Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Bangkok, Thailand, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:27 pm

Missing the updates...
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:18 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
the Marriott Suk 57 did allow G/Ps to take breakfast in their restaurant when they were first opened, but has changed this policy back to only in their lounge...
Perhaps it's only a change for the Christmas/NYE period but I was invited to use the restaurant for breakfast during my recently-completed three-night stay.

Also, I was not asked to produce my 50% off voucher. And, yes, the rate was applied to all three nights of my stay. (Understand that I'm not trying to resurrect the discussion that took place in the Voucher thread; I'm just providing another data point.)
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
It would be great if the new Marriott starts giving breakfast in the restaurant. I'll be there in a few days and will let you know what happens.

Yellow-shirt violence: I never said that they were equally violent as some of the red-shirts at the peak in 2010 (ugly stuff...that got really bad). But they clearly can be violent: Ping ping bombs, throwing rocks, talking of 'seizing' Bangkok, seizing gov't buildings and the zoo, cutting off power, preventing candidates from registering, beating a taxi driver into coma for complaining about traffic, burning buses, destroying gov't vehicles, stealing equipment from police vehicles, commandeering TV stations, threatening the media, and more. I dare you to wear a red shirt and call them something bad in Thai. Visitors should know that this is not the kind of demonstration you'd see in Washington D.C. That's all I'm saying on this topic.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Post an update on the free brekkie when you get to the property.

And a gentle reminder to everyone that this is a hotel forum, not a who's protesting & what color shirt are they wearing forum. FT has a Thailand forum, so if folk want updates on what's happening re: protests I'd recommend they check that forum so that this thread can stay on topic re: properties. TIA.

Cheers.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
**deleted by OP since this post is no longer relevant after being moved from the Huntsville thread**

Last edited by plagwate; Dec 31, 2013 at 7:00 pm Reason: I Guess Being President Has Its Perks. :P
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Because this thread became so extremely long and unwieldy, I moved everything from 2014 forward (346 posts right now) into their own thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...4-present.html

I'm going to rename and close this thread, which will remain available for historical purposes.

Please note that many of the individual hotels in Bangkok have their own threads.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.