Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Brussels, Belgium

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2002, 4:09 pm

This what I wrote as a reply to another post:

Quote:
"If you get a chance when you get back, please post a review or something about this new Marriott. I'll be there (on W14's) at the end of December..."

I am not Bruce but I stayed there last weekend and perhaps I can give you some information. It has a great location across the Stock Exchange and near the Grand-Place which is a beautiful square with great architecture, restaurants and a tourist center. The hotel is new so therefore everything is new in the room. The only thing that I didn't like was that it didn't have a coffeemaker.
Old Nov 16, 2002, 4:38 pm

I stayed there two weeks ago on a semi-mileage run, using the W14 certs. Marvelous location---subway stop 1/2 block, Grand Place 2 blocks. Walking distance to train station (Brugges about one hour away, Ghent is closer). Lounge was closed, but they gave me certs for full breakfast buffet, plus a drink at the bar. Had a coffee maker in the room too. Highly recommended!!

------------------
AA 3MM, AA EXP, MR Gold
Agree to TCC code.
Old Nov 18, 2002, 9:44 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
I was there last week, here are my thoughts:
1. Great location
2. Ex. Lounge was overrun with DL crews every morning.
3. Staff every willing to please, but lack training.
4. Forgot to pick-up laundry one day and when they did the next day, they lost it for 24-hours.
5. Hotel not fully staffed, took 20-30 minutes for auto dilevery at front door.
6. DSL lines not working.
This hotel has great potential, but I would give it 3-4 months to mature,
Old Nov 23, 2002, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm there right now (well, down the street at an internet center, actually). I agree with everything Jib says above, although I have not done laundry and don't have a car. The best thing about the hotel is the location, which is simply perfect. The staff is very nice. The rooms are new and flawless. The Concierge Lounge is closed on Saturday but apparently open on Sunday (I'll see tomorrow). I did get a breakfast coupon for today without asking. And, yes, Delta crews are everywhere!

Bottom line: I would come back to this hotel in a minute!

Bruce
Old Nov 23, 2002, 2:38 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
BTW, you can earn 1000 additional points for every (paid ?) stay until 31-Dec-2002 (reference number M11).
Old Nov 24, 2002, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Final points:

Concierge Lounge is open Saturday night (but not Saturday morning). It is also open all day Sunday.

My award stay was totally free. No taxes or service charges!

This is really a very nice hotel. Highly recommended.

Bruce
Old Dec 30, 2002, 4:26 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K 3MM
Can anyone tell me how big the rooms are? My friend and I are planning to stay here with her two kids. Is there room for a roll away?

Thanks. TF

[This message has been edited by TropicalFlyer (edited 12-30-2002).]
Old Dec 30, 2002, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my room, definitely enough space for a rollaway. Maybe not every room, though.

Bruce
Old Dec 30, 2002, 3:42 pm

Thanks for the recommendations- I need one more stay for the take 2 promo, and found an EUR99 rate at the Marriott Brussels. That'll do it!
Old Jan 2, 2003, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Stayed at the Marriott from Dec 21-24. Impressions:

1. Room was small by American standards. My wife (who has been to Europe far more often than I) said it was roomy by Euro standards.

2. Bathroom was nice. Bathtub was DEEP. First time I stepped out of it, I almost twisted my knee.

3. Lounge was 'closed' on Sunday, but drinks (including BEER!) are available in the lounge from 0600-0000 (or something like that) every day. We did get the breakfast coupons for Sunday, but were unimpressed with the buffet (except for the bread. Heavenly croissants...) Lounge breakfast was bread and cold cuts.

4. They told us the biz center is not open yet, and directed us to the internet cafe down the street.

5. Location, location, location.

6. The bar across the street (Le Coq) appears to be French-speaking only. We did find a quiet bar just off of the main restaurant row (Rue Bouchers?) called The Square Pot (in French, of course) that we liked, although the barman was surly. I recommend Le Roy d'Espagna, too.

------------------
Leadership is not about personal privilege or power.
The duty of the leader is to serve the needs of those
who are led.
-Jan Erteszek
Old Jan 8, 2003, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In other person's experiences, how long has it taken this hotel to post points?

Also, I forgot to mention the Platinum gift. When we arrived, no mention of a Platinum gift was made. We went to dinner, and when we got back to the room there was a fruit basket and 2 bottles of water waiting for us, along with a handwritten note from the GM welcoming us.

------------------
who are led.
-Jan Erteszek
Old Jan 21, 2003, 12:03 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Marriott Brussels (BRU)

- wonderful view from the room to the "Bours" (stock exchange)
- perfect location (public transport, sights in the area, many restaurants) next to the "Bours" and close to "Grand Place"
- upgrade to a Junior Suite (one room suite): new and functional non-smoking room
- breakfast buffet in the restaurant next to the lobby (omelettes will be prepared by a cook, a variety of very tasty breads, great choice of hot and cold food)
- overall excellent Marriott Platinum recognition (I didn't ask for an upgrade and/or the amenity choice program - all worked automatically: the hotel knew my status from the profile/booking)
- very friendly staff at the reception desk
- bright light in any room

- rooms (including suite) are smallish - and may be smaller on the 6th floor due to inclined wall
- lounge is closed on the weekend (but open to get some drinks)

Highly recommended; excellent price-performance ratio.
Old Jan 21, 2003, 2:24 am
Patron

LH738 quoted: rooms … may be smaller on the 6th floor due to inclined wall

Attics on the 6th floor are definitely smaller and have – as you see on your nice picture – dormer windows.

Old Jan 21, 2003, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course, if you don't get a front facing room you get a lovely view of the alleyways...
(And there was a funky blue glow from the lighting on the building across the street...)

------------------
who are led.
-Jan Erteszek
Old Mar 12, 2003, 8:53 pm

Any recommendations for restuarants/things to do? Is everything within walking distance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.