Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AC Firenze – Florence, Italy [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2011, 2:24 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge
Original Poster

Greetings - I hope to clear up some confusion with the recent launch of AC Hotels by Marriott.

The Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Continental Breakfast benefit for Gold and Platinum Elite members is not available at AC Hotels by Marriott. This benefit remains only available in the Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide. However, in celebration of the new brand launch of AC Hotels by Marriott back in May, the hotels have been offering a complimentary breakfast buffet on two-day stays through January 8, 2012, using promotion code: PKG.

Safe travels, Andy
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:36 pm

i dont know why lskohn did not press further for free brekkie as AC is supposed to give free brekkie for plats.
In any case I stayed at AC Firenze for under 40EUR on LNF rate. Excellent upgrade to 1 bedroom suite, amazing brekkie for 3. All in all great hotel. Located less than 5 mins to the centre of Firenze, and just outside of the ZTL.
Old May 2, 2012, 12:26 pm

AC Hotel - Florence

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
have experience with the Spanish/Portugese ACs, but if they stay to their standard, no recognition as gold (or plat)........... Italian ACs do provide breakfast to ALL guests (as opposed to Spain/Portugal). Wifi available in lobby. No lounge............ and if like Spain/Portugal, no in-room safety boxes and they'll turn on their A/Cs only seasonally, despite outside temps/noise.
Mini-bar contents were comped to all guests (part of AC brand program even before going w Marriott). Some had beer, others just soft drinks/juices/water.

Just think American CY and ύou'll get the idea of what to expect......
Not all Italian ACs provide complimentary brekkie - at least AC Hotel Florence does not. The confusing part was their website (frontpage) said "free breakfast," but they don't provide if you redeem points for your stay regardless of your elite status.

Complimentary WiFi for elite: You get to choose either in-room PC or iPhone/iPad (not both). Since you need to get a code everyday (expires daily,) you can technically do one day PC, next day iPhone...

Complimentary Mini-bar: water, sparkling water, Fanta, Coke/Diet Coke, Juice (no adult beverage is stocked)

Others: in-room safety box, 24/7 access to in-house Turkish bath, no concierge (front desk folks are supposed to do all), lobby lounge turns into restaurant in the evenings, a bit "off" location from city center
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Airlines: DL-Silver, UA-Silver Hotels: MR-LT PP
Just got back from a stay at the AC Firenze. Not much to add to what's already been said except for a couple of items:

1-The easiest way to/from this hotel from the train station is by tram. Fare is € 1.20 and you can purchase at the stops. Only one tram line in Firenze and the hotel is located about 100 yds from Stop #1.

Taxi fares ranged from 8 to 12 euros for our trips.

2- Internet access is free for plats as others have mentioned but you must request it at the FD and receive a Username & Password sheet from them.

3- Email address for the hotel is: [email protected]

While the hotel is not really near much, I felt the location was fine for exploring Firenze. Staff was friendly and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Last edited by jrsinpdx; Aug 30, 2012 at 11:36 am Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the updated trip report!

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
AC Hotel Firenze by Marriott

I stayed at the AC Hotel Firenze a couple weeks ago. My impression was that it's a fairly nice hotel but there's nothing special about it.

The location is also not special. While the hotel is within walking distance to the train station and to some sightseeing spots, it's not really in the city centre.

Breakfast was the usual mix of hot items (sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon) and various bread/pastries. Breakfast was included in my room rate. I noticed that they never asked for my room number, so I wonder if all room rates include breakfast.

The mini-bar is not complimentary anymore (as of January, I believe).

As a Platinum member, I received wifi codes for every day of my stay for both my laptop and phone.

There are fixed taxi fares from the airport to Florence hotels. As the AC is fairly close to the hotel, the prices are imho a bit high but there's nothing you can do about it. The fixed fares are 20 EUR during the week, 22 EUR on weekends and holidays and 23.30 EUR during the night. In addition to this fixed fee, you also pay 1 EUR per luggage and (from the hotel) 2 or 3 EUR for calling the taxi (This is paid to the taxi, not the hotel).
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update, including the taxi info.

Cheers.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
When in Rome, do as the Romans do...

When in Florence, stay at a Starwood.

Find a way to get some SW points--because every other option sucks (TOOOOOO far from center).
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
good advice if you exclude the Sheraton Firenze Hotel from consideration..........

Originally Posted by travelexpert
When in Rome, do as the Romans do...

When in Florence, stay at a Starwood.

Find a way to get some SW points--because every other option sucks (TOOOOOO far from center).
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:33 pm

Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent experience with this hotel. For Plats: upgrades? free breakfast? any other benefits?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Wish we could teach Marriott Corp a thing or two about KISS.

No free breakfast for elites at resorts (when I am on vacation and would appreciate that benefit). No free breakfast for elites at Courtyard (I never understood that one!). Now no free breakfast for elites at AC.

While I generally think that HH is run by a bunch of XXXXXXXs, at least they keep the free breakfast for elites policy simple.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Bumping this to see if anyone has any recent experience with this hotel. For Plats: upgrades? free breakfast? any other benefits?

Thanks in advance.
3 stays, 3x upgrade to a somewhat bigger room, 3x free brekkie plus cocktails at the bar. Kinda like it.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by Exdon
3 stays, 3x upgrade to a somewhat bigger room, 3x free brekkie plus cocktails at the bar. Kinda like it.
Thanks for the info.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:17 pm

Going to stay here next month on points. I'm Gold, do they still give free breakfast?
Old Aug 16, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone stay here recently. Trying to find a place to stay in Florence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.