Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2015, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Custom House is a MVC property so no lounge. Long Wharf has a great location but is otherwise a ho-hum Marriott. I prefer the Renaissance or the Ritz-Carlton myself, but of course the Ritz will probably run you much more than $258/night (especially if you want club level). The Renaissance is often less just because the location is SLIGHTLY less ideal, but the niceness of the property more than makes up for it.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA, IHG Platinum, BW Diamond, Carlson Gold, Accor Platinum,
Help me choose hotel near Boston

Please help me choose the most convenient and nicest hotel near Boston from the list below. I have two free nights (from the Continental tires promo) at any of those hotels:

Massachusetts
AMESBURY
Fairfield Inn Amesbury

ANDOVER
Courtyard Boston Andover
SpringHill Suites Boston Andover
Residence Inn Boston Andover

AUBURN
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
BILLERICA
Courtyard Boston Billerica/Bedford
Residence Inn Boston
North Shore/Danvers
Massachusetts
BILLERICA
TownePlace Suites Boston
North Shore/Danvers

DEDHAM
Fairfield Inn Boston Dedham

FRAMINGHAM
Residence Inn Boston Framingham

FRANKLIN
Residence Inn Boston Franklin

FT DEVENS
SpringHill Suites Devens Common
Center

LOWELL
Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford

MARLBOROUGH
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Residence Inn Boston Marlborough

MIDDLEBORO
Fairfield Inn Plymouth Middleboro

MILFORD
Courtyard Boston Milford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston Milford

NATICK
Courtyard Boston Natick

NEW BEDFORD
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford

NORWOOD
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton

RAYNHAM
Courtyard Boston Raynham

STOUGHTON
Courtyard Boston Stoughton

TEWKSBURY
Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Massachusetts
TEWKSBURY
Residence Inn Boston
Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston
Tewksbury/Andover
WESTBOROUGH
Courtyard Boston Westborough
Residence Inn Boston Westborough

WESTFORD
Residence Inn Boston Westford

WOBURN
Courtyard Boston Woburn/Burlington
Residence Inn Boston Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
What are you trying to do? Just use the certificate? If wanting to go to Boston, better to be in the city than way outside. If just using the cert, which one is closest to you to save hassle of getting there
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by deemkaa
Please help me choose the most convenient and nicest hotel near Boston from the list below. I have two free nights (from the Continental tires promo) at any of those hotels:
Whatever property is closest to the "T".
Old Jun 24, 2015, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How are you getting to Boston? Flight to BOS, car, train,....?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
If your goal is to do stuff in Boston, none of those are really a good choice. The Fairfield Inn Dedham is somewhat near a commuter rail station, but I wouldn't recommend that property. I've stayed in it a few times and have been disappointed in just about everything (size of room, quality of bedding/towels, breakfast). Lots of road noise as well.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah it really depends what you'd like to do... as others mentioned, none is exactly 'close' to the city, so you'd have to drive in.

I assume you're limited to Cat4 with the cert. Also assuming you want to do some sightseeing in the city, here is what I would recommend from the list:
Woburn as they are close to or just off 93 which is the main highway that goes in to Boston downtown. About a 20 min drive without traffic, which can vary heavily depending on day and time (its a parking lot for rush hour). The Courtyard Woburn/Boston North is also Cat4 and just off 93 in Woburn.

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Boston North in Revere is also a Cat4 and much closer to Boston.

Most of those others are way out in metrowest area or out in the middle of nowhere and quite far from the city. The Residence Inn Boston Framingham is actually in a busier area due to a large mall and restaurants, but doubt you want to hang out at the mall.

One other consideration could be to stay at the Fairfield in Middleboro and drive to see Cape Cod.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:19 am

As mentioned, it's all about how you're getting to Boston, & what you plan to do. If you plan to drink, shoot for a property near a T station, or that provides a shuttle to the T station. Most Revere properties offer a shuttle to the wood island blue line and airport blue line stops, you can then ride quickly into the city for like $2 per trip on your charlie card.

Uber rates have dropped too--I stayed in Revere a couple of weeks ago and got an uber from Fenway to Revere, after a Sox game where there was a 1.2x surge and it was only $22. Not bad, worth it this time to avoid being packed into the green line like sardines.

Regardless, if you're going for fun/tourism, even if you don't drink, Boston is OLD which means many streets are smaller; it isn't exactly the most parking friendly place--use the T or splurge for Uber.

IIRC Fairfield Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover is about 3 miles from a blue line T station, but they don't provide a shuttle (May cost you $5 back and forth with uber each time).

