Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Old Mar 11, 2002, 10:52 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I stayed there last June. Originally booked at Swissotel but moved to Long Wharf because I didn't like Swissotel's proximity to Chinatown and surrounding area.

Didn't notice any construction noise from transit project. Most of the construction appeared to be way down underground. My room was just above the neighboring restaurant/bar's patio, so it tended to be a little noisy until the wee hours.

I like this properties proximity to downtown, Quincy Market and the North End but walking around can be a bit circuitous to get through the construction zone.
Old Apr 9, 2002, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA 2MM former EXP - driven away by "Enhancements", MVPG75, Hilton Diamond
Deals on Boston Longwharf?

I'm going to be in Boston for 4 days on the July 4th weekend. Is the best rate I'm going to find be around $220, or is there some other way to get a better deal?

I'm open to any suggestions. I do not have any Marriott Points to play with on this one.

Thank you for your help!
Old Apr 17, 2002, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cambridge MA Residence Inn

I am booked at the Cambridge MA Residence Inn. I checked the rating on the AAA Tour Book and it said it did not meet some AAA standards.

Does anyone know if this place is OK? Is it significantly worse than the full service Marriott?

Any way to get a lower rate with those hotels?

Thanks,

Steven

Old Apr 18, 2002, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've never seen the Cambridge Residence Inn and know nothing about it. I have stayed at the full-service Cambridge Marriott many times, most recently in December 2001, and like it very much. It has lots of deals on the weekends, including AAA rates, but is pretty full and expensive during the week. The Concierge Lounge is open 7 days a week.

Bruce
Old Apr 19, 2002, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP & 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz GLD
Howdy folks,

This is a sorta-kinda delurk for me (on this board). I'm mostly a Hilton guy (don't shoot me). But Marriott is running a very close second for me.

Anyway - in regards to staying in Cambridge:

I have spent about 3 weeks at the Marriott Residence Inn in Brockton (this is like 20-25 minutes south of BOS). I loved the place, I found the staff very friendly and helpfull. Rooms were shockingly clean - overall one of the best stays I've had.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep the faith.

Pakse
Old Apr 19, 2002, 2:22 pm

I stayed there in 1999 right after it opened. It was very very clean and the staff was very nice.
Old Apr 20, 2002, 1:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by username:
I am booked at the Cambridge MA Residence Inn. I checked the rating on the AAA Tour Book and it said it did not meet some AAA standards.

Does anyone know if this place is OK? Is it significantly worse than the full service Marriott?

Hello,
I stayed there two summers ago for a couple of nights. The property and rooms are fine. The location is a little isolated from neighborhood retail services. It worked for us becuase we just slept there and hung out elsewhere. Have a good time.
Gail
Any way to get a lower rate with those hotels?

Thanks,

Steven

</font>
Old Apr 21, 2002, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL, US, SPG, MR, HH
It seemed like a typical urban Residence Inn, to me. They do not pretend to be a full-service hotel (it's carefully positioned, because there is a full-service Marriott nearby), and AAA standards seem geared to rating traditional, full service hotels.

It is not located in a tourist center, although the Red line T is convenient, and it's 2 stops to Harvard Square and 3-4 stops to downtown Boston (you'll have to change lines for Quncy Market). There are a few restaurants close by -- the best is probably the Blue Room. There's also a Brew Pub, and a Legal Seafoods at the real Marriott.
Old Apr 22, 2002, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks gsilliman!

Since there will be 4 of us, I figure it is cheaper to book a 2 BR suite at the RI than 2 rooms at the real Marriott. I know it is a tall building and it does not have parking. The clerk told me it is more like an apartment building. The real Marriott is just down the street, I guess.

If anyone else has any comments, opinions and suggestions, I would appreciate it. Tryint to stay at the Marriott to get the Take 2 promotion.

Thanks,

Steven

[This message has been edited by username (edited 04-22-2002).]
Old Aug 31, 2002, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Boston Hotels

I'm going to be in Boston for a Friday night, all day Saturday and part of Sunday. I found another thread where someone said the Marriott on the wharf is one to avoid because of the Big Dig and that staying outside of downtown is better.

Does anyone know if this is still the case? I like the proximity of the Marriott on the wharf and it seems like I could walk to most of the bars, eateries and shows. Then again...never been there before.

Any help on hotels in Boston would be appreciated as well as any Boston 'must sees' if you can muster a few of them.

Dingo
Old Aug 31, 2002, 8:23 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
The Marriott on the wharf is nice but expensive -- I seem to recall that cans of Pepsi from the machine were $2.50

When in Boston, I stay at the Newton Marriott...nice place, not convenient to downtown but less expensive than the Wharf.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 8:57 pm

I was in Boston last weekend (8/24). I could not get a room in the Copley and was quaoted a rate of $480/night at the wharf. I ended up staying in the Quincy Marriott for $129/night and riding the MTA into downtown. The Quincy hotel is large (they had three wedding receptions there the night I stayed) and is very nice. The MTA cost $2.50 to park and $2.00 each way into town. The ride was 20 minutes or so.
Old Aug 31, 2002, 9:26 pm

Programs: US 1 Mar Plt Hertz PC
I like the Quincy Marriott. It is a new property and you can see the Boston skyline from the upper floors so the trip into the city is pretty short. I make a habit of avoiding Logan by flying into PVD, so this hotel location has always worked out for me.
Old Sep 1, 2002, 10:41 am

The Marriott Long Wharf is very expensive and, yes, it is right in the middle of all the construction. I have stayed many times at Copley and it is your typical, huge convention hotel but convenient to everything in the Back Bay as well as the subway to Faneul Hall (orange line, i think). Newton is out of town and you need a car. Have you checked the Marriott Cambridge? It's usually cheaper than Copley and also very convenient to the subway
Old Sep 1, 2002, 12:08 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
I would really really avoid Marriott Long Wharf. I agree with DADISGARYK and always stay at the Newton marriott. Much cheaper and is a nicer in my opinion.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.