Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2002, 5:08 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
It's an okay hotel. However, there are better hotels in Montreal. The Omni Hotel and Loews come to mind.
Old Mar 7, 2002, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed there a few times both as a Marriott and when it used to be a CP property.

While it's not a top tier hotel, it is still nice and you can get some great views. Also, I think it is in a very good location. There is a direct entry to the subway system from the hotel basement. The local tourism bureau is directly across the park that you see when you exit the front door of the hotel. There are two different currency exchange offices one block past this park if you go up the street along the left side of the same park. There are lots of restaurants and night clubs within easy walking distance.
Old Mar 8, 2002, 9:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, Delta Platnium
I stayed at the Montreal Marriott last summer. I thought it was pretty good. I was on an award stay, and as a Gold (at the time), I was upgraded to the Concierge level. The Concierge lounge was very nice, and even had breakfast on the weekend. The view from our room was spectacular.

A few notes, though.

They do charge for parking, works out to $8 or $10 US per night.

I thought it was in an OK spot. It is very close to the Hockey arena, and does have the subway connector, however I thought the courtyard was in a better spot. It was about 1/2 way between the 2 touristy spots. They are not THAT far apart, however.

That being said... I went to Montreal for a weekend, and it cost me under $300 including airfare and car rental.

Montreal is a cool city! Have fun!
Old Mar 8, 2002, 3:17 pm
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Galla47:
I stayed at the Montreal Marriott last summer. I thought it was pretty good. I was on an award stay, and as a Gold (at the time), I was upgraded to the Concierge level. The Concierge lounge was very nice, and even had breakfast on the weekend. The view from our room was spectacular.

A few notes, though.

They do charge for parking, works out to $8 or $10 US per night.

I thought it was in an OK spot. It is very close to the Hockey arena, and does have the subway connector, however I thought the courtyard was in a better spot. It was about 1/2 way between the 2 touristy spots. They are not THAT far apart, however.

That being said... I went to Montreal for a weekend, and it cost me under $300 including airfare and car rental.

Montreal is a cool city! Have fun!
</font>
Montreal Marriott I would rate a Good, but the Renaissance is in a much livelier neighborhood, usually has less expensive rates, offers Entertainment rates, and I think is a better value.

HOWEVER, I have read that Marriott was planning to open a Spring Hill Suites in the OLD Port/Quarter section of Montreal. If it is truly located there, then that will be your best choice concerning location.

Old Apr 21, 2002, 7:05 am

Montreal Options

Last trip to Montreal I stayed at the Chateau Champlain - pretty nice, but I thought I would check on other Marriott options. If anyone can provide insight into the Renaissance, Courtyard, or the new SpringHill Suites, I would appreciate it. I'm most interested in how you liked the surroundings - shopping, restaurants, tourist sights - and in the room size and quality. Also, I'm MR Platinum, so did the hotels provide upgrades/amenities, etc.?

Thanks (in advance) for the assistance.
Old Apr 21, 2002, 7:31 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Hmm, the Marriott Champlain is okay but there are far much better properties in Montreal. The Omni, Fairmont, Loews come to mind.
Old May 24, 2002, 5:22 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Bringing this forward again just in case someone has recently stayed there.

[This message has been edited by Flyaway (edited 05-24-2002).]
Old May 24, 2002, 9:54 am

Well you finally found someone who stayed there - about 3 weeks ago for one night. It was very nice, new, typical SHS rooms and breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff and in a great location in the old city. I would highly recommend it. We attended the new Cirque du Soleil presentation which was in easy walking distance of the hotel.
Old May 24, 2002, 11:21 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks Flyfar!
Old Jun 7, 2002, 3:42 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DOC 2 BE:
Montreal Marriott I would rate a Good, but the Renaissance is in a much livelier neighborhood, usually has less expensive rates, offers Entertainment rates, and I think is a better value.

HOWEVER, I have read that Marriott was planning to open a Spring Hill Suites in the OLD Port/Quarter section of Montreal. If it is truly located there, then that will be your best choice concerning location.
</font>
I just got my free weekend certs in the mail and thought I'd use them in Montreal.
I've never been and wonder if you could expand on your comments about the neighborhood issue.
The only properties available for cert use are the Marriott and the Renaissance.
Thanks

Old Jun 7, 2002, 8:11 pm

Just spent a weekend at the Renaissance using my certificates. I would go back no problems. The hotel has recently being renovated, great room, great staff, very pleased with the lounge.

Enjoy
Old Jun 7, 2002, 9:27 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Call me silly, but I really like this place!
Old Jun 7, 2002, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Call me silly, but I really like this place! </font>
I did too, but it's been about 4 years.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 9:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rpull:
Also, was there a close by bank that offered a good exchange rate? We plan to spend seven nights there in May..Thanks</font>
Just about any Canadian bank will give you a similar exchange rate for USD. However, some hotels come quite close to the bank rate as they do not charge comission. At Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre, our current rate is 1.48 whereas the Royal Bank rate is 1.51.
If you are trying to change non-USD or GBP, most banks will not handle this and you will have to go to a specialty foreign exchange trader.

c.
Old Jun 13, 2002, 5:25 am
DOC 2 BE

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tomphot:
I just got my free weekend certs in the mail and thought I'd use them in Montreal.
I've never been and wonder if you could expand on your comments about the neighborhood issue.
The only properties available for cert use are the Marriott and the Renaissance.
Thanks

</font>

Just got back from my stay at the Ren Chancery Court and did not see this until now. I would say that the Marriott is in a commercial neighborhood without any residential areas about -- as noted above, it is near the arena, office buildings and some other hotels. There is a small park roughly across the street from it. However, I would not say that it was a bad area, as the Hilton is just a block away, and I will be staying there during the Montreal Jazz Fest later this month.

However, the Ren is at the foot of Mount Royal Park, it too has a parking garage under it, but the health club and pool are part of a regular and very large Montreal health club.

I have not been back since it was rennovated but I liked it before, and I guess it is even nicer now. I also like the fact that it would not sell out -- and thus have lower rates than the Marriott.

About 3 blocks from it is the beginning of the buildings for McGill University, so there is a great deal of diversity in the area, as well as housing. Indeed, the Courtyard is 2 blocks away, as is the Sheraton 4 Points, a Holiday Inn and a Delta hotel -- no relation to the airline.

It is much closer to the Place Des Arts where the Jazz fest is -- 3 blocks -- than is the Marriott, and it is about equidistant to the old Port/Old Montreal area as is the Marriott, but I think it is a nicer walk, as you get to go thru Chinatown, to boot!

Any other questions, ask away!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.