EDIT: I visit Boston 5x a year or so for sports and tourism, feel free to let me know if I can help answer any questions about the city/things to do.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, National EE
If you don't want to stay in the city itself I have stayed at the Residence Inn Woburn numerous time and can highly recommend the property. It's a 10 minute walk or free hotel shuttle to Anderson train station which gives you quick access to North Station and anywhere in Boston you want to go. It's also near the convergence of 93/95 so great highway access.
Fairly modern property, well maintained, good sized suites and a great staff. My only negative comment is they don't seem to be pumping AC into the hallways during the summer and at times the hallways smell strongly of curry.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Custom House is a MVC property so no lounge. Long Wharf has a great location but is otherwise a ho-hum Marriott. I prefer the Renaissance or the Ritz-Carlton myself, but of course the Ritz will probably run you much more than $258/night (especially if you want club level). The Renaissance is often less just because the location is SLIGHTLY less ideal, but the niceness of the property more than makes up for it.
Does the Renaissance have a lounge? I'm now thinking instead of just doing an award for both nights. I'm not sure I'll even be in/around the hotel for an evening social, but definitely would like a nice breakfast to start my day
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Yes, the Renaissance has a nice, standard lounge.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hat tip to rasheed for noting in the new properties & disposable threads that there's a new property in the Boston area.

Residence Inn Boston Watertown

Category 8.

"The Residence Inn is Watertown’s first all-suite hotel, across from the Arsenal Project and the Charles River where Boston meets Cambridge. Our hotel boasts spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. Each suite includes a fully equipped kitchen ready for your favorite cuisine. Complimentary grocery delivery service is available to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Guests enjoy free internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast is provided daily to start mornings off right. Wind down with the Residence Inn Mix®, our complimentary evening social. Our on-site, 24-hour fitness center will keep your routine in check. Our hotel is minutes from Cambridge’s Harvard Square and Harvard University, Perkins School for the Blind, Commander’s Mansion, MIT, The Arsenal Project, athenahealth Campus, Bright Horizons and downtown Boston. We are conveniently located only 9 miles to Boston Logan Airport."
Old Aug 31, 2016, 10:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Hat tip to rasheed for noting in the new properties & disposable threads that there's a new property in the Boston area.

Residence Inn Boston Watertown

Category 8.

"The Residence Inn is Watertown’s first all-suite hotel, across from the Arsenal Project and the Charles River where Boston meets Cambridge. Our hotel boasts spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with separate living and sleeping areas. Each suite includes a fully equipped kitchen ready for your favorite cuisine. Complimentary grocery delivery service is available to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Guests enjoy free internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast is provided daily to start mornings off right. Wind down with the Residence Inn Mix®, our complimentary evening social. Our on-site, 24-hour fitness center will keep your routine in check. Our hotel is minutes from Cambridge’s Harvard Square and Harvard University, Perkins School for the Blind, Commander’s Mansion, MIT, The Arsenal Project, athenahealth Campus, Bright Horizons and downtown Boston. We are conveniently located only 9 miles to Boston Logan Airport."
Category 8 is preposterous for that location, IMO, but I'm not too surprised since nothing in Boston is cheap.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
Category 8 is preposterous for that location, IMO, but I'm not too surprised since nothing in Boston is cheap.
I agree Boston rates are outrageous. I am upset about starting at category 8. It is probably accurate, but Marriott should give it a chance at a level 5 or 6 and raise accordingly based on demand. Maybe Marriott needs to just admit the rate ranges for the categories or watch the category drop when people don't want to use category 8 for a limited services property.

Rasheed
Old Sep 4, 2016, 4:58 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+; Marriott Gold; HHonors DIA
Originally Posted by rasheed
I agree Boston rates are outrageous. I am upset about starting at category 8. It is probably accurate, but Marriott should give it a chance at a level 5 or 6 and raise accordingly based on demand. Maybe Marriott needs to just admit the rate ranges for the categories or watch the category drop when people don't want to use category 8 for a limited services property.

Rasheed
Understand this is a Marriott forum and not intended to derail. Bust as a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Plat, the ability to book any award travel in Boston is tough, and the rates are usually some of the highest (I dare say surpassing NYC and maybe even London on average).

We spent last weekend there for an annual trip we take. This year we booked a "Stay Alfred", similar to VRBO / AirBnB. Could not have been more pleased. We were at the Avenir across from TD Ameritrade. More convenient than most downtown hotels. Our group commented several times about a nicer property, basically booking a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen, and with all the restaurants / bars nearby why would you need one in hotel.

All this for about half the price of booking 2 rooms at a decent hotel (Marriott, SPG, Hilton or whatever).

Also agree on the above regarding proximity to the T and Uber / Lyft. Boston is a very convenient and easy to navigate city with both. Bonus points with the Avenir sitting on top of the North Station of the T.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.