Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Breakfast Buffet at the different Marriott chains - best breakfast buffet overall?

Old Jun 23, 2004, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG PLAT/Delta PM/Marriot Gold
I would agree with the post that the Marriott Harbor beach buffet is excellent, but I have found that the South Beach Marriott is a little more to my liking, and the service is excellent.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 11:07 am

Toronto Eaton Centre Marriott

The breakfast buffet at the Toronto Eaton Centre Marriott was very good this past weekend - lots of variety, with an omelet station and wonderful fresh fruit.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
I thought this was an interesting thread and might be worth reviving.

My wife and I stayed at the Renaissance Esmeralda a couple of months ago; we both agreed it was the best buffet we had been to at any hotel, Marriott or otherwise.

Other good ones:

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Minneapolis Marriott City Center
Monterey Marriott

We are staying at the Camelback in December for the first time; we will definitely have to try breakfast there. Have any Plats succeeded in getting breakfast comped at this property?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 11:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
The best Marriott Breakfast buffet that I have had was at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert, particularly the Sunday brunch. A close second would be the Renaissance Mayflower. On the weekend, plats are given coupons good for anything both on and off the buffet.

Special honors go to the Renaissance Hollywood and the Marriott Champs-Elysees.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 8:36 am

I will second the Cinammon Tree restaurant in the Hunt Valley (MD) Marriott, Marriott Coronado Island and the J.W. Marriott in Palm Springs.

I would also add the San Diego Marina Marriott which has a very nice breakfast buffet on Sundays.

Dan
Old Oct 17, 2006, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
The Renaissance Tampa Hotel International Plaza restaurant has an exceptional everyday breakast buffet.

Maybe the finest Sunday morning breakfast buffet I've ever seen anywhere is at the Renaissance Vinoy. An exquisite buffet in beautiful surroundings.

The Marriott Louisville Downtown concierge lounge buffet actually has (my heart be still), scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and smoked salmon.

The worst breakfast offering: the concierge lounge at the Milwaukee Marriott West; slim pickings indeed, unless you want oatmeal every morning.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
I liked the Marriott Coranado, wide and unusual selection. I also liked the Marriott New Orleans.
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
The Renaissance Chancery Court London buffet was pretty good. Loved that Salmon. Though at $45 a pop I was sure glad it was comped!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond,National Executive Elite
Marriott Suites Anaheim.
They have made to order omelettes, cheeses, salmon, dried fruits, pastries, cereals, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, fruits including mango.......it is a pretty amazing spread and as a Gold I receive a Free breakfast coupon.......
I highly recommend this property....has its own Starbucks too!
^
Old Oct 18, 2006, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
Munich, followed by Zurich.
Old Oct 19, 2006, 7:25 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Best Domestic:
Marriott Harbor Beach
Renn. Times Square
Renn. Chicago Downtown

Runner Up Domestic:
Marriott Waikoloa Beach (pre-renovation)

International (Only have a sample set of one):
Renn. La Defense
Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
My votes:

Domestic: Renaissance Flat Iron Suites (between Denver and Boulder): In addition to the normal stuff they always have an extra hot dish (e.g. Chicken Sausage Scramble) and in the fresh fruit section they always have fresh blueberries.

International: JW Marriott Bangkok. This sounds very similar to the Marriott Riverfront Resort descriptions elsewhere. A truly amazing spread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.