Wiki Posts
Search

Which Marriott in Sioux Falls?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Which Marriott in Sioux Falls?

I know this is not the most exciting topic, but I will be in Sioux Falls, SD in Sept/Oct for a few weeks and am trying to pick hotels. It seems to be between the Courtyard, Springhill Suites or Fairfied. I dont want the Residence or Townplace for lesser points.

Usually I would think Fairfield is the least favorable but after staying a the Fairfield in Santa Cruz, they can be pretty nice if newly renovated. I have never stayed in a Springhill and it seems the main difference are the room configurations. How do these compare to Courtyards? Oh and I am a Platinum member if that helps.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

DELETE

Last edited by Alphatmldr; Aug 1, 2012 at 11:18 pm Reason: DELETE
Old Aug 1, 2012, 10:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
just go to quote, or edit, and then delete what you wrote.............
replace it with DELETE

Originally Posted by Regulator85
Can anyone tell me how to delete a post too?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Regulator85
I know this is not the most exciting topic, but I will be in Sioux Falls, SD in Sept/Oct for a few weeks and am trying to pick hotels. It seems to be between the Courtyard, Springhill Suites or Fairfied. I dont want the Residence or Townplace for lesser points.

Usually I would think Fairfield is the least favorable but after staying a the Fairfield in Santa Cruz, they can be pretty nice if newly renovated. I have never stayed in a Springhill and it seems the main difference are the room configurations. How do these compare to Courtyards? Oh and I am a Platinum member if that helps.
I'd pick a Springhill Suites over the other 2 properties, as you'll have more room. If it's a newer SHS it will be nicer. I wouldn't stay at the CY as you won't get free breakfast & you won't get points on incidental spends.

Cheers.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'd pick a Springhill Suites over the other 2 properties, as you'll have more room. If it's a newer SHS it will be nicer. I wouldn't stay at the CY as you won't get free breakfast & you won't get points on incidental spends.

Cheers.
+1. I don't know about the specific properties in Sioux Falls, but this would be my thinking as well.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:41 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Select
I stayed at the Springhill last Fall. It and the Courtyard are basically right next to each other near the mall with the Fairfield on the other side. In my opinion the Springhill was the best option by far as it was cheaper than the Courtyard with the small breakfast included. Drove by the Fairfield and it looked like a typical, low end option property though I could be wrong. Just basing that off of a drive by.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice. Since they are across the street from each other this may be a good opportunity to switch hotels and quickly earn some certificates with the fall Megabonus.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just completed a brief one-night stay at the Residence Inn Sioux Falls. Nice, clean property...updated interiors...good stay overall. I was one of the only Golds in the building (no Plats at all) and I received an upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite.

I know the OP here didn't want RI, but I figured I'd drop this note here since it's the only "Which Marriott in Sioux Falls?" thread we have.

As others have noted, the Marriotts are all colocated at the Empire Mall just off of I-29. Lots of restaurants and shopping walking distance from the hotels. Granted, it's a very 1980's-looking mall feel, but there appeared to be some newer standalone restaurants/bars around the mall. The one next to the RI was having a live performance of Foreigner the night was were there, if you can believe that...

Didn't actually spend any time in Sioux Falls so I don't know whether there are other areas of town with more character or not. We were just passing through...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated!

Cheers.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sioux Falls has a historic downtown area (with a few restaurants) close to the park with the falls. There's a local history museum which is pretty good, IIRC in the old courthouse building. Most of the other tourist stuff is in a different area of town.

IIRC the airport is on the same side of town as the Empire Mall and most hotels.

There's a Sheraton next to the Convention Center, on the opposite side of town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.