Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Orlando, FL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Orlando, FL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by winstoda
Hotel is geared toward large school/sports groups. The night we stayed that was all the staff was focused on. Expect a zoo here.
This statement is very important. To get sports groups to stay at the Flamingo Crossings Marriott hotels, they build a "1,700-square-foot fitness center, picnic pavillion [sic] with six grills, batting cage, practice field". If you stay at either hotel, chances are good that you'll be sharing it with a sports group.

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...0925-post.html
Old Mar 8, 2016, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
This statement is very important. To get sports groups to stay at the Flamingo Crossings Marriott hotels, they build a "1,700-square-foot fitness center, picnic pavillion [sic] with six grills, batting cage, practice field". If you stay at either hotel, chances are good that you'll be sharing it with a sports group.

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...0925-post.html
Link is behind a paywall.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by jsucool76
I'd guess they're referring to the marriott village. I can see that place being a traffic nightmare. The whole area around there can get pretty bad.
the marriot villiage is close to everything disney and traffic is heavy (but not necessarily a nightmare) in the lake buena vista area. however, i think that the marriott villiage complex is just about the oldest and most threadbare of the marriott properties in the area. they are generally a decent place to stay but i usually choose them last.

if you do stay there BEWARE: there is a shell gas station right across the road (8788 Vineland Ave) that charges 2x-3x the going rate for gas. seriously, they absolutely price gouge. under no circumstances should you give them a penny. they rely on people pulling in and filling up without looking at the price.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Link is behind a paywall.
That's why I copy/pasted the quote with the relevant information into my response. The link is just the source of the quote. Although, for the record, I found the article via a Bing search and it wasn't behind a paywall for me.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 8:11 am

I spent one night recently at the Bohemian Hotel Celebration. Got to say I was not impressed. Room was huge, but the TV is in a cabinet so you can only see if from the bed (In theory it could be pulled out and turned but the TV is so big that the theory has a flaw and when I tried it the connections got loose so I gave up!)

They gave me breakfast on Saturday as my welcome gift. I go downstairs at 10:15... One couple eating, lots of clean empty tables.. I stand at the host stand. Another couple joins us. The staff ignores us. The valet sees what is going on and runs to get help. He comes back and says it's going to be half an hour while they 'clean tables" HUH? I can see almost every table is clean and ready for guests. Couple behind me complain they were told their table would be ready 15 minutes ago. Based on this I decide to eat elsewhere (There's a great bakery near by!)

When I check out I ask for the points instead of the non-existent free breakfast. I told the manager what happened. He honestly could care less. His excuse was 'we had lots of room service" (So that's why you couldn't seat people at a buffet? ) Bizarre!

The only really nice and helpful staff was the valet staff.

Great location, but I doubt I would bother again.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report on the Bohemian Hotel Celebration. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by squatch
the marriot villiage is close to everything disney and traffic is heavy (but not necessarily a nightmare) in the lake buena vista area. however, i think that the marriott villiage complex is just about the oldest and most threadbare of the marriott properties in the area. they are generally a decent place to stay but i usually choose them last.

if you do stay there BEWARE: there is a shell gas station right across the road (8788 Vineland Ave) that charges 2x-3x the going rate for gas. seriously, they absolutely price gouge. under no circumstances should you give them a penny. they rely on people pulling in and filling up without looking at the price.
We stayed in the Marriott Village Courtyard this week. Got upgraded to a true 2-room suite, which is nice for the extra space, but Courtyard suites aren't anything to write home about. But yes, Marriott does give suite upgrades! The room was fine, but I don't think it had been updated in a while. The lobby and bistro area were nice.

Our rate included a $40 F&B voucher which got us a beer in the Bistro when we arrived, then in the morning we had breakfast for 2, plus 3 coffees. If you want a breakfast-inclusive rate, I recommend this F&B credit instead. They had a sign posted which listed what's included with a breakfast rate, and coffee isn't included (only milk or juice). I would have been annoyed at having to pay for coffee if my rate included breakfast.

Oh, and as Platinum they give out points AND the voucher for a market item which includes beer and wine! Maybe that's standard for most Courtyards but I'm pretty sure in some locations (Salt Lake City) it's not included. Also when I called down to the front desk with a question later, the lady who answered thanked me for my loyalty. So they make a good effort to recognize status.

Traffic was not bad, but this is low season for Disney. BTW, the price per gallon for gas at the Shell station was $5.99! We saw it nearby for $2.29, so yes, almost 3x the going rate. Insane. But of course that doesn't have anything to do with the hotel; just be aware as squatch said.

Last edited by ehallison; Oct 30, 2016 at 10:15 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by squatch
Also avoid the Suncoast Energys and Sun gas stations just north of MCO on South Semoran as well as a few other places around International Drive:

MCO Gas Station RIPOFF

David
Old Jan 5, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles Member, Global Entry,AA Gold
Hi I am looking at booking a hotel near Disney world, which hotel is better that is within a 4 mile radius of Disney World ? I also have 2 cat 1-5 certs I am looking to use since I am booking a 4 night stay.

Last edited by comptr; Jan 5, 2017 at 12:32 pm
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by comptr
Hi I am looking at booking a hotel near Disney world, which hotel is better that is within a 4 mile radius of Disney World ? I also have 2 cat 1-5 certs I am looking to use since I am booking a 4 night stay.
I can't address which is the best near MouseWorld since I've not been there in several years, but here's a list of Cat 5 properties in FL. There are some Orlando area properties listed; not sure if they're w/in 4 miles.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...tes.Category5/

Cheers.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The closest would probably the Marriott World Center.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:11 pm

I personally think using certs for free stays in Orlando is a waste if one can use the certs elsewhere. If one is just looking for place to sleep, low end hotels are usually less than $70 a night.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by qazw1
I personally think using certs for free stays in Orlando is a waste if one can use the certs elsewhere. If one is just looking for place to sleep, low end hotels are usually less than $70 a night.
O ok, well the free certs were expiring, so I thought I better use them up.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I can't address which is the best near MouseWorld since I've not been there in several years, but here's a list of Cat 5 properties in FL. There are some Orlando area properties listed; not sure if they're w/in 4 miles.

http://www.marriott.com/hotel-search...tes.Category5/

Cheers.
I will look at the link thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
The closest would probably the Marriott World Center.
I will check out that hotel, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.