Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:12 pm

cambridge MA marriott

any info on the cambridge MA marriott....

concierge lounge - is it open on weekends?
how are the restaurants?
upgrades/perks for elites?

thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:29 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
I don't remember if lounge open on wk end, I don't think so....great location of hotel, across the river looking out on Boston, great mgn't be nice and they will upgrade you; about a year ago, I had a 12 day stay here, I believe the gal on the front was Michele, gave me a two room ste and comped the bfst for both me and my wife. Also, the "Red Line" is right in the entry way and across the street, so you do not need a car...two or three stops gets you to Harvard Yard and if you fly in, take the bus to the blue line at Logan, to the red line to the hotel for $1.25.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
sorry, forgot the restaurants....room service if v.good if you cannot get out due to weather, however, eat out, tons of good food places close by either by foot, cab or "T"
Old Feb 11, 2004, 6:35 pm

I concur that this is a nice property. It is less than ten minutes from downtown Boston via the subway (just across the street) and usually requires significantly less dollars or Marriott Rewards Points to stay there vis-a-vis the downtown properties.
Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:21 pm

Programs: Delta - PM; Marriott - Gold; Hilton - Silver
I'll also concur that's its a great property - Boston's one of my favorite places. The hotel is very convienent to the North End of Boston (because of the T). There are some excellent restaurants nearby (within walking distance)...Legal Seafood, Cheesecake Factory, and Cambridge Brew House (they sell their own beer by the gallon (take home only)) come to mind. The bar and grill at the hotel is good also (can't remember the name though). There's also a Starbucks in the hotel. Access to the T is as easy as it gets - out the back of the hotel and it's right there. The MIT COOP is adjacent to the hotel as well as a small food court, open during the day and early evening (you can access it through the hotel). There are also a number of small cafe's on Main Street behind the hotel. People also use the hotel as a crosswalk to get to/from Broadway and Main Street so there's always activity - but there are no rooms until the 3rd floor so there is no noise to speak of. Have a great time in Cambridge/Boston!
Old Feb 11, 2004, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Starwood Gold, US Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SweetHomeChicago:
any info on the cambridge MA marriott....</font>
Very nice hotel with excellent service. The RI in the same complex is similarly terrific. The Kendall Square area is deserted on weekends; finding open restaurants nearby can be tough, especially for breakfast. I have had dreadful experiences with both hotel restaurants and the Legal Sea Foods in the same complex. Central Square is a reasonable walk, though, and has some great options. The Red Line opens up all sorts of other choices.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 12:53 pm

My family used to always stay at this property when they came to Boston for a visit (now they prefer the CY Brookline as it's much closer to my home). Anyway, like other posters have mentioned, Kendall Square definitely empties out after business hours and on weekends, so you will probably want to venture elsewhere for food, drinks, and nightlife. If you are in the mood for pizza, Emma's is close by and has fantastic pizza (and I'm from Chicago and still a tough critic). Also, the Kendall Square Cinema is a great arthouse movie theater that is within walking distance. But given that you are within spitting distance of the Red Line, pony up the $1.25 and go somewhere more interesting. Harvard Square is only a couple of stops away, and Davis Square also has a ton of great bars and restaurants. If you are looking more upscale, go the other direction into Boston.

By the way, if I remember correctly, the Concierge Lounge was not open on the weekends, but it has been over a year since I was last at this place, so I'm not an authority.

Emjoy your stay! It would appear that our never-ending cold snap has finally left us...
Old Feb 12, 2004, 3:34 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jclip:
I have had dreadful experiences with both hotel restaurants and the Legal Sea Foods in the same complex.</font>
Run, run away quickly from the Legal Seafood restaurant. Thanks to that place, I came down with a horrible case of food poisoning last time I was in Boston.

Definitely agree the Marriott is a great place to stay, you can't go wrong with it.

Old Feb 13, 2004, 10:30 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by King of the Road:
Run, run away quickly from the Legal Seafood restaurant. Thanks to that place, I came down with a horrible case of food poisoning last time I was in Boston.

</font>
While I have never had a problem at any of the Legal Seafoods locations, the California Pizza Kitchen once gave me the worst case of food poisoning I have ever had. Basically, steer clear of the Galleria food, and head to greener pastures in Harvard or Davis Squares.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 11:43 pm

Marriott Burlington (MA) or Ren Bedford?

Assume the rate is the same. Any preference for one over the other?

Thanks,
David
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:29 am

I prefer the location and setting of the Renaissance. It is a bit more secluded and has a woodsy feel, while the Marriott just seems plunked down among 30 office parks. The Ren has a very nice restaurant across the street (Naked Fish, not connected with the hotel); it also seems like you have to go through 77 red lights to reach the Marriott.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 11:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, United Silver
Are either of these near a T?
Old Feb 22, 2004, 1:30 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
While I do not agree on the numerous red-lights to reach the Marriott, I most definitely prefer the Bedford Renassaince. As mentioned nicer rooms, great restaurant.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:01 pm

Thanks! Ren it is. (keep em coming if anybody else wants to chime in.)

-David

Old Feb 22, 2004, 5:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by boltor:
Are either of these near a T?</font>
No, they aren't. These are both on/near 128 near route 3. May I suggest the Marriott in Cambridge?

-David

[This message has been edited by LIH Prem (edited Feb 22, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.