Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Orlando, FL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Orlando, FL

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2005, 4:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
This complex is way too noisy for my tastes. I've stayed in the Courtyard and the SHS. Just book whichever one is the cheapest. I found the breakfast area to be one giant cluster&#^$. Won't stay there again. We go to Orlando 2-3 times a year to visit family but - in general - avoid all of the hotels that are near the amusement parks.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 8:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Has anyone got an e-mailadress for the SpringHill Suites? Or should I contact them via FAX?
Old Jan 18, 2005, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Sorry to bother you one more time, but are there safes inside the rooms?
Old Jan 26, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: Delta Plat, MR Plat Prem, Hertz-Pres
Courtyard

there are no safes in the rooms, but you can request a lock box at the front desk.

Now on to some finer points.

I stayed at this property from 8/11 thru 1/05 every night.... I got to know every employee --- Ya we all met. they got to know me.

The only problem was when we decided to patronize the hottub at 1am and the pool was closed. We ended up patronizing the hottub......... I guess when you spend 15k+ at the property, little rules get broken.. and yes there may have been a few wobbly pops involved

Day 2 I went to the front desk and talked to Tony, the GM. I explained my business and was switched to a suite. This is a great property. The people here at the village are top notch. The Highlight was that Mr. Marriott visited this property and I had a 1/2 hour one on one with him during my stay. I hope that there may be some changes in the plt status down the road.

Oh and by the way, I spend 230+ or - every year with Marriott. High of 262 and low of 197.

This is one of the better properties....

Mark
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Chair Pref, Marriott Plat Premier
Disney World Marriotts

Anyone have any experience with Marriotts near Disney World in FL? I need to comfortably sleep 2 adults and 3 kids.

My number one choice at the moment is the RI Orlando Lake Buena Vista. Other options include the Marriott Grande Vista, but I have seen some negative reviews of this place. Finally, anyone have any experience with SpringHill Suites or CY at Lake Bunea Vista in the Marriott Village?

Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:28 am

Well depending on your budget, the Marriott World Center and the adjoining Marriott Vacation Club properties are probably the closest to the park. You literally exit the property, turn right and cross the highway, and you are on Disney grounds.

Check out the Vacation Club Property "Imperial Palms". All the units are three bedrooms (ok, so you'll have some extra room), but the units are newer that Sabal and Royal Palms which are also on the same property. Imperial has it own small swimming pool, or its a 30 second walk to Royal's larger pool and health club area. Plus you can walk or ride the golf cart to use the World Center's gigantic pool (water slides, etc.), as well as all the hotel amenities and restaurants.

Be sure to check for AAA rates, assuming you are a member, as you can usually get a significant discount. Also, play with the length of your stay, sometimes staying 7 nights at a Vacation Club property works out to be the same or less than staying 5 nights, because they have different nightly rates based on the length of your stay!
Old Feb 15, 2005, 9:44 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I stayed last month at the CbM LBV. Typical CbM, nothing more and nothing less. We also stayed a night at the Marriott MCO World Center. Much nicer property but more $$$. Both are VERY close to parks.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:03 pm

If price is a major consideration for you, I would recommend the Residence Inns, as they will sleep 5, whereas the Marriott World will not.

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Sea World and found it to be fine (we did hit long lines at the breakfast buffet). I believe the Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista is a relatively new property (2-3 years?) and is well located for Disney visitors.

If you are not on as much of a budget, we liked the Marriott Grande Vista and the Marriott Cypress Harbour. Both offer 2 br, 2 bath units which were nicely decorated and very roomy. (They also offer smaller rooms.)

The Little Lake Bryan Marriott Village complex is also well located in relation to the parks; rooms really only fit 4 comfortably unless you can get 2 beds and a pullout at the SpringHill. Advantage there is that you can go between each of the 3 hotels and experience their pool areas, which provides a change of scenery if you have active kids.

Renaissance SeaWorld is also an option; nice hotel, large pool; you would need to have a rollaway brought in.

Do a search (if and when the 'search' function is restored) on Orlando in this forum and you'll find lots of additional information.

Have a nice trip.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwife
If price is a major consideration for you, I would recommend the Residence Inns, as they will sleep 5, whereas the Marriott World will not.

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Sea World and found it to be fine (we did hit long lines at the breakfast buffet). I believe the Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista is a relatively new property (2-3 years?) and is well located for Disney visitors.

If you are not on as much of a budget, we liked the Marriott Grande Vista and the Marriott Cypress Harbour. Both offer 2 br, 2 bath units which were nicely decorated and very roomy. (They also offer smaller rooms.)

The Little Lake Bryan Marriott Village complex is also well located in relation to the parks; rooms really only fit 4 comfortably unless you can get 2 beds and a pullout at the SpringHill. Advantage there is that you can go between each of the 3 hotels and experience their pool areas, which provides a change of scenery if you have active kids.

Renaissance SeaWorld is also an option; nice hotel, large pool; you would need to have a rollaway brought in.

Do a search (if and when the 'search' function is restored) on Orlando in this forum and you'll find lots of additional information.

Have a nice trip.

thanks flyerwife

I think Marriott World and other std rooms will be too crowded for us. We have all cramed into a Springhill before and felt crowded.

I currently have a reservation w/points at the Grande Vista, but have seen posts on another board about their units being older and not well maintained. Did you guys stay in a newer wing or unit there?

My res at the RI is not for points, but have a decent rate of $144/night.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:30 pm

What are the dates of your stay.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by BeantownFlyer
What are the dates of your stay.

April 22-26
Old Feb 15, 2005, 2:46 pm

Looks like Imperial Palms is outrageously priced for those dates.

I note that you can get a room with two double beds and a sleeper which would arguably accomodate all 5 of you, at the World Center for $159/nt with a AAA discount and 21 day advance purchase.

At the Grande Vista the AAA rate is $116/nt for 4/22-23 and $97/nt thereafter. Worth joining AAA if you don't belong already!

I didn't come up with a lot of other desirable alternatives, particularly if you want to stick with Marriott.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 6:30 pm

spongebob56, you might want to try Courtyard Lake Buena Vista at Vista Centre. For your dates, you can get a Suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa (separate living room, where the pullout is), with breakfast included for 2 adults and 2 children under 10, for $119/night or $109 with AAA discount.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 7:58 pm

My Vote World Center

My personal first choice would be the Marriott World Center. If you can get a room with the 2 beds and the sleeper, it would be a bigger room than the Springhill Suites. It's just a fabulous resort and the breakfast buffett (always preferable to get a rate that includes it) is the best ever. My second choice would be the Grande Vista. We have stayed there a couple of times in the older units and had no complaints. I didn't realize anyone had complained of them. Springhill at Marriott Village does have a very nice zero depth entry pool that the younger kids really like, but the rooms are a little cramped for 5.
The World Center just has so much to offer in the way of pools, waterslide, food court, basketball court (my husband brings his basketball on vacation) Spa, etc, I don't think you can go wrong.
Cindi
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by cndij
(my husband brings his basketball on vacation)
?????

They have a basketball court, but no basketballs, or he has a "special" basketball?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.