyone help with the above? .

Thanks.
according to the policy yes. you will get your deposit refunded if canceled 21 days prior to check in.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:35 am

Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, Maui

Thanks JM. Thought so but wanted verification. Wish they would make it more clear.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Heading over to Maui for a stay, have both club level and non-club level nights. Can I get by without a car if all Im doing is hanging around in Kapalua? how far will the resort shuttle take you? Most interested in Honolua Bay, Mokuleia Bay, and Kapalua Bay for snorkeling and dining options on non-club level nights.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Originally Posted by msp3
Heading over to Maui for a stay, have both club level and non-club level nights. Can I get by without a car if all Im doing is hanging around in Kapalua? how far will the resort shuttle take you? Most interested in Honolua Bay, Mokuleia Bay, and Kapalua Bay for snorkeling and dining options on non-club level nights.
Merrimans and the Pineapple Grill are both walk-able if you are moderately fit. We had a car so we walked or drove to almost all places. The shuttle would probably take you to the golf course restaurant (not easily walk-able), but we didn't like that as much as the other two restaurants. I'm not sure about the rides to snorkeling. We drove some places and used the hotel guide one day (which came with a ride). That was fun, but obviously overpriced since snorkeling can be free.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
The shuttle took me to Merrimans, but that was my only experience with it since we had a car.

There are some Maui properties where I'd be OK with not having a car. The RC Kapalua feels too isolated for me. I was happy to have the car.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Just got back, had a wonderful time there. The location was great, service top tier, and facilities in very good shape. And yes, just going around by shuttle (w/ no rental car) did work for me. Club level was well worth it and an attraction in itself.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
We just returned from a five night stay. The property is older but rooms are already under renovation. Received a very very very nice upgrade in the Residence portion of the property.

Dined at Merrimans and Sansei. For me the most memorable was Miso Phat which maybe holds 16 max. 15% discount for bills paid in cash before 4 PM. I was concerned about crowds but we were always seated immediately. Always party of 4. Free parking in front. Homemade ice cream. BYOB.

We found the RC in fine shape. It is really the staff that makes it special. The Club lounge presentations are broad and the staff exceptional. My wife loves their pineapple house made cookies. I liked the Kapalua. Upon hearing about my wife's fondness for the cookies we received a special call. My wife had a baking lesson with the Executive Pastry Chef. They of course made cookies. Another memorable Ritz-Carlton experience. It's what keeps me coming back.

The property also has a new Executive Chef who will be putting mark on the menu fully soon. Our group enjoyed the new lobby bar. Solid property.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:33 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
We just returned from a five night stay. The property is older but rooms are already under renovation. Received a very very very nice upgrade in the Residence portion of the property.

Dined at Merrimans and Sansei. For me the most memorable was Miso Phat which maybe holds 16 max. 15% discount for bills paid in cash before 4 PM. I was concerned about crowds but we were always seated immediately. Always party of 4. Free parking in front. Homemade ice cream. BYOB.

We found the RC in fine shape. It is really the staff that makes it special. The Club lounge presentations are broad and the staff exceptional. My wife loves their pineapple house made cookies. I liked the Kapalua. Upon hearing about my wife's fondness for the cookies we received a special call. My wife had a baking lesson with the Executive Pastry Chef. They of course made cookies. Another memorable Ritz-Carlton experience. It's what keeps me coming back.

The property also has a new Executive Chef who will be putting mark on the menu fully soon. Our group enjoyed the new lobby bar. Solid property.
We had a great tour of the kitchen garden with one of the chefs last year. It ended with her cutting up a bunch of fruit we picked and making some smoothies with other stuff from the garden. I loved it.

I can't wait to return and maybe get a baking lesson.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Sounds like a great property!

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:35 pm

Any new experiences out there?
Thinking about booking a stay in November.
Especially interested in a renovation update.
Thanks!
CSBM
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Can't wait - will be first time staying on this part of Maui and am looking forward to exploring. Will be Platinum status by arrival, so really hope it is an enjoyable experience.

Will be able to compare Ritz Platinum here vs Hilton Diamond at Grand Wailea and plan to write a little review.

27 days and counting.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Will be able to compare Ritz Platinum here vs Hilton Diamond at Grand Wailea and plan to write a little review.
As long as you expect NOTHING for your top-tier statuses, you won't be disappointed! Seriously, set your expectations low regarding a room upgrade, free breakfast, or anything else.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
At Grand Wailea, you will not get much for being Diamond. You may get vouchers for a drink, some $ off food and such. But nothing significant. You may get offered an upgrade to the Napua Club for about $100 per night.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.