Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
feedback on BRU Marriott vs Ren

Am trying to get to BRU in April for a short holiday and found Brussels has to Marriott brand properties and wanted to ask for some feedback on which property FTers prefer. Your help is appreciated.

Old Jan 23, 2004, 2:41 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
I've stayed at both, I perfer the the Marriott. It's a great location, can walk from Central Station (train) in 5 minutes, near everything, very nice lounge and very good breakfast downstairs. The Renaissance is fine - further away from the action, and decent. At times the weekend rates at the Renaissance were much better - that could be a factor.

Bruce
Old Jan 24, 2004, 9:55 pm

I stayed at a Renaissance hotel a couple of years ago and loved it (my rate was 99 euros/per night when a $1 would get you 1.2 euros). It's a bit out of the way (not far from the EU quarter) - 3-10 min walk from the closest bus stops, 20-25 min walk to the city center. By the way, I think Marriott extended stay apartments were located next door.
Renaissance had this rich dark cherry wood/color scheme throughout and looked/smelled very recently built. The front desk people were very nice - they gave us a room right away when we showed up at 10:00am after an overnight flight from US. Finally, their breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had in any hotel. I'd definitely stay there again despite the location.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 5:54 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Some pictures from the Marriott Brussels
The location is great. The center is just a few minutes away. I had luck with an upgrade to a (smallish) Junior suite - but with a wonderful view. I'd stay there definitely again.

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M
Old Jan 26, 2004, 11:58 am

Programs: FB Platinum, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
We had great weekend stay in Marriott last summer .

We had two rooms no upgrade though. Were given lounge access.

Location is excellent. Very good breakfast. Helpful staff.

Will stay again.
Old May 12, 2004, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, Avis
Question Marriott in Brussels- comments

Hi,
I am spending a long weekend in Brussels.
Have booked a pair of rooms at fairly reasonable rates.
Site claims it is very near the Grande Place.

Anyone have experience at this hotel?

Thanks
Old May 13, 2004, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
This is probably the most comprehensive thread on this Marriott.

The summary is that it's a nice hotel in a great location. The rooms are spacious by European standards. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.
Old May 13, 2004, 10:42 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium Elite, United LT 1M Gold
Hotel is in a great location

It's ten minutes walk from the Train Station, and within a short walk to many interesting sights, locations, and places to eat. Hotel is quite nice, staff has always been good (somewhat reserved, but always professional). It's a great hotel at which to spend a few days.

Bruce
Old May 13, 2004, 12:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I had the good fortune to stay at the Marriot BRU for 4 nights and also the Ren BRU for 2nights last month and really enjoyed the Marriott mostly because of its location. It's very central, an asset in BRU which is almost village-like in the narrow lanes around Grande Place. No lack of restaurants nearby, so failed to try the fare at the hotel. Families with kids may love the McDonald's next door and Pizza Hut around the corner. My room was at a special rate, so no view of the Bourse which is opposite the hotel, but it was still well appointed. Didn't try the in-room t.v. internet set-up as it seemed a little steep in price just for sending a few e-mails to friends & family back home. I was strictly on holiday so this day rate may be a better offer for those needing the computer for work.

The Ren BRU is less centrally located in the E.U. section of the city and wasn't as well appointed, but was still an enjoyable stay. The only drawback was an in-room heating/cooling system that was a bit wonky. I didn't bother to mention it to the staff as my stay was so short.
Old May 14, 2004, 7:05 am

Talking Thanks for the quick feedback!

I am always a bit leary of relative quality in European Marriotts, some are great and then...

The proximity to the Grande Place and Train Station are important, I want to take a day trip to Bruge with my wife and son. We won't be visiting the McDonalds though, my son is a professional chef (just graduated from the CIA in Hyde Park, NY in Feb.) He now has a job as a sous chef and we are flying him to Brussels to meet my wife and I at the back end of a business trip.

I wanted to get him some exposure to the regional cuisines around Belgium and there are lots of places around the Grande Place.

Thanks again for giving me the peace of mind that my rooms will be OK.

I managed to get 160 Euros for Concierge Room for my wife and I and 105 Euros for a standard room for my son. This is over the June 11-14 weekend.
Old May 14, 2004, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Stayed there this spring (after having seen it for the first time last November despite several previous trips to BRU) for a night as we flew in to go pub hopping & chocolate shopping for a day. I was really happy with the location (not upgraded as I'm a lowly MR Silver, but for the little amount of time in the room it didn't matter) and rooms, staff attitude was great as well.

I love the location as it's just a few blocks off the Grande Place, and tons of local pubs to hit. For a great meal with local "flavor", try the Cave du Roy at the end of the Grande Place (the end farthest away from the Marriott), eat in the cellar level.

Have an awesome trip!
Old May 14, 2004, 1:13 pm

Wink Quack Back

Originally Posted by cawhite60156
Stayed there this spring (after having seen it for the first time last November despite several previous trips to BRU) for a night as we flew in to go pub hopping & chocolate shopping for a day. I was really happy with the location (not upgraded as I'm a lowly MR Silver, but for the little amount of time in the room it didn't matter) and rooms, staff attitude was great as well.

I love the location as it's just a few blocks off the Grande Place, and tons of local pubs to hit. For a great meal with local "flavor", try the Cave du Roy at the end of the Grande Place (the end farthest away from the Marriott), eat in the cellar level.

Have an awesome trip!
Thanks for the comments, I will try to crawl over to the Cave du Roy for a meal in their basement with my family. My son is a chef who is into making his own beer. He is pushing for us to go pub crawling to try every brew we can get our hands on.
Of course my wife has other ideas...
Old Feb 21, 2005, 4:33 pm

BRU to Brussells Ren

I am sure this has been posted before, but since the Search is not working, I must ask in a new thread. What is the bus service or train service between BRU and the Brussels Ren. Will be there in March and traveling with two others. Would prefer not to pay for taxi. Also if anyone has dining recommendations, please post. Thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, US Chair Pref, Marriott Plat Premier
I haven't stayed in the Ren, but spent a couple weeks in the Brussels Marriott and had a great experience. The Marriott is new (or refurb) and centrally located. The rooms are very nice and the staff friendly. The lounge has complimentary Stella and Kreik!
Old Mar 2, 2005, 6:59 am

bump, help me find the way to hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.