Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel (Orchard Road) [Master Thread]

Old Aug 22, 2003, 2:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum;Delta 2MM;Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite;Hertz 5*
I have stayed there as well. It is fine-very well located to shopping, places to eat etc. Rooms average.
Old Aug 23, 2003, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 3MM Lifetime, AA PlatPro,Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime, Hyatt Globalist
I found the rooms lacked character. To have travelled half way around the world and find a hotel room decorated so similarly to an average Marriott in the US was disappointing. Elevator service was very poor during my stay although I've heard that improvements were underway.

The ground floor restaurant is popular especially the outdoor bar fronting Orchard Road. A nice place for a late night cocktail when the weather cools down. The health club is nice - open 24 hours; just ask for a key from the front desk afterhours and they'll let you in (a policy I wish more hotels would follow).

Regarding early check-in, call the hotel and request it. I once arrived early and was told there would be an additional charge unless, from that point on, I got it approved in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA-Plat, NWA-Plat, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Plat
Lodging in Singapore - Marriott v/s Hilton

I am traveling to Singapore for a week in May and wondering which hotel is better - the Marriott or the Conrad Centennial? I am Gold Marriott rewards member and Diamond Hilton member. Which hotel is likely to provide me with room upgrade and better service.

Thanks for your input.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 2:44 pm

Can't speak for the Hilton but my last stay at the Marriott was a mixed bag. Poor service - the hotel would not honor my reserved room type, no Gold upgrade apart from lounge access. That being said, it's in a great location at the corner or Orchard Rd and Scotts Rd, convenient to shopping, dining, and the MRT. Given that I don't expect upgrades as an MR Gold, I'd probably stay there again.
Old May 3, 2004, 8:44 pm

Platinum benefits with Priceline prepaid stay at Marriott Singapore?

Have you stayed at Marriott Singapore with a Priceline payment? Do you still receive platinum benefits? I don't care too much about room upgrade, but really hope I can get lounge access for breakfast and evening snacks.

Or do you know any discount/promo code at this location, current search turned out S$260 for my 6/19-7/4 stay.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 4, 2004, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by guiming_miao
Have you stayed at Marriott Singapore with a Priceline payment? Do you still receive platinum benefits? I don't care too much about room upgrade, but really hope I can get lounge access for breakfast and evening snacks.

Or do you know any discount/promo code at this location, current search turned out S$260 for my 6/19-7/4 stay.

Thanks in advance.
You will receive your platinum benefits but not stay/night credit
Old May 11, 2004, 10:43 pm

What is breakfast and evening snack like in lounge?

Originally Posted by DFW DL
Can't speak for the Hilton but my last stay at the Marriott was a mixed bag. Poor service - the hotel would not honor my reserved room type, no Gold upgrade apart from lounge access. That being said, it's in a great location at the corner or Orchard Rd and Scotts Rd, convenient to shopping, dining, and the MRT. Given that I don't expect upgrades as an MR Gold, I'd probably stay there again.
Quick question, for those of you have been there, can you comment on what is the food selection like for breakfast and evening snacks in the lounge?

Still interested in comparision of Marriott vs Hilton, and Conrad regarding room upgrade for platinum/diamond member, lounge quality.

Thanks.

Guiming
Old May 12, 2004, 12:02 am

Singapore Marriott

I too cannot speak for the Hilton, but I have stayed at the Marriott three times over the past few years for various business trips. The lounge is VERY nice, and the food selection there was excellent. Salmon, salmon, and more salmon...and the rest of the evening snacks were well above the normal levels of the US properties IMHO. Evening acoholic beverages in the lounge were also complimentary. The health club is open 24 hours for hotel guests, and is nearly spa quality in nature. There is a rooftop pool, which is great given the nearly daily 90 degree temperatures outdoors. For coffee lovers, there is also a Starbucks across the street. I'm not sure what the Hilton has to offer, but I would definitely stay at the Marriott again on future visits to Singapore.
Old May 12, 2004, 2:46 am
Patron

Compared with other properties, rates are quite expensive

Still interested in comparision of Marriott vs Hilton, and Conrad regarding room upgrade for platinum/diamond member, lounge quality.
If you book Singapore MR hotel through "points earning potental channels", you easily pay for a standard room SGD 250,--+++ on weekdays and SGD 220,--+++ on weekends. Don't expect and upgrade to concierge floors and don't be surprised if the lounge is packed during "feeding times".

You should easily get Intercontinental Singapore next to Bugis Junction for SGD 160,-+++. Standard rooms are much nicer there and for the money you save you get a lot to eat...

Old May 12, 2004, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Patron
If you book Singapore MR hotel through "points earning potental channels", you easily pay for a standard room SGD 250,--+++ on weekdays and SGD 220,--+++ on weekends. Don't expect and upgrade to concierge floors and don't be surprised if the lounge is packed during "feeding times".

You should easily get Intercontinental Singapore next to Bugis Junction for SGD 160,-+++. Standard rooms are much nicer there and for the money you save you get a lot to eat...
Just trying to get everyone's opinion, I will have 14 day long term stay. The rate from the Marriott web site is SGD 260 on weekdays, and SGD 220 on weekends. Is it worthwhile redeeming two 7-day travel package rewards? Or can I call hotel manager to negotiate a long-term stay rate?

Thanks.

Last edited by guiming_miao; May 12, 2004 at 7:22 am Reason: Fix a typo
Old May 12, 2004, 8:54 am
Patron

...can I call hotel manager to negotiate a long-term stay rate?
You should do this! Ask also for the "Home Away from Home Package" (maybe this rate is not available at this property, but it never hurts to ask)!

Good Luck!

Old Jun 8, 2004, 6:11 am
Patron

FGP versus PL

If someone pays his stays out of his own pocket, IMO this is another example, where he should carefully evaluate if it make sense to book a room for USD 150,--, if he easily gets it for USD 60,-- on PL.

You get a lot food & beverage for USD 90,--/day in Singapore (assuming you do not requalify for Gold tier at least).

Old Feb 22, 2005, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Marriott Commercial from Singapore

Funny stuff.

Clicky
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:56 am

Programs: Qantas Gold, Marriot Silver, Sofitel, USAir, Delta,Meritus,Plat IC Ambassador
That was funny. File it under "Commercials never to be seen in the U.S.".

Of course, it also made me hungry for the fantastic food in Singapore.
Old Mar 20, 2005, 6:43 am
Suspended

No room upgrade for Plat at Singapore Marriott

I am staying at Singapore Marriott (Orchard Road) on reward point redemption, just checked in and was given a Deluxe Room with lounge access, and the room is not on concierge floor. Deluxe is the lowest room category on the hotel room category list posted inside the room.
I guess Singapore Marriott does not welcome guests staying for free, or they simply do not care about Plat member..

Last edited by Mama; Mar 20, 2005 at 6:51 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.