AC Hotel Som- Barcelona

Old Jul 14, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott , United, Delta, Priority Club
AC Hotel Som- Barcelona

I am a plat and we have two rooms reserved for two nights before we leave on a cruise out of Barcelona. Has anyone stayed here? Did you receive plat benefits like a free breakfast?

How did you get to the hotel from the airport? We'll have 5 of us (all adults) with luggage. Should we hire a company? Take a cab? Take the bus? Anyone who has stayed here with some experience at this hotel would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
I stayed at this hotel back in March on points...

Only benefits I received was free internet. I should mention at the time I was only Gold... I made Platinum in April
It's a little out there from the city center. If your staying on a weekend the transit is open 24 hours, otherwise it shuts down at midnight or so. I took a cab from BCN, expect 30 euros each way.

I wasn't thrilled with the hotel. I'm not sure if its an AC thing, or this particular hotel. What got on my nerve was the AC was not on(the room was sweltering hot after a little while when I turned it on). Their answer was "it's winter." Keep in mind it was probably high 60ies-low 70ies(Comparing to a FS Marriott in London I had just came from... AC and heat was on no issues). I had to keep my window open at all times.

Last edited by IslesFan; Jul 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm Reason: Forgot I was gold then
Old Jul 17, 2012, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
another one with the free breakfast - there is NO FREE BREAKFAST AT AC BY MARRIOTT props, plat or otherwise............

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts
http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...s/guarantee.mi

Originally Posted by mclymerne
I am a plat and we have two rooms reserved for two nights before we leave on a cruise out of Barcelona. Has anyone stayed here? Did you receive plat benefits like a free breakfast?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
I'm at the property now with 2 rooms for 2 nights. As a Gold elite also only given Comp WiFi (no breakfast). Looks like we'll be hitting up McDonald's across the street, as breakfast is 16 Euro's pp. As an aside, taxi from the airport (BCN) was 27 Euro's (cash only...., didn't accept CC.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dromack
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi

Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits:
(...)
7. Free High-Speed Internet Access: Complimentary Internet access at all JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, AC Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Courtyard by Marriott (outside of U.S. & Canada only). Not available in meeting rooms.

I got a free internet in AC Hotel Som in Barcelona last month.
+1. At the AC Hotel Som Barcelona now for 2 nights. As a Gold Elite, received free in-room WiFi, but no breakfast. Even w/o free breakfast, wish they would offer elites a discount off the 16 Euro pp tab.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
I stayed at both AC Som and Ren Fira in May. For the extra 20Euro the Fira was a much better deal. Just a higher class that AC and the breakfast was really good. Especially the bacon.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I am staying one night (tonight) at the AC Hotel Som. All of the previous comments are still accurate. Free wifi, no free breakfast, no lounge. Staff are very nice and managed to extract funds from my Marriott Vacation Card, which many hotels fail to do successfully.

The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but I'm basically just transiting here -- flying out of BCN tomorrow morning. I thought that the airport was a bit closer to the hotel than it is: 9.5 km (about 6 miles). Taxis will rip you off, and trains are possible but require some complicated connections. Best bet is the #46 local airport bus, which runs right by the hotel and has a stop maybe 100 meters away. I used that bus when I arrived in BCN 9 days ago, and I plan to use it again tomorrow morning for about 1 Euro (with a 10-trip ticket).

I'm really not complaining about anything because I got a 76.50-Euro rate (85.14 Euros with taxes) for my one night here. Pretty good bargain. I'll eat breakfast at the airport lounge!

Bruce
Old May 23, 2014, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the update & also the tip about the bus.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.