Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

BEST AND WORST CONCIERGE LOUNGE AWARDS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BEST AND WORST CONCIERGE LOUNGE AWARDS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:09 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
my nominees

My nominees, all for best. Most of my travel is Asia Pacific:

JW HKG: As stated, outstanding view and service.

JW Shanghai: Best NEW lounge. Outstanding view and service from 59th floor. You also have the choice of a full buffet in the cafe instead of lounge breakfast.

Marr Singapore: Currently being renovated, and should be even better. Also view and service in addition to BEST BREAKFAST and drinks. Always have a Sing Sling on your first night.

Marr Sydney: Being able to see the Opera House, Harbour Bridge, sunrise and sunset makes this one of the best views in the world and the most complete in terms of food and beverages.

Marr Melbourne. Nicest lounge person anyplace, Chateau. Say hi for me.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mauifirstclass
Has anyone stayed at the Chicago Oak Brook Marriott - how is the lounge there?

I did not care for the louge at this location. Poor service in the morning with empty food servings. I have stayed here often but now have moved to the Marriott Suites in Downers Grove.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:36 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
I thought the San Diego Marriott Hotel & Marina had a pretty good dessert spread w/ 6-7 selections and really nice views of the harbor.

Though the apps left a bit to be desired (breaded Artichoke hearts). They certainly allow kids too as the place was full of them during breakfast.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 3:38 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Uber Titanium; From US CP to dirt (Its been a while)
<deleted>

Last edited by ackpfft; Aug 10, 2006 at 3:40 pm Reason: submitted twice by accident
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:19 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass American Admirals Club Lifetime,IHG Rewards Spire,HHonors Gold
I enjoyed the Riverside Marriott because the lounge had an outside patio
on the top floor. Food was nothing special but the hostess was very friendly
there and a good choice of wine and spirits.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: Marriott - Platinum Lifetime, UA- MM, AS- MVPG75
With all the negative NYC information, unless it has changed greatly, the Marriott in Brooklyn was outstanding. I haven't stayed there in a couple of years so that information may be dated.

The Marriott in Copenhagen is about the best I've ever seen - breakfst, yes so many choices it is a full meal and evening "snacks" that are enough for a meal along with FREE liquids - both non and alcoholic along with the view and free internet access on 2 PCs put it at my TOP!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:03 pm

Programs: Delta 2.5MM&Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier, Platinum Emeritus
Ex-US: Sydney Australia Harbor Marriott has an exceptional lounge. Great food, free alcholol, attentive staff, nice view, open weekends.
Frankfurt Marriott also very good: great food, free wine and beer, extremely nice staff, open weekends.
Renaissance Zurich is also one of my favorite lounges.
Vancouver Marriott also really great.
Domestic: NY Eastside Marriott has a really good lounge. Great staff - chef even appears on occasion to chat!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 7:20 pm

Lounges in Asia are always better than those in US becuase opening 7 days a week

Lounges in Asia are always better than those in US becuase they always open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, most even open from 7 am till Midnight
Old Aug 10, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: United 1K MM - 1.7M actually, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ohmark
Well, you took a while to let us know how you felt. But poor mauifirstclass; nobody ever answered his question, and now, I'll bet, his trip to Chicago is over.
that's ok with me

i have an upcoming, first time ever trip to Hong King, and am torn between the Marriott and the Ritz. Since food seems to be so expensive, we are leaning towards the Ritz with the 5 F&B presentations daily...we have enjoyed that in Orlando and Maui, and it certainly paid for itself...comments, anyone??
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, Delta Base, AA Base
I'm staying at the Cambridge Marriott (Boston) for 1st time. They had an omelet station and hot food for breakfast which was a change from my normal experiences. But, I concur with previous posters - a good lounge is any that is open on the weekends.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:06 pm

Programs: aa-plat, nw-gold, ua, sw, marriot-plat, hh-silver, hz-presidents circle, amtrak-who knows
I'll put my vote in for the St. Louis Renaissance Grand Hotel. They really knocked out the stops on the service.. the morning spread was good and covered a wide range of foods. evening "snacks" were great as well.. good enough for a meal if you had a big lunch.
The staff is friendly and helpful, and makes it a point to talk to you and find out about you and if you have anything they can help you with.

The Seattle Renaissance is quite nice.. i reccomend the view. with an outside patio none the less! 26th floor view of the Cascades. even better if you get there on a clear summer day. of course the staff is wonderful.

I also can recommend the J.W. Marriott New Orleans. The evening meal was just that.. a full meal.. I was pretty tired and hungry the one night i stayed. I was fully expecting to require room service, and i walked over to the lounge to discover that they were serving lamb chops with two sides(!!) Needless to say, I skipped room service that night.

As for poor lounges, i can't really think of any off the top of my head. I guess the worst lounges are the closed ones :-p
Old Aug 11, 2006, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The AMS Marriott is quite good. Lovely view overlooking the Leidesplain & one of the canals. Fabulous service!!!! Good food in a.m. & p.m. Free i-net terminal. I think though that it's closed on the weekends most of the times (last year they stayed open during the IBC show).

Cheers.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Smile

My votes for best lounge(s) in no particular order:

(1) NY Marriott Marquis
(2) JW Marriott BKK
(3) Sydney Harbour Marriott
(4) Renaissance Chancery Court
Old Aug 13, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: DELTA PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, etc.
Ren Makati City Manila -- Nice near-top-floor lounge with a huge spread of Western, Japanese, Chinese, Thai food, including a kitchen that makes eggs, breakfast meats, etc to order. Attentive service at all hours, free apps and drinks, and a balcony looking over Greenbelt 3. Also 3 computers and printers.
Old Aug 13, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
My votes for favourite:

1) Renaissance Polat Istanbul (Best service ever. Great food and drinks!)
2) Renaissance Tunis (WOW! Amazing food selection)
3) Marriott West India Quay London (great view, great food, excellent service)
4) Marriott Athens (just for the amazing Food and Beverage selection and the view of the Acropolis from the lounge. It's not all that large or special inside though)

Worst
1) Marriott City Centre Denver
2) Marriott Denver Gateway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.